Hi Everybody

Burl Tolliver

I've been reading here on and off for years, and decided it was time to join up.  I'm 42 years old and have been a fan at least since the age of 2.  Have two boys 9 and 10 who are the biggest fans I've seen since I was their age.  I guess it runs in the family.  From the age of 2, the oldest understood that watching a police car land in the lake was the funniest thing on TV.  The youngest thinks Rosco is the real hero of the show, and makes his brother be both Duke boys so he can chase him.

I chose my handle by typing in names of minor characters until I found one that was not already taken.  I'm a casual Mel Tillis fan but not real big.

Favorite seasons are 2 and 3.  It seems that the show had really hit its stride, but stories were still fresh.  I like season 5 more than most fans, it seems.  Never cared for Vance and Coy, but the other actors really stepped up to save the show.  Especially James and Sorrell.  Some of their most hilarious scenes are in season 5.

Good to hear from you again Burl. I always love it when I hear of someone raising kids right and passing on that great tradition of Hazzard County. Folks my age (60) were the first generation of Dukes fans. Folks like you and Skipper are the second generation and now we're seeing a third generation rise to carry the torch into the future. It puts a big smile on this old redneck's face and helps me to sleep at night. Long live Hazzard County! It's in safe hands for the future thanks to your family.