Covid-19 vaccine

RogerDuke

Since I had it in July I should be immune for awhile.....although they don't really know how long. The paranoid side of me would be a little concerned about possible long term side effects because new vaccines are always tested long term but this one won't because of all the pressure Big Pharma and politicians are facing. I have also heard that the movie "I am Legend" is something that is not all that unreasonable. 

• 1 month later...

I hope you don't mind but I thought I'd divert the covid talk on the Christmas thread to here. I did see the airline travel restrictions but didn't hear about the new covid strand that is fast moving. Is this just an England thing or is it in other parts of Europe? I wonder if the new vaccines will be ineffective against it. 

:previous:

The new strain is most prevalent in London and the south-east of England, but has spread to other parts of Britain as well as a few other countries in limited amounts. It's up to 70% more transmissible, but is said to be no more deadly and they don't think it will react differently to the vaccine.

As I said in the other thread, several countries have banned flights to/from the UK. Ireland is only allowing freight to be carried on ferries to/from the UK, and France has suspended all trade links for 48 hours.