Identify General Lee's destroyed per episode

Neil

Hi everyone

A few years ago I found a Facebook user who was working on how many General Lee's had been estimated to be destroyed per episode and by each season.

He had used HD to pick up on the difference between each car used and even which ones had reused doors from previous jumps.

His estimated numbers wasn't as high as how many had been destroyed but unfortunately I can't find the post and I haven't found anyone else who had done similar research.

Has anyone on here or any other pages done a similar thing before as I'd like to check it out. I believe Season 2 and 3 the cars had most continuality errors and different cages miss minor dents ect are best ones to check.

Look forward to hearing back.

Chears Neil and thanks

15 hours ago, Neil said:

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I'll definitely hang about. 

Worse case I'll go season by season and episode by episode and see how I go. I know some episodes not shown in filming order but again shall try work out exactly what order episodes filmed in.

I'll keep searching and report back

Hello Neil and welcome to HazzardNet! According to the old TNN(The Nashville Network/The National Network) special The Life and Times of The Dukes of Hazzard it's mentioned by Balladeer Phil Crowley of that special that "The stunt men destroyed approximately 229 Chargers over the 7 seasons The Dukes of Hazzard series aired on Network television. They also destroyed hundreds of squad cars and other vehicles."