Question -- Season One (1979)

Jeff Kleb

I recently rented the first DVD of the first season. Nice drive down memory lane, as I saw the original show when I was a freshman in high school. :-?

Anyway, there was en episode where Unlce Jesse fired up his old still - so that he could make some moonshine for a non-fossil fuel contest held by the government. A very pretty, dark-haired female FBI agent (revenuer) was a guest-star in that episode, and I thought she looked familiar.

Is she the same lady who plays Dr. Melfi on HBO's "The Sopranos" every week? I know many years have gone by, but the voice and the eyes are quite similar. Am I right about this, or am I just a confused old man? :oops:

Thanks to any of you who can figure out who that mystery lady was.

:D

Thanks for both of the replies. Wow! Now that was fast......even for Hazzard County. Ah, Lorraine Bracco......I remember seeing that during the credits on The Sopranos. Maybe I should have looked for her name at the end of the Dukes episode. Doh!

Well, I know I have seen Ms. Watkins elsewhere......I just can't place where it might have been (and I never watched Remington Steele when it was on). Quite a hottie, huh? I figured that she could have passed for a younger Lorraine Bracco with darker hair. :p

Take care now!

Hello, Jeff!

On the Dukes, Carlene Watkins is my favorite "girl guest-star".

I've seen Carlene Watkins occasionly appear on Home Improvement as Linda, one of Jill Taylor's sisters.

[ Off topic, but Home Improvement also frequently had on Mickey Jones (Cooter's cousin B.B. Davenport) as Pete, one of " the guys from K & B Construction "

and also featured (sigh!) Tom Wopat in two episodes as Ian, the Granite Guy. ]