The Best Quality DVD Release of the Series?

Hello.

I've been after a DVD set of the show, but I'd like to know if any of y'all have made picture quality comparisons between all the ones available?

Far as I know, there's the "Original Set" with the Confederate Flag, and then two repackaged releases (Standard DVD cases and a newer with two fat cases containing all discs), released in the U.S. Now, in the U.K., there were the individual DVD seasons and a complete boxset (repackage of the individual seasons).

There might be more in the world, although the best ones are likely the U.S. due to being in NTSC format and running at the correct framerate.

P.S. Yes, Amazon does have the series beautifully remastered in HD, but there's a problem: The show has been cropped to 16:9 aspect ratio and the intended aspect ratio is 4:3 AR.

Thanks.

Edited by Philip_Duke

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know which one is the best but I seen a new box set at Walmart this morning. Redesigned outer cardboard box with two more boxes containing the discs. Had Bo, Daisy and Luke on the front from original Season 3 DVD release photos. The General Lee was photoshopped behind them but barely visible. I guess if that's what it takes to keep the series for sale in stores so new generations can enjoy it then so be it. 

• 2 weeks later...