RIP Turk from "Enos"

It has been reported that Samuel E. Wright has just passed away. He was Enos's police partner in the TV series Enos. Unfortunately, Enos never came out on DVD so only us folks who were lucky enough to see the series when it originally aired know what a great duo Enos and Turk were. I didn't know this but he was also the voice of Sebastian on The Little Mermaid. He was 74 and will be missed.

10 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

It's good to have you back home TXZ045. If you want to use your old screen name I bet Hoss could help you out. He claims the amazing things he does on a computer are just technology but I suspect it is really magic. 'Round here we call him the Wizzard of Hazzard. 

It's beyond my privileges, Roger, I think only MeadowMufn can do that.

I don't think 'Enos' was ever shown over here, and I've only ever seen a few grainy clip on YouTube, so I didn't put two and two together when I saw an article titled Samuel E Wright: Tributes paid to actor who voiced crab in The Little Mermaid a couple of days ago. It doesn't mention 'Enos', but as well as voicing Sebastian, Samuel apparently had a very successful stage career including playing Mufasa in the original Broadway production of 'The Lion King' and was part of the original Broadway cast of 'Jesus Christ Superstar' in 1971.

Speaking about his part in 'The Little Mermaid' in Entertainment Weekly in 1991, Samuel says "Sebastian has given me what I've always wanted as an actor, and that's immortality. As far as I'm concerned, that's why I'm in the business. I want the whole world to love me, remember me forever." RIP. Samuel.

On 5/26/2021 at 3:08 AM, Hobie Hartkins said:

How did he die?

The article says his death came "after a three-year battle with prostate cancer".