Gilligan's Island(1964-1967)

Skipper Duke

Funny scene from the 1st episode Sherwood Schwartz's Dusty's Trail/Gilligan's Island in the West. Between the Rich Lady & the Wagonmaster.

Mrs. Brookhaven:"They wouldn't dare shoot a woman! Only a bounder or a cad would entertain such a notion!" Mr. Callahan/Cal:"Mrs. Brookhaven, the Skullners don't care about men, women, children, pets, or anything else." Mrs. Brookhaven:"Come on girls! I think it's time we show them what women can do!"(The girls leave the Saloon. They return with their clothes all tore up.) Mrs. Brookhaven:"There were two bounders and a cad out there!"

Dusty's Trail scene.

Wagonmaster Mr. Callahan/Cal:"How'd you get over here!?" Dusty:"These caves connect!" Wagonmaster Mr. Callahan/Cal:"Well, why didn't you say somethin'!?" Dusty(in mocking voice of Wagonmaster Mr. Callahan/Cal):"Because you said "See that light! See that hole! Maybe we can crawl thru there! Maybe that's a way out!"

Dusty's Trail scene.

Dusty:"You learned a new dance." Mr. Callahan/Cal:"Yeah. So I did."(Starts shooting at Dusty's feet, who starts dancing to avoid the bullets.) Dusty:"What are you shootin' at me for Mr. Callahan?" Mr. Callahan/Cal:"I don't like to dance alone Little Pal. I don't like to dance alone."(To Andy)"And he don't even know I'm shootin' blanks."

On this night 57 years ago.
December 19, 1964.
Gilligan's Island
"Birds Gotta Fly, Fish Gotta Talk"
Season 1, Episode 12

The castaways are upset that it's Christmas Eve and they find themselves still stuck on the island instead of home.  Everyone appears depressed, except for The Skipper who is down at the lagoon looking for firewood but secretly hoping for a miracle.
Suddenly in the clearing Santa Claus appears to the castaways. 
He looks and sounds strangely familiar. 

Santa: Merry, Merry Christmas to you all!

Thurston: Why, thank you, Santa, but would you care to tell us what we have to be merry about?

Santa: Why, certainly, good sir.  Afterall, you might have been lost at sea and never reached this island.  Or you might have hit an island that had no food or water.  Or you might have all been enemies by now instead of the family group that you are, who have learned to get along with each other.

The castaways all nod their heads in agreement.

Santa (continuing):  So remember be of good spirit!  Merry Christmas to all!  Merry Christmas! 

Santa leaves to the right.  At the same moment, The Skipper arrives from the left carrying wood he collected for the fire.  The castaways are dumbfounded as they thought The Skipper had dressed as Santa to cheer them up. With inquisitive looks among them they shake those suspicious thoughts and wish each other a Merry Christmas as jingling sleigh bells can be heard ringing high above the palm trees.
Merry Christmas!

#WooHooChristmas2021
#HereOnGilligansIsle

Skipper:"No, I cannot hammer nice and soft and easy, I have to hammer like THIS!" (bangs his hand, groans in pain) Gilligan:“That was pretty good, Skipper!” Skipper:"Ahhhh!!!! Oh Gilligan. What's the use. Go catch some more fish. I have to go get some more vines to finish this raft anyway." Gilligan:"I'll go catch something big for dinner." Skipper:"You do that!"