Child's Play franchise

Skipper Duke

12 hours ago, Spike said:

The "re-make" was pretty good. I seen the first one when I was a kid, I never wanted a talking anything toy after seeing that :lol:

Cousin Spike I know that's right! ;) One thing I don't understand is, is how could Charles Lee Ray be killed in Chicago but the corpse was buried in New Jersey?

Karen:Throws Chucky into the fireplace. Gets the fireplace net locked back into place, trapping Chucky. She manages to knock the container of matches down off the mantle. She gets one, and has Andy come help her. "Andy help me!" Andy picks up a match, lights it to toss into the fireplace to torch Chucky and put an end to the horrific doll/and evil serial killer spirit Charles Lee Ray that is within the doll. Chucky:"Andy no! Please! We're friends to the end remember?" Andy:(savagely)"This is the end, friend!"(Throws match in, sets Chucky on fire.)

Child's Play fans... It took Chucky 29 years 1980-2017 to get back into a human body again. But he did it, in the newest most recent installment of the series Cult of Chucky(2017). He put his soul into a former victim Nica. Btw a tidbit of trivia... Nica is played by Brad(Chucky)Dourif's real life daughter Fiona Dourif. Nica is the daughter of a woman who was pregnant with her when Chucky stabbed the mother to death in Child's Play(1988). But not before she managed to call the cops, and put Detective Mike Norris(Chris Sarandon)aka Mikey on Chucky's trail. Chucky felt betrayed so killed Nica's mother then fled the scene with partner getaway driver Eddie Caputo. Norris ordered his partner in the Patrol car to chase Caputo, while Norris chased Charles Lee Ray aka Chucky. Norris manages to shoot Ray in the leg, then after the foot chase, gets the drop on him in the doll factory where he shoots Ray in the chest(the fatal shot)that killed him but not before he did the "Damballa" chant to put soul into the nearest body he could find, that of a Good Guy doll toy. Nica became crippled when Chucky stabbed her mother to death while he was still in his human body. That is why Nica is in a wheelchair in Cult of Chucky(2017)the series 7th installment to date thus far.

I'm not into horror movies, so to me, Brad Dourif is Billy in 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest'. Fiona Dourif played the pretty scary Bart Curlish in 'Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency' a few years ago. Maybe that's how she got this part.

Warning: The video below contains violence!

17 hours ago, HossC said:

I'm not into horror movies, so to me, Brad Dourif is Billy in 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest'. Fiona Dourif played the pretty scary Bart Curlish in 'Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency' a few years ago. Maybe that's how she got this part.

Warning: The video below contains violence!

Cousin HossC... I've only seen him in the Chucky movie series. He will always be Chucky to me.

15 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I'm not into horror movies either. I do like scarey movies that have monsters in them but not movies where people are hurting other people. I just saw "The Cabin in the Woods". That was good. So was "The Village". Cabin had monsters but Village didn't. 

The ending of The Village just made the film a waste of time in my opinion. It's because of that movie I'm wary of watching any other films by Shyamalan. The ones he did before that were great. 

I love ghost story movies myself. The Conjuring and Annabelle ones are great. I guess growing up in a haunted house made me a fan of the genre. I'll never forget the look on my then girlfriend's, now wife, face when the one rocking chair slid across the floor on it's own. Had to explain to her it was just the friendly child ghost just goofing off. 

Sorry to get off topic...

Seeing a rocking chair do that would be awesome. Any other cool stories about that house? The end of The Village is why I liked it so much so we couldn't disagree more. It certainly wasn't an ending for everybody. You either loved it or hated it...no in between. The Cabin in the Woods is the same way. I also like Johnny Depp's Dracula movie but I'll usually only watch movies like that for Halloween. I can't think of the name. 

I just thought of this. When you saw the rocking chair slide did you go into the basement to check for silver thieves?

Edited by RogerDuke

On 5/25/2021 at 10:55 AM, RogerDuke said:

Seeing a rocking chair do that would be awesome. Any other cool stories about that house? The end of The Village is why I liked it so much so we couldn't disagree more. It certainly wasn't an ending for everybody. You either loved it or hated it...no in between. The Cabin in the Woods is the same way. I also like Johnny Depp's Dracula movie but I'll usually only watch movies like that for Halloween. I can't think of the name. 

I just thought of this. When you saw the rocking chair slide did you go into the basement to check for silver thieves?

Well on the 100th year anniversary of the house my grandparents owned was built this digital clock they had lit up 1889 one day in 1989. It never kept time right after that either.

For my grandmother's last Christmas I was tasked with putting Christmas decorations and the tree up. After getting everything I needed out of the attic I shut the door. It didn't stay shut. I even jammed a chair under the door handle after it 3rd or 4th time it opened. Next thing I hear is the chair feet dragging across the floor. I walk back into the dining room where the attic door was and the chair was moved away from the door and the door was opened again. I went up there with a flashlight and checked to make sure no one was up there and of course there wasn't so I said out loud "stop opening the attic door" it didn't open anymore after that. My grandma told me story's about a kid ghost she thought was living there. I wonder if the new owners of that house have any interesting ghost story's.

• 3 weeks later...

Chucky is coming to small screen in new Chucky TV Series starring Brad Dourif(Chucky) & Jennifer Tilly(Tiffany) filming started and Season 1 is set to air on Syfy & USA Network this Fall 2021.

It will get more into his backstory. Plus an 8th movie is in the works too.

Currently the movies are:
1. Child's Play
2. Child's Play 2
3. Child's Play 3
4. Curse of Chucky
5. Bride of Chucky
6. Seed of Chucky
7. Cult of Chucky

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...