Volo Auto Museum will keep General Lee on display

Spike

The world has crossed the line from political correctness into the realm of insanity. I could see if everybody was treated the same but they're not. I looked up Chief Seattle and found out he wiped entire tribes and was a slave owner of anybody who survived. I called my friend who moved to Seattle two months ago and he said Chief Seattle is revered there and his statue will never come down. Imagine that. There are people in this world who hate a historic car, the most recognizable car in history, yet love a slave owner. Insanity. 

Every country has something in their history they aren't proud of, however,  the United States of America remains the only country where one race fought a war within their own borders to free people of a different race  - all at a time when slavery was still practiced openly by most countries around the world.  (Including parts of the British Empire).   I challenge these 'cancel culture' enthusiasts to find a country they would rather live in...and move there.

5 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

The world has crossed the line from political correctness into the realm of insanity. I could see if everybody was treated the same but they're not. I looked up Chief Seattle and found out he wiped entire tribes and was a slave owner of anybody who survived. I called my friend who moved to Seattle two months ago and he said Chief Seattle is revered there and his statue will never come down. Imagine that. There are people in this world who hate a historic car, the most recognizable car in history, yet love a slave owner. Insanity. 

I should probably clarify something here so I'm not misunderstood. I am not in favor of tearing down the statue of Chief Seattle or any other indigenous leader who did bad things. What I am saying is that you either forgive people and  keep the statues of historical leaders up OR you don't forgive and take them all down. We're supposed to live in a society where everybody is treated equal. Let's treat them equal then. If the men on Mount Rushmore are not worthy of a tribute then no human who has ever sinned should ever be honored.