Dukes of Hazzard Reunion #3 The Reading of the Will

I have an idea for a 3rd Reunion movie. Before Rosco died, he could've made out a will leaving Enos or Cletus Boss Hogg's empire upon his death. Enos can be the Sheriff/Boss/Commissioner now, with Cletus as Deputy. Or have Cletus Sheriff/Boss/Commissioner with Enos as Deputy. Bo, Luke and Daisy can be married with little Dukes of their own who have grown up and come to Hazzard to help the Dukes, Enos, Cletus, Cooter etc. to stop Hughie Hogg from taking over Hazzard County. Hughie got word from his goons about Uncle Boss and Rosco being dead, so he returns to try to take over as Sheriff/Boss/Commissioner.

Edited by Skipper Duke

I thought the two reunion shows were terrible. I could be wrong but it just seemed like they were written by writers who were simply writing for a paycheck and weren't real fans of the show. I think it would ppssible to make a reunion show or even new series and make it work. When I saw how successful bringing back Dallas was I believe it could be done with Dukes if they could get stars back from the original like they did with Dallas. The problem with that would be if one of them passed away like Larry Hagman. That would be tough on Dukes fans. I would rather see it left like it was after season 7. Everybody is still alive and every day is a happy ending. Still, with my help as a senior consultant a new series could work. ....if it stuck to the spirit of the original. 

2 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I thought the two reunion shows were terrible. I could be wrong but it just seemed like they were written by writers who were simply writing for a paycheck and weren't real fans of the show. I think it would ppssible to make a reunion show or even new series and make it work. When I saw how successful bringing back Dallas was I believe it could be done with Dukes if they could get stars back from the original like they did with Dallas. The problem with that would be if one of them passed away like Larry Hagman. That would be tough on Dukes fans. I would rather see it left like it was after season 7. Everybody is still alive and every day is a happy ending. Still, with my help as a senior consultant a new series could work. ....if it stuck to the spirit of the original. 

Cousin Roger do ya like my idea?

6 hours ago, Skipper Duke said:

Cousin Roger do ya like my idea?

Your idea is a good one Skipper. It would be a fun change of pace to have a County Commissioner who is nice and honest. It would take getting used to but would be nice. The key to making it work would be getting the new younger Dukes to have the same appeal as the ones did from 40 years ago. If they could pull that off they'd have a winner. Of course another challenge would be the flag. While I would love a return to the Confederate Flag, corporations who advertise on commercials would not permit it. Would Hazzard fans accept an American flag on the orange 1969 Charger? Some would and some would not. I'd be pretty mad that the Confederate flag was taken off but two good things would happen. Number one is that the American flag is something to be proud of as well. Number two is that the Dukes tradition would start up for another generation of fans. Sure, there are young kids today who are Dukes fans because their parents and grandparents handed the tradition down to them but a new Dukes television series would open up the world again to the Dukes Hazzard. Still, the loss of Southern fans who are loyal to the Confederate Flag would be troubling. Despite the wider appeal of the show, Southerners were the heart and sole of the original fan base and have already had too much of their culture taken away. It would be interesting to poll them and see how they would feel. 

Edited by RogerDuke

7 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Your idea is a good one Skipper. It would be a fun change of pace to have a County Commissioner who is nice and honest. It would take getting used to but would be nice. The key to making it work would be getting the new younger Dukes to have the same appeal as the ones did from 40 years ago. If they could pull that off they'd have a winner. Of course another challenge would be the flag. While I would love a return to the Confederate Flag, corporations who advertise on commercials would not permit it. Would Hazzard fans accept an American flag on the orange 1969 Charger? Some would and some would not. I'd be pretty mad that the Confederate flag was taken off but two good things would happen. Number one is that the American flag is something to be proud of as well. Number two is that the Dukes tradition would start up for another generation of fans. Sure, there are young kids today who are Dukes fans because their parents and grandparents handed the tradition down to them but a new Dukes television series would open up the world again to the Dukes Hazzard. Still, the loss of Southern fans who are loyal to the Confederate Flag would be troubling. Despite the wider appeal of the show, Southerners were the heart and sole of the original fan base and have already had too much of their culture taken away. It would be interesting to poll them and see how they would feel. 

Cousin Roger... Should I start writing a script? ;)