Dukes Trivia

4 hours ago, HossC said:

If you want a Moonrunners connection, Arthur Hunnicutt appeared in a 1960 episode of The Andy Griffith Show. He was Uncle Jesse Hagg in Moonrunners.

Arthur Hunnicutt is one of the greatest actors who ever lived. Along with his western movies. He had a great role in Bonanza. The episode is called "Any friend of Walter's" Him and Hoss Cartwright hunker down in his cabin against some outlaws

6 hours ago, Skipper Duke said:

Moonrunner-01... I'm looking for a Dukes role-playing and fanfiction writing partner. You interested?

Sure that sounds interesting. I've thought of a few ideas on how Bo and Luke could have been originally arrested to be put on probation

Edited by MoonRunner-01

7 hours ago, Skipper Duke said:

MoonRunner-01... My favorite shows are The Dukes of Hazzard, Gilligan's Island and The Andy Griffith Show. What are your other favorites outside of Dukes?

Favorite shows outside of The Dukes are, in no particular order

"Older TV Shows"

1. Andy Griffith Show

2. Gunsmoke

3. Bonanza

4. Hee Haw

5. The Beverly Hillbillies

"Newer TV Shows"

1. Moonshiners

2. Mountain Monsters

3. Expedition Unknown

4. Appalachian Outlaws

5. River Monsters

2 hours ago, MoonRunner-01 said:

"Older TV Shows"

1. Andy Griffith Show

2. Gunsmoke

3. Bonanza

4. Hee Haw

"Newer TV Shows"

1. Moonshiners

2. Mountain Monsters

3. Expedition Unknown

4. Appalachian Outlaws

5. River Monsters

Cool. You love some more old ones. :)

3 hours ago, MoonRunner-01 said:

"Older TV Shows"

1. Andy Griffith Show

2. Gunsmoke

3. Bonanza

4. Hee Haw

"Newer TV Shows"

1. Moonshiners

2. Mountain Monsters

3. Expedition Unknown

4. Appalachian Outlaws

5. River Monsters

What about Barney Miller? Mash? 

4 hours ago, Skipper Duke said:

Wow. Can I work on them with you? :)

10-4 Good Buddy. "To make a long story short" the basis is "Summer of 1977. The reason for that date is even though the dukes originally premiered in January 1979, it started filming in 1978. And in the pilot episode Waylon says the boys got caught last year. Which would be 1977 in my story haha. Boss and Uncle Jesse are still good friends but fading. Boss gets a huge contract deal to sell some shine to some high end buyers. But they are contemplating on going with Jesse because he makes the better shine. They only decided to go through Boss first because of familiarity. Boss devices a plan to make Jesse no longer the competition. Even if it means bad blood between them because "money is thicker than blood" Rosco has been defeated of his pension. And after 20 years as an honest lawman. He turns sides and teams up with Boss to get a cut of the shine profits. Since Rosco is alot smarter in the Georgia episodes than later seasons. He decides to place surveillance on Bo and Luke. And since he knows the boys aren't going to lead him directly to the still site. He has Boss place a  friendly call to one of Jesse's buyers to set up a deal and sell him shine at a lower rate than Jesse. Knowing that the buyer is gonna contact Jesse to let him know Boss is wanting to sell him shine. But it's a trick, to lure Bo and Luke out with shine in hand. So the next morning Rosco places a call to the federal revenue agents to make it a federal case and Rosco and the revenuers follows Jesse's buyer and then it happens. They surround Bo and Luke who are transporting shine and taking them in to custody.

8 minutes ago, MoonRunner-01 said:

10-4 Good Buddy. "To make a long story short" the basis is "Summer of 1977. The reason for that date is even though the dukes originally premiered in January 1979, it started filming in 1978. And in the pilot episode Waylon says the boys got caught last year. Which would be 1977 in my story haha. Boss and Uncle Jesse are still good friends but fading. Boss gets a huge contract deal to sell some shine to some high end buyers. But they are contemplating on going with Jesse because he makes the better shine. They only decided to go through Boss first because of familiarity. Boss devices a plan to make Jesse no longer the competition. Even if it means bad blood between them because "money is thicker than blood" Rosco has been defeated of his pension. And after 20 years as an honest lawman. He turns sides and teams up with Boss to get a cut of the shine profits. Since Rosco is alot smarter in the Georgia episodes than later seasons. He decides to place surveillance on Bo and Luke. And since he knows the boys aren't going to lead him directly to the still site. He has Boss place a  friendly call to one of Jesse's buyers to set up a deal and sell him shine at a lower rate than Jesse. Knowing that the buyer is gonna contact Jesse to let him know Boss is wanting to sell him shine. But it's a trick, to lure Bo and Luke out with shine in hand. So the next morning Rosco places a call to the federal revenue agents to make it a federal case and Rosco and the revenuers follows Jesse's buyer and then it happens. They surround Bo and Luke who are transporting shine and taking them in to custody.

I love it cuz! :)

4 minutes ago, Skipper Duke said:

I love it cuz! :)

I appreciate it. It's the only thing I could think of on why Boss and Jesse are no longer friends. Because it never really does say in the show. And why Rosco turns to a dishonest lawman. But they do say in the show a couple times about Rosco getting cheated of his pension. So since the system cheated him, he decides to cheat the system

2 hours ago, MoonRunner-01 said:

Brilliant prequel. I'm loving it....and it stays true to the spirit of the original show. We're lucky to have you here on the greatest website on the internet. 

8 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Brilliant prequel. I'm loving it....and it stays true to the spirit of the original show. We're lucky to have you here on the greatest website on the internet. 

Thank you! I find it quite fun coming up with little back/side stories to the show. Cause the show leaves a lot to the viewers imagination on what could have happened before and after an episode aired. For instance like in "High Octane" I'm gonna say Uncle Jesse absolutely won that alternative to fossil fuels contest. Seeing how we have ethanol added to fuels and even E85. But somehow he could have been cheated from the royalties. Maybe a minor tweak in the formula so they could keep all the profits to themselves.

Just interesting things like that haha

12 hours ago, MoonRunner-01 said:

Thank you! I find it quite fun coming up with little back/side stories to the show. Cause the show leaves a lot to the viewers imagination on what could have happened before and after an episode aired. For instance like in "High Octane" I'm gonna say Uncle Jesse absolutely won that alternative to fossil fuels contest. Seeing how we have ethanol added to fuels and even E85. But somehow he could have been cheated from the royalties. Maybe a minor tweak in the formula so they could keep all the profits to themselves.

Just interesting things like that haha

You are definitely a great addition to the HazzardNet. Thanks again for joining. I always used to joke that Jesse Duke invented ethanol in 1979 but then I saw something older where they put moonshine in the gas tank. It might have been the Andy Griffith Show. I think I posted it here on the HN but my memory isn't what it used to be. 

5 minutes ago, RogerDuke said:

You are definitely a great addition to the HazzardNet. Thanks again for joining. I always used to joke that Jesse Duke invented ethanol in 1979 but then I saw something older where they put moonshine in the gas tank. It might have been the Andy Griffith Show. I think I posted it here on the HN but my memory isn't what it used to be. 

If you go to Denver Pyle's section in the Cast and Characters forum you can find what I typed. It was Beverly Hillbillies....but Jesse did it first....long before 1979.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2022 at 7:52 PM, RogerDuke said:

I appreciate that I really do! I try not to think to hard about putting gasoline with 10% ethanol in my tank knowing Uncle Jesse had a hand in it. If it was alright with him then I reckon it's alright with me haha