Here's Some More Drama For You!

Hobie Hartkins

I read that last night and laughed. Told the wife it's a good thing I didn't stream my races because I sweared like a sailor :lol:

If I was a publicist for these up and coming drivers I'd give them one piece of advice...While online or in public act like you would in church because everyone has a camera in their pockets or are recording everything online you do to scrutinize it.

These young drivers have grown up with the internet and social media, but still don't seem to see the consequences of their actions. In December, just after he'd signed on as a 2021 driver for the Haas F1 team, 21-year-old Nikita Mazepin was condemned for posting a video showing him groping a female friend. Story here.

4 hours ago, Spike said:

...While online or in public act like you would in church because everyone has a camera in their pockets or are recording everything online you do to scrutinize it.

Most kids don't care that everything they do is on camera. Many of them actually like it. I've talked to a lot of kids about this and they all say the same thing. "As long as you're not doing anything illegal why would you worry that the whole world watches and hears everything you do?" I guess that makes sense since they are being brought up in a politically correct world where they are trained to only say things that are approved by the government. In a few more years humans will have no imagination and no ability to think for themselves. There is nothing to stop this trend because kids are addicted to technology.

21 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Most kids don't care that everything they do is on camera. Many of them actually like it. I've talked to a lot of kids about this and they all say the same thing. "As long as you're not doing anything illegal why would you worry that the whole world watches and hears everything you do?" I guess that makes sense since they are being brought up in a politically correct world where they are trained to only say things that are approved by the government. In a few more years humans will have no imagination and no ability to think for themselves. There is nothing to stop this trend because kids are addicted to technology.

Some people just have the need to be famous and want to go 'viral' no matter what behavior it's for. After we got the Ring doorbell camera the troublemaker we were dealing with next door seemed to relish in being recorded by it. 9 out of 10 times when he'd come outside he'd make it a point to get within the sensor range to set it off and do the goofiest crap. Even other neighbors noticed it and asked us if it caught him doing this or that. I don't know, maybe he expected us to post the videos online so he could be famous.