Have you ever met someone who is famous?

Eddiemunster

So far, I have met three "famous" people in my life, as I can immediately recall. Only one of the three are DOH related:

James Best (When I was about 5 or 6 years old)

"Doctor Dirty" John Valby (At one of his concerts, while buying one of his CD's)

Zora Arkus Duntov (The "Father" of the Chevrolet Corvette.)

I'm just wondering if anyone has met anyone famous? Or not so famous?

Well, my *roommate*'s met a number of people, but the ones she talks about are Steven Curtis Chapman and Cece Winans. She actually worked with them on a local film here in Tulsa...

But me... only one that I know of, John Schneider. He used to live a few miles from where I do, and I saw him in town a few times - and saw his General a couple times too! That was *really* neat...

Maybe I should name that car as a second "famous person", lol. There's a sense about it, certainly. Tell me, have you ever heard a Dixie horn in real life? There's a pitch quality to it that the TV audio just doesn't catch... <smiling to myself, eyes distant in memory> Almost high, and resonating... that song just *rings* across our narrow valley, echoes almost. I think that was my favorite "famous" encounter of all even though it was the most distant - watching the General run free and fast up the highway half a mile away and hearing him whistle Dixie.

Mostly music people... Got pics with most of them too.

1. Zakk Wylde - saw a show by him and got to hang with him after the show.

2. Dan Baird(Georgia Satellites singer) - same thing as Zakk

3. Artimus Pyle( Original drummer of Lynyrd Skynyrd) - Took my daughter to see him and he treated us so well after the show.

4. Tony Stewart - At a World Of Outlaws race in PA. He was just an average guy talking shop. Very cool.

Numerous racecar drivers , Richard Petty and alot of sprint car drivers...

Darrell

I didn't get to, but one of my students met Cooter at the autoshow in Kansas City and got an autographed picture for me.

We got to see three of the Monkees at a concert several years ago, but didn't get to meet them. We've also seen Michael W. Smith in concert and Amanda saw Audio Adrenaline in concert and the lead singer signed her hat.

That's about it.

I've met alot of local Australian celebrities, but the major international ones I've met were the boys from Warrant! If anyone knows the Australian Rugby Union team, Ben Tune used to be in my classes at school and I used to work Daniel Bradshaw from the Brisbane Lions AFL team; I also went to school with Neil Diamonds' partner. :evil:

well i was at A Day in the Country music festival we have here, he was one of the headliners along with lone star. they let about 100 people go back to see him (after the two whole songs he sang). then we stood in linefor 30mins and then with his late entrance he was grumbling and complaining cause he had to see the fans and sign autographs. then before he met everyone he bailed out... that is a dick

Well, this isn't Duke related, but last fall I did meet six country singers: Bill Anderson, Kitty Wells, Jean Shepard, George Hamilton IV, Johnny Wright, and Bobby Wright. I got to talk to each of them after the show and got their autographs, in fact, they talked to every member of the audience and signed autographs. Keep in mind, where I live in Canada, we don't get a whole lot of stars, so it's a treat seeing these people in person.

I've had the honor of meeting several members of the original Dukes cast, like many of y'all. But the most famous person I ever met outside of the Dukes world, was Sam Walton, the founder of Wal-Mart.

This is goin' back a number of years. I was wandering around a new Wal-Mart store, carrying a huge bag of cat food in one arm, when this old dude in a suit and a Wal-Mart cap, stops me in an aisle. He takes note of the fact that I'm not using a cart, and that I seem to have found the single bargain I was after in the entire store. He says to me, "You must have a big ole' cat."

For the life of me, I didn't know what the heck to think. Then he says, "I'm Sam Walton. Thank you for shopping at my store." He gave me a handshake and a smile, and then walked off with his entourage. He was there for the grand opening, and seemed to be having the time of his life in the process.

I'm not here to give a commerical for the place, but ol' Sam left an impression on me.

Brian

Several years ago I met the honor of meeting the author Stephen King. And didn't even know it!

I was working with a hotel at the time and told, under penalty of losing our jobs, we were not to acknowlege his presence in the hotel or ask for autographs for fear of a media flood. I had never seen a picture of him before.

Now having said that, I was serving coffee and chatted with a very pleasant, shorter man for a couple of minutes before returning to the desk. Where the manager pulled me over and asked "Do you have any idea who you were talking to?"

Funny thing, you think Stephen King and his books, you would imagine a more imposing figure that a 5'4" darkhaired looking man with glasses. But as he was leaving, he stopped at the desk and said. "Thanks"

I still don't know if it was for not blowing his cover...or for the coffee.

Pendragon

I remember talking with someone a few years ago who said his friend was in a night club with his girlfriend, when Kirk Hammett (Lead guitarist for Metallica) started "hitting up" with this guy's girlfriend. At first, this guy was quite angry, but was pretty amazed that his favorite guitar player has the same taste in women as him!!! :lol:

Last summer I met Jeffrey Shaara at a book signing here in Gettysburg. He is most well known for writing the book 'Gods and Generals' which was made into the movie that hit theaters a couple years ago. His father, Michael Shaara wrote the Pulitzer-Prize winning Novel 'The Killer Angels' which was made into the major motion picture 'Gettysburg'.

This is going to sound stupid but....do politicians count?? ROFL

I've met various govenors, senators, waved to one President (Reagan), shook hands with another (Clinton) and figured I was destined to someday rule the world.

BAHAHAHHAHAA!!

Oh, ahem, scuze me, momentary relapse there.... :)

I haven't really sat down and talked to anyone famous, but I met a few Duke stars at Dukefest last year (Ben Jones, Jerry Rushing, Sonny Shroyer, James Best, and Rick Hurst) They all were very welcoming and happy to be there and to take time out with the fans. Cathrine Bach was there too, but her line was too long...LOL.

I have also been on stage with Billy Ray Cyrus :)

-Garrett Duke-

• 9 months later...

The only stars that I have met were from Star Trek. I have seen at conventions in NYC, Bill Shatner talk, along with Lt. Uhura, (having a serious brain fart on her real name right now). She is a beautiful woman by the way. I have met and shook hands with George Taki before he was to go in to the main convention room and give his talk. My mom (I was in either JH or HS at the time) and I went out to use the rest room. When we go back to the room we see George Taki standing with a newspaper under his arm waiting to go in. My mother totally embarrassed me by going up to him and saying something along the lines of "Strange to meet you here." He was really a nice man. Later that day I got his autograph.

I've meet lots of pro atheltes and a few other people, trying to think of who.....

Norm Cutherbutherson -Chuckwagon Driver

Karen Lee Gardner- Canadian Olympic Ski racer, we saw her in the grocery store all the time.

Thereon Fluery-NHL Hockey player

Thomas Grandi-Cdn World cup ski racer- Didn't know it at the time, again in a grocery store.

Davey Boy Smith The British Bulldog- We saw him at Bragg Creek a tiny little town, and I went to high school with his kids!

The Road Hammers! - Jason McCoy, Clayton Bellamy, and Chris Bryne

Adam Gregory- the country singer.

And my dad was in a few episodes of the TV show Viper, just thought I'd throw that in for fun.

But unfourtunatly I've never meet any Dukes stars. Although John Schneider was in Lake Louise this weekend, which is a ski hill a few hours away, but I couldn't go cause I was on a ski course!

Well lets see my list is very extensive.I've met tons of celebs. Duke related I've met all the regular castmembers a number of times except Tom and of course Sorrell and Denver. I'm very close with Ben as he used my General at a carshow. All cast except Guy Williams from Lost in Space. All the guys that have been Michael Myers in Halloween movies. All but Peter Criss from KISS,Quiet Riot,Dee Snyder,Linda Blair,Jason from Friday the 13th,Frank Gorshin,Stella Stevens,Gil Gerard,Gary Busey,David Carradine,Mini Me, Cousin It,R2-D2,Chewbacca,Dirk Benedict,Richard Hatch,Tracy Lords,Julie Newmar,Jonathan Frakes,Marina Sirtis,Erin Gray,Lee Meriweather.Lou Ferrigno,Whew I'm sure I missed a few and some you probably wouldn't know who they were.