The ORIGINAL General Lee

Crazy_C

I saw the ORIGINAL general lee recently at a car show

It was the car that the doh version was based on

It was a 1940 Ford Mustang with a confederate flag painted as if it was draped over the hood and over the trunk, with a pic of the general lee on the doors

on the roof (where general lee is written on the doh version) is the phrase

"This man fought for our country, our rights and our lives. We must remember him at all costs."

it was sweet, but not a good as the charger version

00464029611.jpg here is a stock 40 mustang

There is no such thing as a 1940 Ford Mustang. The Ford Mustang was introduced in 1964 as a 1964½ model year car. The picture you posted is of a 1940 Ford coupe and it isn't stock; it has been lowered dramatically. A lot of hotrods based on old 30's and 40's Fords use mid to late 70's Ford Mustang II frontends (suspension, steering, brakes, etc.) so maybe that is where the confusion is coming from.

The car sounds interesting though; do you know where there are any pictures of it?

• 2 months later...

unfortunatley i do not have any pics of it cos my computer memory was wiped by a virus a while ago, so i lost everything

but as Dale said, and i have recently checked on, it was MY mistake about the originality of the car

apparently the owner says it is designed to be an original styled general lee, not the original, which is where i got confused (damn dyslexia!)

and i thought it was a coupe, but the owner kept saying it was a mustang, so i was not sure, i know more about Brittish cars and American trucks, not much about the old muscle cars except that they are sweet rides

but that link that Dale posted is very cool indeed

unfortunatley i do not have any pics of it cos my computer memory was wiped by a virus a while ago, so i lost everything

but as Dale said, and i have recently checked on, it was MY mistake about the originality of the car

apparently the owner says it is designed to be an original styled general lee, not the original, which is where i got confused (damn dyslexia!)

and i thought it was a coupe, but the owner kept saying it was a mustang, so i was not sure, i know more about Brittish cars and American trucks, not much about the old muscle cars except that they are sweet rides

but that link that Dale posted is very cool indeed

• 2 months later...

i really want a General Lee that would be so cool to go around in one!!!! I would just love to get in the General Lee and jump it over summtin' that would be soooo much fun!!!! hey my car is a jeep like dixie though!! LOL!! so that's second best although it doesn't say dixie on it with an eagle on the top and the top off. but i can always take the top off LOL!!! :D:D:D

Well you have to look at it from a 14 year old point of view. I know I wont have around $40,000 by the time I get a car and I dont want a 70s Charger or an 80s one and the best choice with alot of horsepower and reliability but beleive me I would take a 68,69, or 70 charger anyday but I have to go with my most available options. Also my dad said the price on these will drop alot in the years before I get my liscence so If i get this for cheap I can afford more custom General Lee parts. I already plan to get the decal set, the new cobra CB, the pushbar, roll cage, a dixie horn, and to top it off I am going to get it resprayed with HEMI orange paint. I will own a General Lee but it wont set me back as much on price since I have started saving.

Don't get the 2006 Charger and waste putting on all the paint,graphics,pushbar or anything else. By the time you save for the 2006 they will be a few years old and the factory doesn't keep parts around as long as they used to so parts wise it won't be a whole lot cheaper for 2006 than a 68-70. For the money get a 69 already made into a General. The prices seemed to have stabilized now and you can get a fully done General around 20-30k sometimes less.Just stay away from any General that came from a General Lee place in Illinois, do research on any car. By the way,HEMI orange is NOT the correct color for the General. 1975 Corvette "Flame Red" is.

HEMI orange was NOT used in the first five episodes.It was 1975 Corvette "Flame Red" and this comes from Don Schisler(spelling?) he was in charge of the Generals during the filming in Georgia. This color was also definitely used during the last 3 seasons also. Look kid I'm just giving you good advise. You're calling the 06 a classic? Don't think so. They aren't selling well. I've maybe only seen 2 or 3 actually on the road. I think they are ugly(my opinion) and look even worse with General Lee paint scheme.I've heard rumors that they are going to re-design them for next year to make them look more like the 68-70 as said rumor. I'm just trying to advise you on getting the most out of your investment. 68 -70 definitely gonna retain or gain value the 06 highly doubtful. I guess you've made your mind up to go 06,it's your money. Just be prepared to receive more criticism than praise as you drive your 06 General Lee. Why do you think they stayed with a 69 instead of the new for the movie? Cause hardly anyone would have gone to see it if they went new. Here is my General and it is Corvette Flame Red. 455318_5_full.jpg

i don't know if anyone else has seen this but there is a new General Lee R/C out there on ebay and it's coming to a store near you like Walmart i've seen it and it's awesome it's completely full function and you can play the dixie horn too! YEEHAW! Heres The Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/REMOTE-CONTROL-GENERAL-LEE-1-18-LAST-6-NEW_W0QQitemZ6980538262QQcategoryZ47190QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem