Gilligan's Island(1964-1967)

Skipper Duke

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Natalie Schafer(Mrs. Howell)guest starred on The Love Boat. There's a episode with Bob Denver(Gilligan) too and 1 with Alan Hale Jr.(Skipper). They were not their castaway characters though. There is a episode that guest stars Catherine Bach(Daisy Duke)not as Daisy though and a episode that guest stars Sonny Shroyer(Enos Strate)not as Enos though.

• 4 weeks later...

(Season 1 Little Island, Big Gun)

The Indigo Mob comes looking for Jackson Farrell. They see castaways dressed as natives. Lucky:"Looking for white man! Criminal."(Makes gun and hold up gestures.)"He hold up bank!" Hank:"I guess they don't speak English." Lucky:"Looks to me like they don't speak anything. Get a load of these 2-"(Looking at Gilligan & Skipper.)"It's hard to believe they're human beings!" Lucky:"Well, let's go." They start to leave. Castaways make gibberish noises. Hank:"Oh. So you do talk?" Lucky:(Sees Ginger Hank eyeing each other.)"I think she's tryin' to tell you somethin' Hank." Hank:"I'm tryin' to tell her somethin' too!"(Bites the air.)Lucky:"It's a good thing she can't understand English. She'd slap your face." Ginger(Slaps Hank's face.)Hank:"It must've been the way I said it?" Skipper:(Gibberish chattering.)Mr. Howell:"Moolah moolah moolah!" Hank:"That's funny, I coulda swore I heard him say "Moolah moolah moolah" even the most primitive native tribes must know about money." Lucky:"Maybe he's askin' for a handout." Mr. Howell:"Indeed!" Lucky:"How do you like that? Even the natives are hen-pecked. Let's get out of here!"

• 3 weeks later...

Gilligan's Island fans... I like how Fun World uses shields with stars inside it for the side buttons on their Gilligan's Island Skipper Costume Skipper hat. A refreshing change from the usual anchor buttons. I think it makes sense. My explanation: The stars for being the hat of a star and the the shields for the Skipper shields his passengers from danger.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

(Season 3 The Kidnapper)
Skipper:"The ransom is to be delivered by the one you call the Professor and the skinny one in the sailor hat." Gilligan:"Skinny one in the sailor hat, he must mean me?" Skipper:"Well, he certainly doesn't mean ME!"
Professor:"Come on Gilligan. We better get going." Gilligan:"Do I have to?" Professor:"Well, the ransom note says so." Gilligan:"Ok Professor I'll go with you." Professor:"Gilligan, first we have to go get the money from Mr. Howell!" Gilligan:"Why couldn't it be that big fat one with the captain's hat?" Professor:"Gilligan, that's enough of that!"

Remembering Jim Backus (1913-1989) on his birthday. He was Thurston Howell III on GILLIGAN'S ISLAND, but then again he also voiced MR. MAGOO. He was James Dean's father in REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE. He was one of the all-stars of IT'S A MAD MAD MAD WORLD. He was Joan Davis' husband on I MARRIED JOAN. He appeared in many hundreds of radio, television and film roles.

• 2 weeks later...

(Rescue From Gilligan's Island 1978)Gilligan and Skipper visit Professor at the college where he teaches classes. Skipper:"Wow Professor! You look exhausted!" Professor:"Unfortunately it's not from work. I am constantly interrupted. Women have become so aggressive since we on the island." Skipper:"Ain't that a shame?"

(Rescue From Gilligan's Island 1978) Mary Ann's childhood best friend Cindy visits her before her wedding to Herbert Rucker. Cindy:"Try and pull yourself together. Oh, there's 2 men outside who say they're your old friends." Mary Ann:"But you know all of my old friends." Cindy:"Not these 2. One of 'em, well, so far he's knocked down the bridal bower, the flower arrangements, 2 rows of chairs-" Mary Ann:"Gilligan?" Cindy:"That's his name. And the other one is-"(Circling arms indicating someone overweight.) Mary Ann:"Skipper." Cindy:"Yeah." Mary Ann:"I didn't invite them. I didn't invite anybody from the island. Not to this wedding."

• 1 month later...

(Season 2 Agonized Labor)
(Mr. Howell is serving up Seaweed Soup.)
Skipper:"Would you mind putting some in the bowl Mr. Howell?" Mr. Howell:"Would you like a taste The Moncapitan?"(Gives Skipper a taste from the ladle.) Skipper(Spits it out.):"What is it!?" Mr. Howell:"It's a unique combination of a magnificent cuisine from ze master chef!" Skipper:"Oh never mind all that static Mr. Howell, what is it!?" Mr. Howell:"Seaweed Soup!" Skipper(Silently):"Seaweed Soup!?" Mr. Howell(To Mrs. Howell):"Take the Soup De Jour darling."(Mrs. Howell takes it away.)  Skipper:"Take it as far as you can Mrs. Howell!"

Went out to Mother's Day dinner today with mom, my brother, and some of our mom's friends. Wore my white Broner hat Co. Skipper hat. The Golden Corral steak guy recognized it. The steak chef recognized the hat immediately  He was at his buffet station cooking the steaks, and I got in his line to get one. He said "Gilligan Skipper the steaks are not ready yet." Then he did it again when I went back and it was ready. "Gilligan Skipper which steak you want?" Then I picked it out the well done style. See even if it's not black and even if it has the square patch not hand embroidered it's still recognizable.  Him in his chef uniform I kept expecting "Would you like a taste Moncapitan?" His uniform even if it was all black with no white made me think of that line from Mr. Howell I wore white cuz it's light and the only 1 trust to sunlight. I'm afraid to wear the black ones outside. And I know the sun ruins navy blue ones. Outside I wear the one that I know the sun cannot hurt it.