Saying Good-bye

Tonight on the Dukes. The Dukes Lose Uncle Jesse. How will they handle the loss.

Uncle Jesse was looking at some Pictures of Luke,Daisy and Bo.Then he Started to look at some pictures of Lukes wedding. He Married a sweet girl . Her name is Kathleen Spencer. He once told Luke that he thought that he would never settle down and get married. He was glad he was wronge. Boy he missed the kids, He knew if he called anyone of them they would be back here in Hazzard in a heart beat. Then he started to get Sharp Pains in his chest. He picked up the phone and called 911. But then everything went black.

IN CHICAGO, Kathy was getting out of bed so she could take a shower Then head to the hospital. Kathy is a doctor. When Luke pulled her back on the bed and said why don't you play hookie and stay in bed with me. Oh Baby you don't know how tempting that is But The cheif of Staff will have my hide. Kathy Said. Luke Started to Kiss her. Then the Phone rang. Luke stopped what he was doing and he said Don't go any where. Then he picked up the phone and said Hello. Oh Hi Luke This Is Rosco I have some bad news your Uncle Jesse is in the hospital. He had a heatattick and the doctor don't expect him to last long. So you need to get here as soon as you can.Rosco Said. Ok Rosco. We will Thanks. Luke said as he put the phone down. Then he sat down on the bed and he didn't say anything Kathy walked over to him and said Baby, You ok? Luke looked up at Kathy with a teir in his eyes and said Uncle Jesse is in the Hospital. And they don't expect him to live long. I need to call Daisy in California and Bo in Flordia. Luke called Daisy and Bo and they both said see you at the hospital. Kathy called the Hospital where she worked and told them she won't be in she had a family emerency. Luke called the firestation and told the cheif the he wouldn't be in cause he had a family emerency. Kathy Started to pack their close. While Luke called the airlines and got two plain tickest. Then he called Cooter and Asked Cooter if he would have the General Lee waiting for them . Cooter said that he would. and Luke Said thanks Crazy C.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hous latter Luke and Kathy's plane landed in Alanta Georgia They got off the plane and got their suitcases and headed out to the parking lot and there was the General Lee waiting for them.Luke put the suitcasesand put them in the trunk. and they got in the General and headed to Tri-county Hospital in Capital City.

At the Hospital. Luke and Kathy walked up to the nurse's Desk and Luke said. Excuse Me you have my Uncle here his name is Jesse Duke. The Nurse looked at him and said. Yes we do but the doctor wants to talk to you before you see your Uncle.

The Doctor walked out of Uncle Jesse's room and he walked over to Kathy and Luke and he asked them to come to the waiting room so they could talk. They sat down and the Doctor said I'am Dr. Richardson, and I have some sad news for you Your Uncle Jesse is dying. But he is still hanging in there. and I just want to prepare you before you go in and see him he is hooked up to a heart monter and a res uator to help him breath.Do you have any questions? Dr richardson Said.

• 2 weeks later...

Luke just stared at Uncle Jesse with tears in his eyes he tried to hold back the tears :( then he said " Uncle..... Jesse it's me...... Luke i ...i ..um breath i need for you to wake up please ", i don't want to lose you but Luke couldn't hold it back anymore he started sobbing away :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: Then Kathleen came and put her arm around him she said " Shh , Shh, it's okay honey i know how much he meant to you :cry::cry::cry: then Luke lifted his head up off her shoulder and he said with tear red eyes " What am I gonna tell Bo i ..... , I...... don't think i can be brave enough to tell him i'll crack like an eggshell. ", Then he started again then Kathleen said " I know honey and I'll be right their with you when you tell them Bo probably will wanna cry too but just relax and let all out.

After Luke got done crying Uncle Jesse opened his eyes for a short while he said " Who is am i hearing crying is that you Luke " ? , Then Luke said " I don't want you to die Uncle Jesse :cry::cry::cry::cry::( and please tell me i'm dreaming uncle Jesse i don't wanna have to tell Bo , Daisy this please i'm gonna miss you ".

Luke looked up and said Bo we need to talk and then they walked out. and Kathy Said Luke you want me with you and Luke said Yes. So They all walked to the family waiting room. Bo Looked at Luke and said Ok Coz what's going on? Bo I have some bad News Uncle Jesse is ding. the doctor said he;s on bowarred time right now. Luke Said . Luke no you hurd wronge he ain't ding.Bo Said. Luke walked to Bo and said Ididn't hear wronge.

CUE ANYONE

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: " I didn't hear wrong Bo ", Luke said with tear filled eyes then Bo said " Cuz you had to have cause i know Uncle Jesse he ain't gonna die he can't ...... i... i... i'll miss him too much Luke he can't then Bo started :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: tearing up then Bo wrapped his arms around Luke he said " Oh Lord Luke what are we gonna do i'm scared " , Luke said with tear red eyes " I.... i... i'm scared too Bo i ..... i don't know how this happened i thought he was in perfect health unless was sick and didn't tell us ".

Then the boys both cried again hugged each other Kathy just looked and stared at them thinking "what a wreck these boys will be if he does die Luke probably will be so brokenhearted he won't wanna work anymore",

but they both can help each other through this i hope they'll be okay if he does die i hate to see Luke in so much pain right now ". Then a few minutes later the boys parted and went back into Uncle Jesse's room and being emotionally drained they fell asleep by Uncle Jesse's bed as they was sleeping they was hoping that this was only a dream but unfortunetly this was reality and poor Bo and Luke is gonna be brokenhearted Dukes for sure i hate to see them like this .

Cue DukesRule2000

Kathy walked`out of the room.and went outside to get some fresh air. When she seen a car pull up/Daisy got out of the passanger side of the car and Enos got out of the driver's side. Daisy ran to Kathy and said How's Uncle Jesse? Kathy looked at Daisy with a teir in her eyes and said not good. and you better get in there. Ok, Are you coming? Daisy Said. Ya, I'am coming. Luke will need me Kathy Said. Then the Girls along with Enos went in to the hospital and into the room.

Luke looked up and saw Daisy.He got up and walked towards her and said Daisy we are losing Uncle Jesse. and I don't know what we are going to do with out him. Luke Said. Daisy huged him. Then they hurd Uncle Jesse call to them.So they all walked to him. Now Luke you are the oldest and it's your job to take care of the Family and to keep them out of trouble. Uncle Jesse Said. Uncle Jesse you will be here to do that yourself. Luke said. Now Boy, we all know that I won't be. Uncle Jesse said. Luke , Bo,Daisy ,And Kathy started to cry. and they all said We love you Uncle Jesse. Uncle Jesse looked at them and said I love you and then Uncle Jesse closed his eyes.and then his hand fell from Luke's Hand. Then the michaines started to go off.Dr Richards ran into the room. and shur the michains offand he looked at Luke ,Kathy,Bo, Daisy,and Enos and said I'am sorry he's gone.

Kathy went to lLuke and held him. and they all cried..

(CUE ANYONE)

Their was no dry eye in the room Bo and Luke was hystrical they couldn't stop to save their lives and Kathy looked at Luke thinking that her husband is gonna be needing alot of TLC and O'l Luke sure is in a tight bind since Uncle Jesse left him in charge of the whole family he has no idea how he is gonna handle it all but he luckily has Bo their with him so he ain't totally alone but his heart is broken in pieces but fortunetly Kathy is their to pick them up.

Then She turned to Luke and said " Honey it will be okay you'll make it through this your heart wil heal in time okay Baby ", but Luke just couldn't stop he tried but the tears kept coming :cry::cry::cry: " I don't know what to do baby i'm scared......... out of my wits..... and i.. i.... :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: I'm afraid i'll let him down i don't think i can do it all by myself and Bo lives all the way in Florida he ain't gonna be with me", then Kathy turned to him and said " You'll have me , Bo , and Daisy i was thinking we could have them over at the house on accont you and Bo need each other right now more then ever both of you can help each other through this hard time ", then Luke said " Yeah i guess we can that means alot to me that Bo will be their cause ..... i .... i .. really need a laugh right now he is always good for one of them .

A few hours later Bo finally got under control he walked over to Luke who was still some what Crying he said " Cuz what is we gonna..... do i .. , i... don't know if i race anymore it won't feel the same then Luke turned to Bo said " I don't know if i can put fires out anymore since Uncle Jesse's gone whenever i'll see a person die in one of the fires i would think of Jesse.

Then the boys decided to go out and get some fresh air and talk about the Funeral arrangements.

Cue DukesRule2000

The Boys Walked outside. Bo Saw the General Lee and said Boy it's good to see him again. and he sat on the hood. Then Kathy ,Daisy and Enos Walked out. Kathy walked up to Luke And he put his arm around her waist. Then he said Why don;t we all go back to the farm and talk about the arrangemntes for Uncle Jesse. Luke Said, So Luke,Kathy, and Bo got in the General Lee (Bo Driving) Daisy and Enos got in their car and they headed for the Farm.

(CUE ANYONE)

At the Farm.... Bo shut down the General Lee and they all got out. and they all Just stood by the Genral Lee looking at the house. Man it seems strange to come home and not have Uncle Jesse come out that door to meet us. Bo Said. I know Bo. Luke Said.Then they all went into the house. Luke took his and Kathy's suitcases up stairs. when he came back down the stairs he saw Bo and Daisy And Kathy looking at pictures that was in an old shoe box.

And um..... it was pictures of Luke and Bo when they was babies and some other pictures of Bo , Luke , and Daisy when they was little kids Bo teased Luke about the picture that was showing him being born he is crying , small, and peaceful then Bo said " Luke you look like a little angel asleep in this photo", Luke said " Thanks Cuz i was a nice baby i didn't cause Uncle Jesse any trouble ".

Bo and Daisy both laughed after that comment Luke said then just when Bo was about to close the box a few envelopes fell out Luke said " Um i wonder what these are Luke picks them up sees that they are letters and he opens the one addressed to him he starts getting tears in his eyes because he remembers that day coming to Uncle Jesse's as a little baby he can see Uncle Jesse picking him up and tickling him making him giggle he just laughed and few tears fell out his heart is broken but in time it will heal.

Daisy and Bo took the letters and they started to read them. Bo finished reading his letter and said Man Uncle Jesse is taking care of us even now. Ya Bo I agree with you Daisy Said With a teir in her eye. Then Luke Noticed another letter but this letter was different. Luke picked it up and then Luke said a Letter and it's from my mother and it's dated 3 months before she and dad dies.

So Luke Starts to read the letter.

Dear Jesse and Leventa

Thank you for agreeong to be come Luke's Garden. Now I have some

thing to tell you.. Frank Just told me that he had an affair and that

there is another Duke out there some where. We will start looking

for the child as soon as we get back from our trip. Well gotta Go

Luke is cring.

Love always.

Rose and Frank.

Luke put the letter back in the envolope. and put it iback in the box. and Quilty went up to his and Kathy's bedroom. Kathy followed him.

(CUE ANYONE)

Back to the Reference in the letter.

Dear Frank,

I am going to my move out by my folks in California with our son Michael, I have finace that will very understanding and in the last letter that I had sent him I had told him about our son the trouble with your wife. My fiance said that he will raise Michael has is own son and that he will think about adopting him as his son if that is okay. There is a release form that you will have to sign enclosed that will terminate your parents rights to Michael and if you can sign and mail it back to me than your wife will never have to know about again. That way me and Michael can leave Hazzerd, Georgia without anybody in the Duke family every knowing about our affair and I can keep it quiet for as long as possible and just slip out of here and out of your life. You Frank, Michael is a very quiet baby and just take everything in and very observant of things going on I hope that someday he won't have to know that his real father was Frank Duke from Hazzerd and from that certain infamous Duke family. You he has the cutest Gree-Blue eyes I have ever seen and that my finace has green-blue eyes as well. Well I guess this good-bye from me and I'll take to you later. Is there anyway you can tell Rosco thanks for helping leave the county without asking to many questions about the baby, and he so proud of the baby he insisted on me taking a picture of him holding the baby. I just hope that Micheal doesn't think that he is real father, I have a picture of you and me and Michael that I will show to him when he is old enough to understand the truth about the whole story.

Juliana

Cue Anybody

Bo put the letter down after he read it. Then he said wow Luke has another brother out there some where. We need to tell Luke Daisy said. Ya we will but not right now. Bo Said.

MeanWhile upstairs in Luke and Kathy's room. Kathy walked up to Luke and said. Baby are you ok? Kath, I'am fine I just have to let this sink in is all. and to know that I have a brother or sisther out there some where.

Luke , Kathy , Bo , and Daisy was feeling like the sun wasn't shining today is Uncle Jesse's funeral it is a sad day in Hazzard.

So Bo and Luke make a long sad drive to the Hazzard Cementary they are gonna be crying their hearts out though today and Luke has frown on his face that is a mile long , then Luke says with tears rolling down his face " I'm really gonna miss him cuz i didn't want this day to come why didn't he tell us ", Then Bo said " Well Luke i wish i had answer for you but i..... i...... i .... know how you is feelin' cause i'm going through the same pain but Luke we have each other and Daisy ".

Then the boys and Daisy had arrived at the Furneral sadly Daisy's eyes was red from crying she ain't alone cause O'l Bo and Luke is feeling the same way then they began the sad task of burying Uncle Jesse saying their goodbyes then Bo , Luke , and Daisy hugged together they was sobbing away but little does Luke know that the cat is out of the bag.

Back at the farm...... they parked the cars and went int to the house and when they got there they got a big surprise. Judd,Coy,Vance and Jeb was there and they all hugged them. then they all had a little Lunch and then their friends went home and that just left the Dukes Bo Looked at Luke and said Coz Daisy and I have something to show you. and Bo walked over to the Soe box and got the letter out that he had found and he handed it to Luke and Luke read the Letter and when he was finishe he said No, this Can't be Happing Then he Told Kathy Judd,Coy ,Vance,and Jeb what was going on.and then Judd said well big brother we need to fine our brother Michael.

Somewhere in California

Michael is driving his Charger around, and he just enjoying the drive and going down the freeway and here's the Waylon and Willie song "Mama's don't babies grow-up to be Cowboys" and saying this is what Country music is meant to be not this modern music they have on now. Just then the deejay says that Waylon and Jessi Colter's boy Shooter have a cd coming out called "Put the O Back in Country" and he is thinking to himself and says that goes on the list, along with the new Dierks Bentley and Gretchen Wilson cd as well. Michael has this two pictures with him and it says on the back of the one Frank Duke(Michael's real Dad) and that he lives in Hazzerd County as well. The Next is of some dark haired Sheriff holding him, and it says on the back of it Sheriff Rosco P. Coltranie ( Michael Godfather and my older brother back in Hazzerd County). Michael after looking at these pictures says to his wife Layla that him and her and kids have to go Hazzerd County, Georgia and that his Godfather and Father is there and he has to go and see if he has anymore family there.

Cue anybody.

BACK IN HAZZARD..

Luke was saying good-bye to Daisy ,Bo,Coy,and Vance. are you sure you are going to be all right cousin. Bo Said. Ya Bo I will be fine I have Kath and Judd.Luke said as he gave Bo a hug. then he watched Bo get into the car and pull out. then Luke went back into the house. and he went into the livering room and sat down on the couch next to Kathy. Well bro when are we going to start looking for our Brother Michael. Judd Said. Luke took the letter that michale's mother wrote to their father and he read it again. and then he looked up at Judd with a smile on his face and said as soon as we talk to Rosco.

In Town Rosco was getting ready for Lunch When Luke Kathy and Judd walked in the door .

Rosco looked up and he said now what do you Dukes want?I though you left buy now. No Rosco we have buness her .we need to talk to you about something. Luke Said. I'm not instered in anything you Dukes have to say. Rosco Said. Rosco about 24 years ago you helped a women with a newborn baby boy leave Hazzard. and I want to know why. Luke Said. Boy I don't know what you are talking about go back to Chicago we don't need you in Hazzard.Rosco Said. as he startd to walk away. Rosco that Baby was my half Brother and I need to find him please Rosco . Luke said. Rosco stopped and then he looked at Luke and said Sorry Luke I' can't help you. Then he turned and walked out the door. Luke Said Can't it more like you won't. Then he he hit the cornor of Rosco's desk with his fist. Kathy Walked up to him and said Sweetheart we will find him we will get the answers we need someone in Hazzard must know something. . Kath, Rosco knows , I know he knows he Just ain't telling.

Out side the Courthouse.... Rosco got in his car . and he though could it be True his sister had an affair with Frank Duke and her baby was Franks Son. then he took out a picture of him and a baby out of his wallet. could that boy be a Duke his own nephew. Then he started up his car and went to lunch.

Rosco had the funeral card for his nephew "Michael Arthur Long" and it had said on it born January 9, 1959 and died August 8, 1983. He had tried to calm his sister when she had said at the funeral for her son that wasn't her son in her casket but he didn't pay no attention at just thought his sister was upset about his death. But he reminder her that he had been busy with police department and that he was undercover for a while and that he might have changed in the time since she had scene him and that it was all in her head.

Luke asking him about this now about brought back memories and he took a look at the picture once again and wondered could his nephew be Frank Duke's son and was he really dead after all. Oh wait a minute that the main character on "Knight Rider" that was Flash's favorite show and she was just fascinated with that ding danged talking car. Come to think of it was a good show as well, I liked but that car was quick I wish I had Kitt back in the day. I definetly would have caught the General Lee and the Dukes boys, I just wished that the car would have a woman's voice to it. I kind of wish that he was my nephew that boy would be right in my eyes and that he kind of looks my me anyways. Allthough I always did have a hard time deciding between April and Bonnie , on who was cuter between them. Juilana married that Joseph Szenger guy in California she sure did like him, even Mama thought that he was a better guy than

Boss. But I never picked favorites and I wonder what Michael Frank Szenger is doing today that reminds me I think I should go and call and maybe explains to him tonight. Besides Juliana never told him about his real daddy and he should know after all. Lulu always knew the truth about Michael but never told anybody about him in this little county here. She always could keep a pretty good secret now that I think about now, I wonder what Michael is going to think when he finds that picture of him and his parents. He sure is going to have some questions now and there maybe he should come out here and finally learn the truth about his family here after all.

Cue anybody.

Michael Frank Szenger got home to his wife and daughter and took a look at a envelope that his Uncle Rosco had sent to him and he opened it up and it had said after reading this letter call me.

Later in the evening Michael is calls his Uncle Rosco up and he ask what that true what you wrote in that letter. About my father now being my father after all and what was that thing me my real Dad's name being "Frank Duke" and that I have two brothers by the name of Luca K. Duke and Judd Duke. Uncle this can't be true and would you want me to come out to Hazzerd to talk to you about this all thing. By the way how is Aunt Lulu doing and how is "Velvet Ears" doing there, she always was so cute by very protective. Man, I miss Grandma Coltrane you know Uncle Rosco she was so sweet to me. You would have thought that I was her only grandson from the ways she spoiled me.

Rosco says just to point out something Michael, you was her only grandchild. What did you say there I thought that I had some cousins on the Coltrane side somewhere out there.

cue Anybody