Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Garth Brooks, Tim McGraw, Johnny Paycheck fans

Skipper Duke

My favorites are.... Charlie Daniels, Hank Jr, Loretta Lynn, Waylon, Hank Sr, Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash, Johnny Horton. As far as non-country I like Elvis and Sade. I can do a good Louis Armstrong impersonation....."Hello Dolly, well, hello Dolly, it's so nice to have you back where you belong..," Did that sound like him to you folks? 

52 minutes ago, RogerDuke said:

My favorites are.... Charlie Daniels, Hank Jr, Loretta Lynn, Waylon, Hank Sr, Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash, Johnny Horton. As far as non-country I like Elvis and Sade. I can do a good Louis Armstrong impersonation....."Hello Dolly, well, hello Dolly, it's so nice to have you back where you belong..," Did that sound like him to you folks? 

Pretty good! :)

1 hour ago, RogerDuke said:

I can do a good Louis Armstrong impersonation.

If you can do 'We Have All The Time In The World' I'll be impressed. I think that's my favorite song of his.

BTW. Since I read that you liked Sade (I think you've mentioned it before), I've had 'Smooth Operator' and 'Your Love is King' stuck in my head!

On 12/23/2020 at 5:43 PM, HossC said:

If you can do 'We Have All The Time In The World' I'll be impressed. I think that's my favorite song of his.

BTW. Since I read that you liked Sade (I think you've mentioned it before), I've had 'Smooth Operator' and 'Your Love is King' stuck in my head!

How appropriate since some of the lyrics from "Your love is King" are "Every day is Christmas and every night is New Year's Eve". 

1 hour ago, RogerDuke said:

How appropriate since some of the lyrics from "Your love is King" are "Every day is Christmas and every night is New Year's Eve". 

I didn't remember that line, so I googled it. It's actually from 'The Sweetest Taboo' - a song that I know less well, but still not a bad way to start Christmas morning given the quality of the music and the highly appropriate lyric. Looking at the release date, it came out the the same year as the final series of Dukes. Enjoy...