Favorite Dukes of Hazzard Quotes

(Season 7 Cool Hands Luke & Bo)

Boss Jefferson Davis Hogg:"Hold it! Don't step over that line!" Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane:"You think it's a trap?" Boss Jefferson Davis Hogg:"I don't know. But I know I ain't about to set foot in Osage County! But there don't seem to be nobody around." Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane:"You know Boss. I was just thinkin', if I tippy toe over there an' grab the Duke boys-" Boss Jefferson Davis Hogg:"Then I wouldn't have to give up these here 'shine contracts! Yeah. But we gotta do it quick." Boss Jefferson Davis Hogg:"Come on Bo!" Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane:(grabbing Bo trying to pull him out of the General Lee. His arm comes off.)  "That's a dummy!" Boss Jefferson Davis Hogg:"Yeah! And so are we!"

(Season 1 Luke's Love Story)

Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane:"Cooter! Gimme that! Where you been!?" Cooter Davenport:"Well, I just wanted to make a big entry. Besides, I had to get that off of Boss Hogg's mantle piece." Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane:"Will you git that messy piece of junk outta here before it starts drippin' oil all over the place!?" Cooter Davenport:"Awe! Don't worry about it Rosco. It's house broke!" Bo Duke:"Cooter, that ain't no way to treat yer bike!" Cooter Davenport:"Huh!? Oh. It wasn't mine!"

(Season 2 R. I. P. Henry Flatt)

Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane:"Is that-? It couldn't be. But it is! That's a coffin! Enos, this is Rosco! That's a coffin!" Deputy Enos Strate:"That's a coffin! Sheriff, remember that APB we got about that body snatchin' case in Capital City?" Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane:"Yeah! An' we're gonna snatch the body that snatched the body! Enos, do you know what one casket said to the other casket? He said "Was that you coffin!"

(Season 1 Repo Men)

Luke Duke & Cooter Davenport driving in the Rolls Royce. Cooter Davenport:"Hey Luke?" Luke Duke:"Yeah?" Cooter Davenport:"Whatcha think ol' Burt Reynolds would do at a time like this?" Luke Duke:"Well, I ain't sure. But I know he'd be doin' it with somebody a lot prettier than you." Cooter Davenport:"Awe." Cooter Davenport:"Hey Luke?" Luke Duke:"Yeah!?" Cooter Davenport:"If you can't make this thing go any faster than this, you mind if I just jump out, an' run ahead!?" Luke Duke:"Funny!"

(Season 2 Ghost of the General Lee)

Luke Duke:"Who died!?" Uncle Jesse Duke"You've got the nerve to ask me who died!? Get to that barn you two! After all you two put me thru, I oughta take a switch to both of ya-" Bo Duke:"Uncle Jesse what are ya-?" Uncle Jesse Duke:"Just get in there! Now then! Alright you two! Explain to me why yer alive praise the Lord, instead of dead and drowned no thanks to Rosco!"

5 hours ago, Skipper Duke said:

(Season 2 Ghost of the General Lee)

Luke Duke:"Who died!?" Uncle Jesse Duke"You've got the nerve to ask me who died!? Get to that barn you two! After all you two put me thru, I oughta take a switch to both of ya-" Bo Duke:"Uncle Jesse what are ya-?" Uncle Jesse Duke:"Just get in there! Now then! Alright you two! Explain to me why yer alive praise the Lord, instead of dead and drowned no thanks to Rosco!"

That was a rough episode to watch.....seeing everybody thinking the boys had passed on to Hazzard Heaven. 

1 hour ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

It showed some really good acting skills from Denver and Jimmy. Them and Sorrel were the only 3 REAL actors on the show!

Actors? There were no actors. Hazzard County is real. The Dukes of Hazzard was television's first reality show. No other reality show after that was any good.....except Duck Dynasty and even that was no where's near as good as DOH 

Edited by RogerDuke

:previous:

Despite Boss having a driver since 'One Armed Bandits', this is the first time he's named.

Shortly after this line, Boss is standing in front of a sign advertising the "Hazzard County Fair Mon Oct 30 - Sat Nov 11". Those days/dates line up to a 1978 calendar, nearly a year before this episode aired, but I suppose that makes more sense than setting it a couple of weeks in the future.

On 1/17/2022 at 2:23 PM, HossC said:

:previous:

Despite Boss having a driver since 'One Armed Bandits', this is the first time he's named.

Shortly after this line, Boss is standing in front of a sign advertising the "Hazzard County Fair Mon Oct 30 - Sat Nov 11". Those days/dates line up to a 1978 calendar, nearly a year before this episode aired, but I suppose that makes more sense than setting it a couple of weeks in the future.

How in the world did you catch that Hoss? Impressive! 

(Season 4 Coltrane vs Duke)

Waylon Jennings:"Old Sheriff Little has rigged an extra hundred horses under the hood, just fer times like this." Sheriff Little:"Pull over!" Waylon Jennings:"You know, by the time them boys get to the trial, the farm's gonna be gone, an' that brewery's gonna be sellin' beer on TV." Sheriff cuts off the General Lee, and drives off the bridge. Waylon Jennings:"Course, havin' extra horses don't mean no whole lot, unless you know how to drive." Sheriff Little:"I'm gonna get you!"(Makes fist, and waves it at Bo and Luke.)Luke Duke:"He don't look to pleased."  Bo Duke:"I wouldn't be either. He's to big to be that mad." Luke Duke:"Let's get outta here!"

(Season 7 Happy Birthday, General Lee)

Bo Duke:"Oh great! The dang bridge is washed out!" Rick:"We got 'em now!" Luke Duke:"Why ain't you slowin' down!? We're gonna crash!" Bo Duke:"Well, wish me luck!" Luke Duke:"Bo!" Waylon Jennings:"Y'all are lookin' at a historic moment in Hazzard County. The first jump ever made by General Lee."

(Season 2 Duke of Duke)

Luke Duke:"Well mercy me. Looks like that city slicker wants a race." Bo Duke:"Well now. We can't disappoint him can we? Hey I'll take it easy on him." Luke Duke:"Alright." Bo Duke honks the "Dixie" horn. City slicker grins changes into a faster gear, takes off. Bo and Luke are stunned that their Charger is left in the dust. Bo Duke:(Turns to Luke Duke)"Um. Well, I just hope we don't run into him at that race on Sunday." Luke Duke:(Turns to Bo Duke)"You can't hardly run into somethin' you can't catch up to."

Edited by Skipper Duke