HossC....2020 Fan of the Year

RogerDuke

Last I knew I was still in charge of this section so until MM fires me or throws me in the HazzardNet jail I'm going to violate the rules and give credit to a moderator, even though moderators aren't eligible. Hoss has been around this place for well over a decade and has logged in over 5,500 posts. It doesn't matter that none of them made any sense, that's a lot of posts. But it's not the time or posts that make Hoss special. It's the fact that he has the heart of a Duke. The majority of Hoss's posts show you the kind of person he is. Not only does he help people, he goes out of his way to help people. Not only does he go out of his way helping people, he goes out of his way looking for people who he can go out of his way to help. He may not be from the South but he is truly a Sonny Shroyer kind of person who treats everybody with love, respect and dignity and for that we give him our love and respect. We appreciate all you do Hoss. You are truly a cornerstone of the foundation of the greatest website on the internet.....and I'm just kidding about none of your posts making sense. I think I saw one in 2011 and another one in 2015. Oh yea, another thing about Hoss. He has a great sense of humor....um, I mean, humour. CONGRATULATIONS HOSS on being selected the 2020 Fan of the Year!

Edited by RogerDuke

CONGRATULATIONS HossC for being elected the 2020 fan of the year!

He was extremely nice and shared some art work for a Dukes project with me a few years ago.  I haven't gotten to it yet but eventually will.  As Roger said above he is a true Sonny Shroyer kind of person.

Edited by Boss JD Hogg

So, 2020 wasn't such a bad year after all! Thank you so much, Roger, I really wasn't expecting anything like this. The reason I've hung around so long is the company. I think you were the first to befriend me soon after I joined, and through HNet I've made many other friends around the world since then. There have also been some quiet times here over the years, but it's great to see the place buzzing again and still attracting new members.

15 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Hoss has been around this place for well over a decade and has logged in over 5,500 posts. It doesn't matter that none of them made any sense...

Sorry for confusing you by posting in English, Roger! I try to write in 'Merican when I can, but you guys use the wrong words for so many things, like hood and trunk when you mean bonnet and boot, and some day you'll learn to put the other "i" in aluminium ;).

To make up for all those missing "i" s in aluminum I'm going to spend all of 2021 spelling it ailiiumiiniim. To be honest Hoss, when I said they didn't make any sense I wasn't even thinking about the issues with different spelling. I was using opposition humor because you are so smart and make so much sense....(I'm not even sure if "opposition humor" is even a real term.....I just mean the style of humor where you call a tall person "shorty") Does that explanation make any sense? LOL 

7 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I was using opposition humor because you are so smart and make so much sense....(I'm not even sure if "opposition humor" is even a real term.....I just mean the style of humor where you call a tall person "shorty") Does that explanation make any sense?

In that case, I guess I should say "Oh, you're funny, Roger". ;)

I just mean the style of humor where you call a tall person "shorty") Does that explanation make any sense? LOL .....

That's how I am. I went to school with this guy that must've been 6' 8" and I called him " Shorty" ( I'm 5'5"- 5' 6") and to this day I still don't remember his real name!

Edited by Hobie Harkins

On 1/4/2021 at 7:13 PM, HossC said:

I try to write in 'Merican when I can...

I was watching an old episode of 'Wheeler Dealers' the other day, and they were working on a Jeep. Edd, the mechanic, ordered parts from the US, and said that they came with an instructional DVD, but he couldn't watch it because it was the wrong format. He then added that it also came with a printed manual, but that was in American, although he should be OK as he's pretty good with languages!

Note that this was an early episode, and long before they moved the show to California.