Hazzard Square model of a model

Mark B / Scooter Davenport

This is the beginning of a larger project- basically a model of a model.  This is to figure out if this scale is good for the eventual project to see if its big enough, etc., but its fun to see Hazzard Square in 3 dimensions even in this monotone form!   To answer the inevitable question, its made from printed designes mounted to foam core and assembled with hot glue.

(cat inserted for scale)

No photo description available.Image may contain: table and indoor

Image may contain: table and indoor

2 hours ago, HossC said:

Even at this early stage, the model's looking great. Keep us posted with updates. It looks like it's a smaller scale compared to your model of Cooter's.

Much appreciated!

Yes, this is half the scale of my garage and Boar's Nest models.  Those were 1/2"=1' (1/24 in the familiar model kit scale).  This mockup is 1/4"=1' (1/48 in model kit scale).

M

2 minutes ago, HossC said:

I see that you can get a few Hazzard vehicles in 1:43 scale. Do you think they'd fit in?

Yes indeed- part of the plan!  I'm willing to fudge the numbers a little on vehicles.  If they have to be out of scale, I'd prefer slightly larger anyway.

M

13 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I'm in awe. This is truly amazing! I can't reveal who February's fan of the month is going to be but he has a black cat that reminds me of the Sphinx looking over Egypt. 

Well, that let's me out...lol. Besides being the Fan of the Month for January, I haven't had an African American cat since I was a child. ( I'm white...I can't say the " B" word!  :D  :lol: )

Edited by Hobie Harkins

3 minutes ago, RogerDuke said:

My wife and I just watched the Eddie Murphy movie  Norbert and this church is in it.....along with other buildings on the Hazzard set. What does the sign say by the front steps? I tried to enlarge it but couldn't tell. 

The sign in front of the church in Hazzard County says, " The Hazzard Gospel Church"

On 1/30/2021 at 11:47 AM, Mark B / Scooter Davenport said:

This is the beginning of a larger project- basically a model of a model.  This is to figure out if this scale is good for the eventual project to see if its big enough, etc., but its fun to see Hazzard Square in 3 dimensions even in this monotone form!   To answer the inevitable question, its made from printed designes mounted to foam core and assembled with hot glue.

(cat inserted for scale)

No photo description available.Image may contain: table and indoor

Image may contain: table and indoor

My cat would have sat on the buildings :lol:. She's always "helping" me if I'm working on a project in the house. 

I look forward to seeing the completed Hazzard.