Happy Hazzard Halloween!

MonacoMan

Belated Happy Halloween, MonacoMan. Painting "01" on a pumpkin is such a simple idea, but I'm not sure if I've seen it before.

With the country where I live in the middle of its second lockdown, Halloween was really a non-event this year (it's not as big as in US in the first place). I did see a few kids dressed up in Halloween costumes while I was in town yesterday, and several houses where I live have decorations up, but that was about it. I bet there'll be a lot of unsold merchandise in the stores that are closed.

16 hours ago, HossC said:

16 hours ago, HossC said:

Belated Happy Halloween, MonacoMan. Painting "01" on a pumpkin is such a simple idea, but I'm not sure if I've seen it before.

Me neither. I just love this picture! Thanks for posting it MMan. We went another year without getting a single trick or treater. We just live too far out in the sticks I guess. Our grandkids spent the night Friday so we did give some candy away. 

17 hours ago, HossC said:

With the country where I live in the middle of its second lockdown, Halloween was really a non-event this year (it's not as big as in US in the first place). I did see a few kids dressed up in Halloween costumes while I was in town yesterday, and several houses where I live have decorations up, but that was about it. I bet there'll be a lot of unsold merchandise in the stores that are closed.

It wasn’t as big of an event this year as it usually is...some areas still had trick-or-treaters but no where near as many as usual. I liked the idea of the 01 on the pumpkin, too...kinda cool! :D

27 minutes ago, RogerDuke said:
17 hours ago, HossC said:

Me neither. I just love this picture! Thanks for posting it MMan. We went another year without getting a single trick or treater. We just live too far out in the sticks I guess. Our grandkids spent the night Friday so we did give some candy away. 

No problem—I loved the pic & had to share it! I helped take my nieces & nephew around to trick-or-treat at a few houses...but they were people we knew & agreed to have some kids come by. 

I love Halloween and Christmas. They both make me feel like I'm a kid again. Especially when it comes to watching stuff on TV. I have a DVD of The Great Pumpkin, Scooby-Doo stuff and Ernest Scared Stupid and watch them every year. I DVR stuff every year too from tame stuff like Halloweentown to a little scarier like Johnny Depp's Sleepy Hollow. Last night was nice because it has been cloudy for a week but we had a clear sky for the Hslloween Full Moon. 

October and Fall in general is 'Dukes' season to me for some reason.  I think its because that's typically the time of year we would venture up to the Smokey Mountains area, which means trips to Cooter's and just being in the deep south region ('Hazzard country').  The last few years working for Ben Jones at all the Cooter's stores this time of year has just added to that feeling!

M

On 11/1/2020 at 9:25 PM, RogerDuke said:

I love Halloween and Christmas. They both make me feel like I'm a kid again. Especially when it comes to watching stuff on TV. I have a DVD of The Great Pumpkin, Scooby-Doo stuff and Ernest Scared Stupid and watch them every year. I DVR stuff every year too from tame stuff like Halloweentown to a little scarier like Johnny Depp's Sleepy Hollow. Last night was nice because it has been cloudy for a week but we had a clear sky for the Hslloween Full Moon. 

I love Halloween and Christmas, too! I also love and have the 1999 film Sleepy Hollow, with Johnny Depp & Christina Ricci—superb movie! I watch it every October! 

Edited by MonacoMan

I met a famous person on Halloween back in 1989 and I can describe him . He wears a dirty brown hat He is horribly burned  He wears rezors on his right hand and usually wears a red and green sweater all the time.   I usually  would watch the movie George Romero made back in 1968 but the 30th anniversary edition and shows you were the cemetery zombie came from.

4 hours ago, msmontecarlo said:

I met a famous person on Halloween back in 1989 and I can describe him . He wears a dirty brown hat He is horribly burned  He wears rezors on his right hand and usually wears a red and green sweater all the time.   I usually  would watch the movie George Romero made back in 1968 but the 30th anniversary edition and shows you were the cemetery zombie came from.

It was good to hear from you msmontecarlo. Am I correct in guessing that Halloween is your favorite holiday?

4 hours ago, msmontecarlo said:

In Night of the Living Dead, I always assumed the cemetery zombie towards the beginning was just one that had popped out of his grave & was part of the beginning of the whole “zombie apocalypse”. So...where did he/it come from?  

• 4 weeks later...