Favorite Dukes of Hazzard Quotes

• 2 weeks later...

(Season 1 High Octane)

Rosco Coltrane:"I'm tellin' you Enos. Somewhere up in those hills, Jesse Duke is cookin' moonshine. And double crossin' his own partner." Enos Strate:"Well, who's his own partner?" Rosco Coltrane:"Boss Hogg, that's who." Enos Strate:"You reckon Jesse knows that?" Rosco Coltrane:"Enos, of course he knows it! Whenever I double cross somebody, I know who I'm double crossin'." Enos Strate:"No sir, I mean, does Jesse know him and Boss are partners?" Rosco Coltrane:"Well, you don't double cross strangers." Enos Strate:"Well, how is Jesse double crossin' Boss?" Rosco Coltrane:"By not tellin' him where the still is!" Enos Strate:"He probably won't never neither." Rosco Coltrane:"Well, it don't make no difference anyway. What we're gonna do, is let old Jesse Duke up there, make all that moonshine, bottle it, fetch it down here, and then, we're gonna grab him! Guess who!?"

Boss Hogg:"I just know he's gonna break his treaty with the government, and mix up a batch. And why?" Rosco Coltrane:"Why?" Boss Hogg:"Because he's a patriot. He wants to help his country find a substitute for fossil fuels." Rosco starts to ask Boss Hogg a question. Boss Hogg:"What is it? And don't ask me, what kind of fuels do fossils run on." Rosco Coltrane:"No. What I wanna ask you is, who he is?" Boss Hogg:"He?" Rosco Coltrane:"Yeah." Boss Hogg:"Who's he?" Rosco Coltrane:"Well now, you said He will break his treaty with the government." Boss Hogg:"And he will too! I don't mind him helpin' his country. Trouble is, it's the royals! I know he'll hog 'em to himself." Rosco Coltrane:"Probly." Boss Hogg:"I want those royals!" Rosco Coltrane:"Oooh, you want the royals!" Boss Hogg:"Right! That's it! Now git outta here, let me think." Rosco leaves. Rosco Coltrane:"What's royal? Who is he? And what kind of fuel do fossils run on?" Boss Hogg:"He's doin'! He's firin' up that still! Just what I was sayin'!"

• 2 weeks later...

Someone just posted in a Facebook group forum of Dukes. "What is your favorite Uncle Jesse quote? I'll start." "I ain't your Uncle Jesse!" I commented "Careful with your post. Some things he THE character said might go AGAINST standards and get you the brig." Brig= Facebook Jail if it's something Facebook doesn't agree with.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

(From the soundtrack CD)

Rosco:"Flash you an' me will just hide here in the patrol car behind this billboard sign, an' ambush the General Lee on the way to the race. Kew kew! Oooh oooh there, there they go! Move over Flash! Will you move over, so I can drive!? Oooh itjit, they're gettin' away! Where's that dipstick deputy of mine? Oooh ijit, git git gooh!"

On 5/18/2022 at 5:09 AM, Skipper Duke said:

(From the soundtrack CD)

Rosco:"Flash you an' me will just hide here in the patrol car behind this billboard sign, an' ambush the General Lee on the way to the race. Kew kew! Oooh oooh there, there they go! Move over Flash! Will you move over, so I can drive!? Oooh itjit, they're gettin' away! Where's that dipstick deputy of mine? Oooh ijit, git git gooh!"

I love that soundtrack! 

(Season 3 "The Late J. D. Hogg")

Daisy Duke:"Boss Hogg! You stole my Uncle Jesse's farm. Well, your day of reckoning is coming, an' yer just gonna have to answer fer everything that you've done here! Oh an' you know what, I hope you got plenty of fire insurance, cuz yer gonna need it where yer goin'!"

Rosco:"Ooh that's naughty naughty. Who would say anything so terrible to a man in yer condition?"

Boss Hogg:"Rosco, I'm not worried about what she said. I'm worried about what St. Peter's gonna say when I start knockin' on them pearly gates.

Rosco:"Boss, you don't have to worry what he's gonna say 'cause you'll be goin' the other direction. Oooh what I mean is-"

Boss Hogg:"I know what you meant, just like I know what she meant!"

Edited by Skipper Duke
Messed up a line

(Season 4 Shine On Hazzard Moon)

Rosco:"If yer listenin' you Duke Boys, I'm terribly sorry about the mistake I made. Must've been two other fellas I was lookin' for! Kew kew!" Bo Duke:"Huh. That ain't like Rosco. It ain't like him to let us off the hook, an' when he's wrong." Luke Duke:"The only explanation is him an' Boss got somethin' more pressing." Bo Duke:"What could be more pressing than us?"

(Season 1 High Octane)
Boss Hogg:"He's doin' it! He's firin' up that still! Just what I was sayin'!"Rosco:"I knew it! The minute I saw them Dukes buyin' that Copper tubing, I said to myself "Rosco, they're makin' moonshine again! Well, this time, I'm gonna get 'em. Yer gonna be proud of me." Boss Hogg:"You will not, I repeat, not arrest them Dukes while they're makin' their moonshine!" Rosco:"When you say "Not" you mean no?" Boss Hogg:"I mean no! They are to be left alone, until they go to transport it. Then move in!" Rosco:"Ooh! An' then I'll get 'em!"(Gestures arresting self with handcuffs.) Boss Hogg:"You get them, an' I get the shine!" Rosco:"Boss, what's so special about Jesse Duke's moonshine?" Boss Hogg:"He makes the only whiskey in the world, you could measure in octanes!"

(Season 1 High Octane)

Boss Hogg:"Rosco!" Rosco:"What?" Boss Hogg:"Jack ass! Why didn't you arrest 'em?" Rosco:"Well, you heard what they said "It's not illegal to make whiskey" Boss." Boss Hogg:"I'm not talkin' makin'! I'm talkin' transportin'!" Rosco:"How do they do that?" Boss Hogg:" Peabrain! Jesse Duke run his car down here on it!" Rosco:"He never!?" Boss Hogg:"Yeah! Now he's drivin' off on more of it! Come on, let's get him!"