Roger Duke on facebook

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the Facebook adventure was interesting but it's over. It was fun but also troublesome. I had all kinds of problems with my tablet after I started using FB and it got progressively worse. I went to click on something called "my story" last night and the tablet crashed and is now unusable. The last few days all kinds of warnings have been popping up so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. We have this laptop that we seldom use but now that I have to use it, I'm not getting on FB. The tablet was old so it wasn't a huge loss but I would hate for something to happen to this. Robert, could you please get on the group I started and explained what happened. I would appreciate it if you tell them that I am deleting my facebook account but can be found here on the HN forums if anybody wants me. 

5 hours ago, Spike said:

Sounds like either the hardware in the tablet was/is nearing the end of its use or you got a virus on the tablet. I wouldn't delete your Facebook account over that.

You might be right but I'm so bad with technology that I'll have to learn more first. It just seems like it's more than a coincidence that I didn't have any trouble with the tablet for the several years that I have owned it and then started having problems as soon as I started using FB. 

17 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Well, the Facebook adventure was interesting but it's over. It was fun but also troublesome. I had all kinds of problems with my tablet after I started using FB and it got progressively worse. I went to click on something called "my story" last night and the tablet crashed and is now unusable. The last few days all kinds of warnings have been popping up so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. We have this laptop that we seldom use but now that I have to use it, I'm not getting on FB. The tablet was old so it wasn't a huge loss but I would hate for something to happen to this. Robert, could you please get on the group I started and explained what happened. I would appreciate it if you tell them that I am deleting my facebook account but can be found here on the HN forums if anybody wants me. 

Cousin Roger... Can I screenshot this message and share it that way?

4 hours ago, Skipper Duke said:

Cousin Roger... Can I screenshot this message and share it that way?

21 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Well, the Facebook adventure was interesting but it might be over. I had all kinds of problems with my tablet after I started using FB and it got progressively worse. I went to click on something called "my story" last night and the tablet crashed and is now unusable. The last few days all kinds of warnings have been popping up so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. We have this laptop that we seldom use but now that I have to use it, I'm not getting on FB. The tablet was old so it wasn't a huge loss but I would hate for something to happen to this computer. Robert, could you please get on the group I started and explain what happened. I would appreciate it if you tell them that I can be found here on the HN forums if anybody wants me. I don't know if I'll ever return to FB or not. I'm just not good enough with technology to avoid the dangers. 

Since I'm not positive that I am quitting FB please use this one. I made a few changes. Thanks for all your help cousin.