Rosco's Funniest Moments

Howdy from Hazzard Tn.

I have a topic worthy of being a poll. What you consider to be Rosco's funniest moments? When has Jimmy Best ever made you laugh the hardest. There are so many to choose from. The only ones that come to mind immediately are:

ROUTE 7/11: Rosco mistaking Luke for Enos in the rig.

DAYS OF SHINE AND ROSES: After the race when Rosco pulls up at the Boar's Nest in his completely deformed undercover car. I still laugh real hard at that scene.

PEOPLE'S CHOICE: Rosco's attempt at a Bo Duke style hood slide

FOLLOW THAT STILL: Riding Hard Luck's bicycle, tipping his hat, and falling into that gigantic mud puddle and shouting YUCK!!!

THE GREAT BANK ROBBERY: Boss and Rosco attempt to go after Bo and Luke when they turn on the sprinklers and dash out the bank, but they slip over the little door and fall.

HAZZARDGATE TAPE: When Enos crashes in to Rosco's car, Rosco gets out and QUIETLY walks over to Enos and tells him to write 2 tickets.

COY VS VANCE: Rosco's attempt to climb into the window of his patrol car when the door handle breaks off.

HIGH FLYIN DUKES: Rosco is thrown out of a the second story window of the Hazzard Hotel, lands on a trampoline, which bounces him up in to the air, lands on Boss, both land on a chair with wheels, which rolls across the street and hits a parking meter, which rings up a violation. Rosco proceeds to write Boss a parking ticket.

HAUNTING OF J.D. HOGG: Rosco commadeers a kid's bicycle, goes downhill and falls off the bike. Carries the bike down to the bottom, and shoots it.

And so on and so on. There's so many to name, it's hard to keep up with them all.

Cheers.

Will Rodgers

The Voice Man

Here are a couple more that I find funny:

In RIP Henry Flats (sp?) where Bo and Luke shoot arrows with dieamite and blow Rosco's police car in to the tree. The exchange between him and Boss is humorous (sp?).

Also in The Big Heist where Rosco is taking Bo and Luke to jail and stops at Cooters to get some gas. The little boy with the toy water gun held Rosco at gun point so that Bo and Luke could escape.

Lest I forget, In Limo ONe is Missing, I love what Rosco shouted at Enos when they nearly collided with each other.

ROSCO: YOU DUMB DIPSTICK WHAT ARE YOU TRYIN TO DO, GIVE ME BODILY INJURY?!!!!!

ENOS: I'm... sorry... Sheriff (barely getting his words)

ROSCO: WHERE'S DAISY? YOU LET HER GO?!!!

ENOS: Sorry Sheriff,, I .. I..

ROSCO: HUSH! HUSH! DON'T TALK TO ME WHEN I'M YELLING AT YOU!!!!

(and he does that whatever he did that was sooo funny.)

CHeers.

Will Rodgers

The Voice Man

"Money to Burn"

In the coffin works...

Rosco (in casket): "Boss, how high do you want me to stack these bills?"

Boss: "How high? Well how high are those gallon jugs we use to run shine in?"

Rosco: "Oh, about this high." *measures with hand*

Boss: "Than that's how high we can go under the false bottom, jackass!"

Rosco (bending down into casket): "That's Sheriff jackass."

And...

Rosco: "This my cut Boss? There's an awful lot of ones here...."

ROFL

• 1 month later...

Here's some of mine..in "Duke of Duke," when the Dukes set up the fake detour. Rosco drives smack into a tree again, gets out, starts muttering, adjusts his gun belt, and starts walking down the road.

Several scenes later, there's Rosco again, carrying his boots, muttering again about the heat or something. Finally, at the end, he starts muttering at some buzzards flying overhead that they ain't gonna get him.

The one that invariably cracks me up whenever I think about is in "RIP Henry Flatt" when his car gets an explosive surprise from Bo and Luke. Once I actually saw the car in the tree I dissolved into giggles. :lol:

Then there's the scene in "Ghost of General Lee" when Luke and Bo "haunt" Rosco in the garage.

Rosco: "You ain't gonna scare me....

(garage door flies open)

Oohp, now that scared me."

And the subsequent chase where poor Avery's left hanging and Rosco crashes into a building.

And then there's "Witness for the Persecution" when he appoints himself temporary acting Boss and shows up all decked in white. :lol:

• 1 month later...

Resurrecting this thread, there are a few recent Rosco Moments:

I liked two scenes from "A Little Game of Pool": After Jesse loses the General in the grudge match against that hustler from Chickasaw County, Rosco takes it to the bad guys. Along the way, he sees a guy working on a truck with one of those trailers attached to it. Rosco attempts to jump the thing but proceeds to reduce the trailer to shambles. He looks back and remarks, "well at least he won't have to worry about air conditioning!"

The second moment involves him equipping Flash with a helmet. After all those numerous wrecks he's gotten the dog in, it's about time.

Also, there was the episode where Rosco is chasing Coy and Vance, but runs into the ol' Hazzard Co. Road Crew. Rosco gets distracted by Flash, the patrol car hits something, and the next thing you know he's stuck in a tree. Bonus points to the road crew for having fun at Rosco's expense.

Resurrecting this thread, there are a few recent Rosco Moments:

I liked two scenes from "A Little Game of Pool": After Jesse loses the General in the grudge match against that hustler from Chickasaw County, Rosco takes it to the bad guys. Along the way, he sees a guy working on a truck with one of those trailers attached to it. Rosco attempts to jump the thing but proceeds to reduce the trailer to shambles. He looks back and remarks, "well at least he won't have to worry about air conditioning!"

The second moment involves him equipping Flash with a helmet. After all those numerous wrecks he's gotten the dog in, it's about time.

Also, there was the episode where Rosco is chasing Coy and Vance, but runs into the ol' Hazzard Co. Road Crew. Rosco gets distracted by Flash, the patrol car hits something, and the next thing you know he's stuck in a tree. Bonus points to the road crew for having fun at Rosco's expense.

The Return Of the Mean Green Machine- Rosco tries to shoot a bazooka at the machine..but instead blows up the patrol car... :o

Mary Kays Baby (ep. 3) - Rosco is pulling up to the boars nest, but he gets halfway to the boars nest door when boss calls him. so he runs back and answers, boss tells him if he isnt in there in 5 min. he will a night rentacop somewhere on frontage road....but rosco starts runnin in right after boss hogg starts yelling...and he gets in there just as boss is finished yelling at him.

The Return Of the Mean Green Machine- Rosco tries to shoot a bazooka at the machine..but instead blows up the patrol car... :o

Mary Kays Baby (ep. 3) - Rosco is pulling up to the boars nest, but he gets halfway to the boars nest door when boss calls him. so he runs back and answers, boss tells him if he isnt in there in 5 min. he will a night rentacop somewhere on frontage road....but rosco starts runnin in right after boss hogg starts yelling...and he gets in there just as boss is finished yelling at him.

• 1 month later...

yeah, I like Rosco put helmet on Flash before racing.. and also he did stuck in the tree and also other one in seed tower I think.. when he crash in tower and getting stuck then calling boss... and also The boy who tried freeze Rosco when BO, Luke in his sheriff's car and he think real gun but it was water gun! then freeze to dukes! but too late... lol :lol::)

I think one of my favorite Rosco moments was when the toilet was on the roof of his patrol car and when Enos told him he's like, "Enos have you lost all your kumquats?" and then he finally realizes it's there. I also like in Undercover Dukes when Rosco and Boss follow Bo and Luke and a mosquito lands on Boss and Rosco smacks it, saying something like. 'No mosquito stands a chance against Rosco P. Coltrane."