Bo Duke...What Do YOU Think He Was Like?

IMO Bo Duke was, in one word, immature. He was smart, brave, and cute and all that, but was also very young. Luke was the more mature of the two, which is why they worked out so well together. But I think a lot of us love it that Bo would jump into things head first without thinking as we'd probably do the same thing.

They made a good team, as well as being a whole lot of fun to watch, just *because* there was that dichotomy between them. The serious one and the joker, the mature one and the teenager, the cautious one and the impetuous personality. So different, and yet so very fond of each other, both with their special qualities. They both need each other, really; you can't rightly take one without the other. Luke watches over Bo and tries to keep him out of trouble, and Bo is always there to brighten up Luke's day.

<smile>

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I've always had a thing for pretty boys, despite their personalities. He's a good driver *Cough* Bull-s*it *Cough* He is a little immature when it comes to women, but in a serious situation he acts rather mature. Besides, I think he's made out to be the little cousin. He's supposed to seem lots younger than Luke. (It's a tactic to make him cuter)

~She-Wolf

DixieRose_00 wrote:

I think Bo was the kind of guy a lot of girls would want as a boyfriend. Bo was a little naive and sure he jumped into things headfirst but he was always willing to help get someone out of trouble or to keep someone fro getting in trouble. He was also overprotective of his family and the people he cared for.

I think the same thing! He was over protective but that was a good thing! LOL!!! :D:D:D

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
DixieRose_00 wrote:
I think Bo was the kind of guy a lot of girls would want as a boyfriend. Bo was a little naive and sure he jumped into things headfirst but he was always willing to help get someone out of trouble or to keep someone fro getting in trouble. He was also overprotective of his family and the people he cared for.

I think the same thing! He was over protective but that was a good thing! LOL!!! :D:D:D

Yep, I agree. :D

• 1 month later...

Bo is immature at times, but as you watch the series from beginning to end, you see him grow up a little more as time goes on and things happen that makes him realize just how much growing up he has to do. Instances of that are when Luke or Jesse or Daisy gets hurt and you see him begging them to wake up or if he has a fight with Luke and he comes to realize just how stupid he was being.

He was cute and he knew it, and he used to to his advantage in any situation which did get him into a lot of trouble. He definatly looks up to Luke a lot, always eager to please him and make him proud. I think it hurts Bo a lot when they fight, even if he is the one to start it.

But he is definatly a family guy, who doesn't shy away from responsibilty and is always hell bent on making sure those he loves are protected and safe. I think at first glance, a parent would be worried yes about their daughter dating him, but as they got to know him and see the ideals and priorities he has, I think they would feel more comfortable.

Just my opinion of course.

Bo is immature at times, but as you watch the series from beginning to end, you see him grow up a little more as time goes on and things happen that makes him realize just how much growing up he has to do. Instances of that are when Luke or Jesse or Daisy gets hurt and you see him begging them to wake up or if he has a fight with Luke and he comes to realize just how stupid he was being.

He was cute and he knew it, and he used to to his advantage in any situation which did get him into a lot of trouble. He definatly looks up to Luke a lot, always eager to please him and make him proud. I think it hurts Bo a lot when they fight, even if he is the one to start it.

But he is definatly a family guy, who doesn't shy away from responsibilty and is always hell bent on making sure those he loves are protected and safe. I think at first glance, a parent would be worried yes about their daughter dating him, but as they got to know him and see the ideals and priorities he has, I think they would feel more comfortable.

Just my opinion of course.

Thank-you. well said. I totally agree.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I noticed change in him between the earlier episodes and the later ones. In the earlier ones he was a little more...chauvanistic. And that kind of bugged me. Especially the mechanic episode. But I noticed he and Luke weren't so bad about it later in the series.

Immature, definatly. But my take was that he was brave, but that type of bravery that's a fine line between stupid and brave. Luke's only his cousin but Bo'd be willing to die for him. Same could be said for Luke. Although, Bo needs to reacess his priorities when it comes to women...

~She-Wolf

• 1 month later...