The Andy Griffith Show(1960-1968)

Skipper Duke

(Season 3 Andy and the New Mayor) Andy:"You see Mayor!? If you'd let me run my own office, Jess wouldn't be up there in that tree, an' you wouldn't be up there beside of him, with yer clothes all tore up, an' we wouldn't be down here, with a bear in our backseat! You beat everything, you know that!?"

12 hours ago, Skipper Duke said:

(Season 3 Andy and the New Mayor) Andy: "You see Mayor!? If you'd let me run my own office, Jess wouldn't be up there in that tree, an' you wouldn't be up there beside of him, with yer clothes all tore up, an' we wouldn't be down here, with a bear in our backseat! You beat everything, you know that!?"

I see that the new mayor, Mayor Roy Stoner, was played by Parley Baer. According to IMDb, he played the mayor in seven episodes, which is the same number of times he appeared as Doc Appleby in Dukes.

• 2 weeks later...

(Aunt Bee the Warden) Andy:"Otis? What are you doin'!?"(Seeing Otis cleaning the kitchen floor on his hands and knees.) Otis:"Andy you gotta get me outta here! She's about to work me to death." Andy:"Aunt Bee?" Otis:"Aunt Bee! Bloody Mary!" Andy:"Well, what do you want me to do Otis? Take you back to jail?" Otis:"Yeah. Yeah. Take me back to jail, yeah." Andy:'With the Gordon brothers? They'd kill you." Otis:"Oh no. No I don't want that." Andy:"Well Otis, it's the either the Gordon brothers or this." Otis:(After Andy leaves.)"Oh what a mess I've made of my life!"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

(Season 1 The New Housekeeper)

Opie:"Pa! Aunt Bee! Wait!"

Aunt Bee:"Opie what are you doing out in your pajamas?" Opie:"Don't go Aunt Bee, I don't want you to! I want you to stay!" Andy:"You mean it Opie?" Opie:"Sure!" Andy:"Well, what changed yer mind?" Opie:"Well, is she goes, what'll happen to her? She doesn't know how to do anything! Play ball, catch fish, or hunt frogs! She'll be helpless!" Andy:"Why I guess that's right. If a woman don't know how to do important things like that, why she'd just be lost." Opie:"That's why she's gotta stay! So I can teach 'em to her! Aunt Bee, you need me!"

(Season 1 The Manhunt)

Deputy Barney Fife(At roadblock with little old lady who we learn is his mother.)

Deputy Barney Fife:"I'm sorry mam. Get out of the car. I gotta frisk you to make sure you don't have any weapons on you." Old Lady:"But Barney, I'm your mother!" Deputy Barney Fife:"I'm sorry mam. But us lawmen can't afford to take any chances. You might be the criminal disguised as you."

(Season 3 Andy and the New Mayor) scene

Andy & Barney are in on the roof of the patrol car, and a bear is in the backseat. Jess Morgan & Mayor Stoner are up in a tree. Andy:"You see Mayor!? If you'd let me run my own office, Jess wouldn't be up there in that tree, you wouldn't be up there beside him, with yer clothes all tore up, and we wouldn't be down here with a bear in our backseat! You beat everything! You know that!?"

On 8/10/2021 at 10:59 PM, Skipper Duke said:

(Season 3 The Loaded Goat) Barney:"What's that?" Andy:"Jimmy's rope. He was here alright. What's more, he had lunch here too. Well, Hutch said he'd eat just about anything. Looks like he was right." Barney:"You mean that-" Andy:"Somewhere wanderin' loose around Mayberry is a loaded goat."

That's a hilarious episode, one of my TAGS top 10.