Gilligan's Island(1964-1967)

Skipper Duke

What Could Have Been  
Jerry Van Dyke as Gilligan
Jerry Van Dyke was an American comedian and actor and the younger brother of Dick Van Dyke with whom he made his TV acting debut on "The Dick Van Dyke Show." He also played Luther Van Dam on "Coach" from 1989 to 1997.
In 1963, Van Dyke turned down the role of Gilligan on "Gilligan's Island," a role which went instead to Bob Denver on the advice of his agent. He similarly rejected a chance to replace Don Knotts on "The Andy Griffith Show," choosing not to try and replace Knotts in the series. He finally accepted a starring role in the short-lived sitcom, "My Mother, the Car," a role that seemed rife for comedic opportunity, but the series failed to get an audience and went down in history as one of the worst TV shows ever made. Despite the failure, Van Dyke continued to work steadily in supporting television and film roles through most of his career, including another starring role in the short-lived series, "Accidental Family," in 1967.
Jerry Van Dyke did however appear as himself in the docudrama "Surviving Gilligan's Island".  
(Wiki)

Y'all if William's Fun World Gilligan's Island Skipper's hat comes before Theresa's, I should wait for hers to use for Skipper tribute scenes? I don't want her to see the William hat, and hurt her feelings because I found a 2nd source to get it from. If I use his for tribute scenes, she would be crushed.

To a friend who said about Broner Skipper hats "Looks cheap." They are. I have 3. 2 navy 1 white. Broner Hat Co. Est. 1933. I got 'em in 2012 from Mickey's Army Navy Store(R. I. P.)That store is no more. Closed for good in 2012. Got white in 2010 for $9.99 and navy in 2012 for $11.99 but they are durable and hold up well. They're on Amazon, eBay and www.broner.com and www.hatsinthebelfry.com