Charlie Daniels

RogerDuke

Charlie Daniels passed away this morning of a stroke. He was often called the hardest working man in the entertainment business. He has been my favorite singer for decades and I will miss him. I had the opportunity to speak to him three times and it was awesome. The first time I got my picture taken with him. The next time I got it autographed. The third time we talked about patriotism. Two of his songs "What this World Needs is a Few More Rednecks" and "Simple Man" are amongst my all-time favorites. My favorite Charlie moment was listening to him sing "How Great Thou Art" under a beautiful twilight West Virginia sky. Good bye Charlie. You will be missed. The world has lost a great man. I only wish Rosco would have caught you in a speedtrap. I would have loved to see you in the Boar's Nest but I guess you must have outsmarted him. 

Sorry to hear about Charlie's passing, Roger. I know he was a big favorite of yours, although I didn't know (or possibly remember) that you'd been lucky enough to meet him three times. Until I joined HNet, I only knew Charlie for 'The Devil Went Down to Georgia', but now I know a few more of his songs. It's a shame that the music forums have gone quiet, because I used to enjoy being introduced to songs and artists that I didn't previously know.

Here's two of your favorites, Roger:

Charlie Daniels - (What This World Needs Is) A Few More Rednecks

Charlie Daniels - Simple Man