Uncle Jesse's episode reviews

Double Dukes....season 4

Boss hires two bad guys named Turk and Moody and is planning to rob an armoured truck in Hazzard that is going to be coming from Cuttlerville. He has a duplicate General Lee made and spends $2000 on masks that make Turk and Moody look exactly like Bo and Luke (Miz Tisdale delivered the masks on her dirt bike). Boss lets Bo and Luke go when they get in a fight with Turk and Moody in the Boar's Nest because if they're in jail he can't frame them. Later Turk and Moody tie Bo and Luke up and stuff them in coffins, put their masks on, hop in the fake General and rob the truck at gunpoint right in front of Jesse, Daisy and Cooter. Bo and Luke then bust out and hop in the General and run into a confused Jesse, Daisy, Cooter and Rosco. Eventually the Duke boys figure out that there are doubles of them. Big Ed Little starts chasing Turk and Moody, thinking they are the Dukes and Boss realizes they have double crossed him by taking all the money. Before you know it everybody is in on the chase. After Turk and Moody get caught, Bo and Luke get the reward money and give it to the orphanage. 

-- Donna Fargo is the latest victim of the celebrity speedtrap and sings Lone Star Cowboy

-- When Boss said the other General Lee is an exact duplicate Rosco responded "It looks just like it too." 

-- When Bo played linebacker for Hazzard High "he plum wore out two boar hogs as tackling dummies " -Waylon

-- When Boss's back went out he couldn't move or see his huge bowl of ice cream. Rosco started eating it. When Boss said "My ice cream is all melting" Rosco responded "No it ain't" 

The commentary from John and Tom is interesting to listen to on that episode. 

I thought this episode was really cheesy with the whole mask thing. They could have went to a store and bought Bo and Luke Halloween masks and have Turk and Moody wear them instead of having Tom and John act like the bad guys. It's episodes like this you can really tell who had more acting experience at the time.

Diamonds in the Rough....season 4

After seeing something drop from an airplane the boys get it and find that it's a Bugs Bunny doll. When they get shot at Luke jokes that it must be Elmer Fudd and then Bo discovers the doll is stuffed with diamonds. When one of the thieves named Lisa figures out the Dukes have the diamonds she poses as Atlanta reporter Della Dawn who specializes in moonshine stories. She befriends the Dukes and follows Daisy home with her 2 henchmen following her. Jesse called the FBI but Mabel Tillingham was listening in and told Boss about it. When Lisa sat down in the house she saw the bunny and then Boss and Rosco showed up but couldn't stay. While they were there Bo threw the bunny out the window but it landed in Boss's back seat. Lisa didnt know Boss drove off with it and then drew a pistol and signaled for her men who came in with guns too. Rosco found the bunny and gave it to Flash since he didn't know the diamonds were in it. The boys and Lisa find Flash and get the bunny and come back to the farm where Daisy and Jesse were being held by the henchmen. Daisy snuck the diamonds out of the bunny and the robbers took off thinking they had them. A phoney FBI agent, hired by Boss comes to the farm and fools Jesse and takes the diamonds. When the real FBI agents calls on the CB the chase is on and everybody's in on it and in the end, the real FBI agent got the diamonds. The Duke family got a fancy FBI Commendation to hang on their wall. Waylon finished by saying "I tell ya what, living in Hazzard might be complicated but it sure is fun. No wonder nobody wants to leave." 

Coltrane vs Duke.....season 4

Mr. Crystal of Crystal Mountain Beer wants the Duke farm to build a brewery but Boss has been unable to foreclose on it. When Rosco runs into the mud chasing the Duke boys, Boss has him fake broken bones and whiplash so he can sue them and get the farm. Boss even hires a fake doctor and ambulance. Jesse realizes Rosco is faking so the Dukes start investigating. Boss has to do everything for Rosco to convince him to keep up the scam, including reading him Jack and the Beanstalk....hilarious scene. Boss tries to take Rosco to his fishing cabin but the ambulance hits a bump and Rosco pops out and starts rolling down the hill, saved by the Dukes. Then Boss hides him in the jail, knowing the Dukes won't think of looking there. The Dukes find Mr. Crystal on their property and figure out why Boss wants it so bad. Before the trial the boys run into Chickasaw to get Doc Appleby to prove Rosco is faking but don't make it back on time because he is delivering triplets and Big Ed Little delays them. Judge Potts awards Rosco the Duke farm since Jesse doesn't have the $50,000 settlement. Potts heads to Atlanta to file the papers but the Dukes trick Rosco by pretending Flash got dognapped and get an instamatic picture of Rosco running, proving he's not really hurt. They race off to catch the judge but get sidetracked by Big Ed. All the other vehicles get to the judge first but finally Bo and Luke arrive with the photo, causing the judge to change his mind. 

-- Emery Potter makes a return. This time as a reluctant deputy. 

-- Jesse revealed that the farm has been owned by Dukes since 1792.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

I think that's the best episode of season 4, definitely the funniest. Whoever casted the extras for this show made the right decision with Bob Hastings as the conman Quack doctor. 

Might have to retract that statement, Pin the Tail on the Dukes is pretty darn funny too :lol:. Hector about stole all the Dukes vehicles lol.

• 2 weeks later...

The Fugitive.....season 4

Mindy Lou Hale shows up in Hazzard on her way to nursing school in Macon. She needs money for school and wants to sell T-shirts at the annual Tri-County Motocross race at the Hazzard Fairgrounds. While Boss and Rosco are talking about Boss's latest venture of stealing dirt bikes and repainting them to sell, Mindy Lou shows up. Boss thinks she heard what he was talking about (even though she didn't) so he has Rosco arrest her. She got help from the Dukes in getting away and they took her back to the farm where they figured out what Boss was up to. When Jesse helped Mindy Lou to get across the county line Rosco arrests him and since Mindy Lou feels bad she comes back to help. The Dukes figure out where Boss's workers are stashing and painting the dirt bikes and eventually bring Cooter there to overtake and tie up the workers. When Boss gets there he doesn't realize that the 3 people he is talking to are Cooter, Bo and Daisy since they have painter's clothes and masks on. He confesses to a tape recorder that Cooter rigged up to a paint sprayer and Mindy Lou goes off to nursing school and Bo won the race and the $500 prize.

-- Johnny Paycheck sang "Take This Job and Shove It". Boss wasn't exactly crazy about the song. 

--I love dirt bikes so this is one of my favorite episodes. The dirt bike jump with Luke and Mindy Lou on the same bike was a great stunt....and a tough one. I loved Boss on his white dirt bike....what skills!

-- When Rosco told Boss he couldn't find the Dukes and Mindy Lou, Rosco  said "They weren't anywhere I looked". Boss responded "Well, have you tried anywhere you haven't looked?" 

-- cool thing about Johnny Paycheck. Just this spring I met a guy who was a guitar player in his band.

The Great Bank Robbery....season 4

Boss fires his janitor, Jesse's old friend Clarence Stovall, just one day before he is eligible for a pension after 30 years. Before he leaves Clarence takes his $30,000 pension money anyways, stealing it from the bank vault and when he shows up at the Duke farm they find out about it and convince him to take the money back. Rosco sees the money in the General Lee and after the boys get away from him, he tells Boss about it. Boss doesn't know the money the boys have is from his bank but figures it out after calling all the other banks in the area. Clarence gives Bo and Luke the bank key so they can put the money back before Boss notices but they get caught then get away and head back again to still sight #1 to regroup. Later, Jesse starts a safe controlled fire in a Hazzard business as a distraction so Bo, Luke and Clarence can sneak the money back in the vault. When Duke boys threaten to tell the townsfolks that his bank is easy to break into, causing Boss to worry about a run on it, Boss decides to give Clarence his pension and throws a party at the Boar's Nest and awards him with a broken watch. 

-- Cletus and his car ended up in the water 3 times in this one, twice early in the episode. 

-- "I swear, if it rained soup Cletus's bowl would be upside down" --Waylon

-- Boss "Rosco, you have splinters in the windmills of your mind"....a happy Rosco "oh, that's poetic"

-- Jesse didn't like it when Clarence was ready to give up. "Dunfur" isn't a word he liked. (done for) lol

:previous:

I know I've been posted about guest stars from Dukes appearing in other shows in The Last 24 Hours thread, but I've just watched the CHiPs season 6 episode 'Speedway Fever' and spotted Daniel Currie as a CHP captain. It was one of only seven credited acting roles for Daniel, with another being as Homer, one of the fire fighters in 'The Great Bank Robbery'. The same episode also features a second CHiPs appearance for Katherine (Kitty) Moffat who was Trixie the genie in 'When You Wish Upon a Hogg'.

As an aside, I think there were three other characters named Homer across the seven seasons. How many can you remember?

1 hour ago, HossC said:

I know I've been posted about guest stars from Dukes appearing in other shows in The Last 24 Hours thread, but I've just watched the CHiPs season 6 episode 'Speedway Fever' and spotted Daniel Currie as a CHP captain. It was one of only seven credited acting roles for Daniel, with another being as Homer, one of the fire fighters in 'The Great Bank Robbery'. The same episode also features a second CHiPs appearance for Katherine (Kitty) Moffat who was Trixie the genie in 'When You Wish Upon a Hogg'.

As an aside, I think there were three other characters named Homer across the seven seasons. How many can you remember?

That's a pretty neat coincidence that you would see that at nearly the same time I watched The Great Bank Robbery. Homer Sneed and Bib Tarkey were the 2 firefighters. Homer Griggs owned the rural general store but I can't think of the other 2 without checking my notebook. I'm sure I'll kick myself when you tell me. 

Sadie Hogg Day.....season 4

April 1 is April Fool's Day in other places but it's Sadie Hogg Day in Hazzard where the woman run the place for a day. After Boss found out that the Chief Banking Examiner is coming to Hazzard to inspect the county funds ledger, he panics since he has taken the 142, 679 dollars out of the funds to bankroll his personal projects so he dreams up a plan to frame Daisy. During the drawing to see who has what job, Lulu gets the county comissioner job. Aunt Clara Coltrane gets the sheriff position and Emma Tisdale draws the deputy spot. Boss sneaks Daisy's name in as county treasurer so he can set her up. She was happy since she had to clean sewers last year. He pressures Daisy to sign a paper making her responsible for the money (that doesn't exist because he stole it) because he knows the bank examiner is on the way. Before you know it the bank is being robbed by 2 guys hired by Boss and all they took was the county funds....which was 2 bags full of papers made to look like money. Boss throws Daisy in jail but Jesse breaks her out by flirting with Deputy Emma Tidale. Before the bank examiner gets there Boss sends Rosco to the Boar's Nest to get the fake ledger but he gets it mixed up with the real ledger. In the end, everybody ends up near the incinerator at the Hazzard Junkyard after plenty of crashes and jumps around all the junk. Rosco threw the wrong ledger in the incinerator and the examiner learned about Boss's dirty dealings. To keep out of jail Boss had to pay back all the money out of his own wallet. 

-- Jesse ended up taking Emma to the hoe-down even though "He doesn't even know how to dance." 

-- I loved Emma driving the police car in hot pursuit. At one point she thought they were going through a tunnel since her hat fell over her eyes. 

-- When Jesse was flirting with Emma, Bo said to Luke "Now I know where you and me got it."

19 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Homer Sneed and Bib Tarkey were the 2 firefighters. Homer Griggs owned the rural general store but I can't think of the other 2 without checking my notebook. I'm sure I'll kick myself when you tell me. 

I thought Homer Griggs would be the hardest to get. The other two Homers that I have are Dr. Homer Willis (the dentist in the RV) in 'Gold Fever' and Homer Hotchkiss who worked in the land office in 'Duke of Duke'.

BTW. The other firefighter was Bib Tucker (who gets mentioned again in 'New Deputy in Town' later in season 4). Bib Tarkey is a character who gets mentioned in two season 6 episodes - 'Boss Behind Bars' and 'Enos's Last Chance'. It's possible that he was meant to be the same person, but the writers got his name wrong.

How did I miss Homer Willis? Oh well....I can see how I missed Homer Hotchkiss even though I know somebody with that last name and remember that character.  Regarding Bib and Homer, Jesse wasn't surprised they we're helping Boss and said that those two guys are into everything. 

Edited by RogerDuke

1 hour ago, RogerDuke said:

Regarding Bib and Homer, Jesse wasn't surprised they we're helping Boss and said that those two guys are into everything. 

Apparently, "Besides being voluntary firemen, they're deputy sheriff reserves." It's funny how we never see them again. Bib Tucker only gets a second mention because he owes the Dukes money, and Homer Sneed disappears without trace.

10 Million Dollar Sheriff......part 1 and 2.....season 4

Rosco's Great Uncle Hosiah left him 10 million dollars in his will, even though Rosco had never heard of him. Then one thing Rosco had always wanted is to put the Duke boys in jail for a long time, so for $100,000 he hires a "detective" named Jason Steele from Atlanta to set the Dukes up. Rosco also bought a Rolls Royce Sheriff car and a fancy rhinestone sheriff uniform and a rhinestone outfit for Flash. The first thing Steele did was try to lure the Dukes across the county line into the jurisdiction of Big Ed Little but that plan failed. Boss was so jealous of Rosco that he challenged him to a card game where they bet everything they owned. When Boss's attempt to cheat didn't work because Flash ate his Ace, Boss lost everything and was penniless and eventually accepted a deputy job. Steele's next plan was to plant a pistol in the General Lee but that didn't work either after Bo threw it in quicksand. Jesse went into the swamp looking for Steele but fell and hit his head and he ended up in a coma in the hospital. The doctor didn't know if he'd live or not and Boss and Rosco felt horrible about it. Rosco starts to have second thoughts but Steele threatens his life if he backs out of the deal telling him he'll give him the "deepest grave in the South". The boys finally meet Steele in town at high noon and Luke stops Bo from punching him because he knows Steele will have him arrested. Next, while in the Boar's Nest, Steele switches the General with a fake one and when the boys take it, has them arrested for grand theft auto. When the Dukes escape from jail Steele and his henchman catch them and throw them in their van, bound for jail in Atlanta. Then the lawyer who told Rosco about the 10 million shows up and tells Rosco about the decimal point problem....it's only 10 dollars. Since Rosco had changed his mind about the Duke boys he is happy and catches up with Steele to tell him he can't pay him. While that is going on Jesse woke up in the hospital when Daisy was there. Steele is pretty mad at Rosco and takes him hostage, wanting $100,000 ransom from Boss. But, it's Bo and Luke to the rescue, catching Steele and his henchman, who are arrested for kidnapping. The closing scene shows Jesse walking out of the hospital.

The second part has this great quote from Rosco when Cletus asks him to repeat the location: "Moose Creek, you dipstick. 'M' as in 'moose', 'O' as in 'moose', 'O' as in 'moose', 'S' as in 'moose', 'E' as in 'moose'."

In the mid-90s, Alan Autry, who appeared in these episodes as Dawson (and credited as Carlos Brown), featured in season 3 and 4 of Grace Under Fire with Peggy Rea.

Trouble at Cooter's....season 4

Bo and Luke start the episode in the General Lee running down a dirt road singing "Take it Easy" but soon life isn't so easy. A thief named Russ Mitchell, driving a van with Mississippi plates and loaded with stolen fur coats, bumps into Cooter's truck and later, a mink coat falls out the back and is picked up by Bo and Luke on the road. The boys were going to give Rosco the coat but he comes to the farm with Cletus to arrest them. Russ takes the furs to Boss to sell and Boss stores them beside Cooter's garage in Rhuebottom's old hardware store that he foreclosed on to use as a "warehouse for stolen merchandise". Russ's girlfriend and accomplice Bonnie  shows up and Russ schemes to steal the furs back from Boss and sell them to someone else. Boss is planning on selling them to Harvey Dunsmore from Atlanta and Harvey shows up and starts negotiating with Boss for the 20 coats, minus one. Bonnie befriends Cooter with a picnic lunch in order to distract him so Russ can bust through the wall in the garage to get into Rhuebottom's. Cotter is really falling for her and even gives her his sterling silver tire pressure gauge. Russ and Bonnie end up with the furs but the Dukes catch them but Bonnie pulls a gun on them and they tie up the Dukes and get away with the furs. The boys get lose and everybody takes off after the thieves and they eventually get them. Cooter is pretty mad and punches out Russ and confronts Bonnie. Boss had to give up the furs to the Atlanta police. 

Goodbye, General Lee......season 4

Boss wants to win the first annual Drag 'n Fly Derby so he can use the victory to endorse his products so he buys a turbocharged car and hires two disbarred NASCAR drivers. While working under the General Lee, Luke gets knocked out by the drive shaft falling down and ends up unconscious in a hospital. While he is there Boss brings in a professor hypnotist who trains Luke to want to sell the General Lee next time it breaks down. That night Rosco sabotaged the General and Cletus caught the Duke boys when their engine failed them. Luke suggested selling it but Bo argued with him and later they almost got in a physical fight but Jesse stopped it. Bo lost an archery contest that determined if they should get rid of the General so they went to Hobie Harkins used car lot and traded it for a yellow car, similar to the one Daisy had that got run off a cliff. Luke then got the idea to paint the car like the General but that never happened. Boss bought the General from Hobie and told Rosco to push it off the cliff at Rainbow Canyon but Cooter saved it without Rosco knowing. At an old still sight Jesse snapped his fingers and that snapped Luke out of his hypnotic state and he didn't remember what had happened with the General. Boss sent his 2 drivers to the gravel put to blow up the General but Luke risked his life and stopped them. Bo and Luke hopped in the General and made it to the Derby by the 4:00 deadline and won. Rosco let it slip out that Boss had Luke hypnotized so that explained everything. 

-- After Rosco's car jump at the end he said "That would have killed 10 ordinary men." Back in the 80s I used that line every time I got hurt. 

-- Boss to Hobie on phone " Are you drunk?" Hobie's response "Well, of course."

-- Once again Rosco thinks Boss is doing him a favor by adding a third 50% on to the other two....."50% of 50% OF 50%"

-- I'm not real crazy about this episode. It's like "Dr Jekyll and Mr Duke." I just don't like seeing Luke being mean. 

-- Hey Hoss, Cooter had a sign painter stuck to his windshield. His name was Homer....no last name given. 

12 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Bo lost an archery contest that determined if they should get rid of the General so they went to Hobie Harkins used car lot and traded it for a yellow car, similar to the one Daisy had that got run off a cliff.

It was actually a slightly newer Plymouth Satellite, similar to Roadrunner that Daisy had in the Georgia episodes. You'll see another similar car in a few episodes' time when you get to Molly Hargrove's race car in 'Birds Gotta Fly'. Speaking of which, Andra Akers, who played Molly Hargrove, popped up in a Hart to Hart episode I saw last week.

12 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

-- Hey Hoss, Cooter had a sign painter stuck to his windshield. His name was Homer....no last name given. 

Yep, I missed that one, probably because he didn't get mentioned in the credits.

Cletus Falls in Love.....season 4

Cletus catches the Dukes after a hot pursuit and Daisy turns on the charm to keep him from writing a ticket that would cause Bo to lose his driver's license. After Cletus agrees, Daisy kisses him and tells him she loves him. She just meant "love" to be friendly but Cletus misinterpets it to mean she loves him romantically and starts to do things like giving her flowers. In the meantime,  Boss finds out that the state probation supervisor from Capitol City wants to investigate him so he decides to arrest the Duke boys to impress him. He alters a check signed by Bo to make it look like $1,100 instead of $11. After being thrown in jail the Dukes escape and Boss fires Cletus because he was careless and let it happen. Boss replaced Cletus with an off-duty Big Ed Little. Ed catches the Duke boys when they are trying to get the altered check and it's back in jail they go.....until morning when Cooter used his wrecker to pull the barred window off. After being chased by Big Ed, the Dukes catch up with Boss and Rosco who were on their way to Capitol City with the altered check. Everybody stopped and Rosco looked in the back seat and saw that Flash has opened his lunchbox that had the check inside and Flash had eaten it. Daisy explained to Cletus that she didn't love him in the way he thought she did and he got his job back after the Dukes threatened to sue Boss for false arrest if he didnt rehire him. In the end, Cletus had a big smile on his face because he was heading out on a date with a new love interest, Laverne, who was seen earlier in the episode looking at him with adoring eyes. 

Hughie Hogg Strikes Again.....season 4

While driving a motor home into Hazzard, Hughie Hogg, disguised as an old man, runs the Duke boys into a pond in the opening scene. He then shows up at Boss's office and promises to make up for past dirty deeds by showing Boss his plan to help him foreclose on Cooter's garage so he can build Hogg's Happy Hacienda Hoggominiums. Boss agrees and Hughie starts the plan right away by having Cooter thrown in jail for stealing his wallet....while still disguised as an old man. Bo and Luke start working in the garage to help a jailed Cooter make his mortgage payment and when Rosco and Cletus go to arrest them for consorting with a known criminal (Cooter) they get away and Rosco ends up in a pond. Jesse and Daisy then start working in the garage while Bo and Luke sneak into Boss's office and figure out what he's up to. Hughie and his two henchmen set up Jesse and Daisy to make it look like they are selling moonshine at the garage and Boss calls the department of ATF to get an agent from Capitol City to come to Hazzard to arrest Jesse. The Duke boys break into the motor home and finally figure out that it is Hughie, in various disguises, who is behind all this. Later, when Hughie and his men were going to the ATF agent to give him the fake evidence against Jesse, the Duke boys catch up to them and Luke throws a bee's nest into the motor home to flush them out. Bo and Luke then destroy the evidence and Boss kicked Hughie out of Hazzard again. Cooter made his mortgage payment and Buck Owens was forced to sing "Tiger by the Tail" after getting caught in the celebrity speedtrap. 

-- Miz Tisdale utters that line "That Jesse Duke just sets my motor at fast idle."

-- Once again Rosco says "That would have killed ten ordinary men."

-- In a nightime scene with Bo and Luke camping out you could see stars. I was wrong when I thought the only time we ever see stars in Hazzard was in the Strange Visitor episode. 

--When Rosco went into the pond after bragging to Cletus what a good driver he was Cletus said "Guess he meant diving lessons"

-- When Hughie said he went to college and majored in criminal law Boss said "Oh, you were studying to be a lawyer?" Hughie responded "No, a criminal". 

Dukescam Scam.....season 4

On the way to pay the mortgage the 4 Dukes see Emery Potter driving out of town in a hurry. When they got to the bank Rosco was there cashing his check and the next thing you know, bank teller Laverne is screaming inside the vault after discovering it's been burglarized. The Dukes and Rosco catch up with Boss on the road and Rosco arrests him for the burglary and throws him in jail. Boss claims his innocence and blames Emery. Boss claims all his money is tied up in a land deal and Jesse agrees to risking the farm on the bail bond agreement. (Boss softened him up to fall for the scam by reminding him he bailed him out in 1938 and owes him a favor.) Later, Boss is seen leaving town with his bags packed so it's clear he's going to skip bail so the Dukes lose the farm. The Dukes went looking for his hideout but when they find him he gets away and next, they failed to find Emery. Judge Potts is forced to take the farm away from the Dukes since Boss didn't show up for the trial. Minutes later Boss comes back into town and takes Jesse into the vault to prove to him the bank was never burglarized to begin with. When the vault door gets shut everybody realizes Boss and Jesse only have an hour to live before they run out of air. Laverne tells the Dukes that Emery knows the combination so they go after him. After Boss says they only have 39 minutes to live Jesse claims that it is 41 and they laugh that Boss is trying to cheat someone even in his last hour of life. Emery arrives and passes out from stress when starting to open the door but thankfully Luke was paying attention when Emery was repeating the numbers on the way there. When the two old timers got out they agreed to trade the bail bond agreement for the tape that was recorded in the vault where Boss confessed. Jesse and Boss did the Ridge Runner spit handshake to seal the deal.

The Sound of Music-Hazzard Style....season 4

Cletus is chasing the General Lee out on the dirt roads while Mickey Gilley is giving a daytime concert at the Hazzard Gazebo and singing "Object of My Affection". What Mickey doesn't know is that 2 record pirates, named  Heep and Morton have been hired by Boss and are in a nearby van illegally recording the concert. When federal agents try to arrest Heep and Morton they stop the General Lee and force the boys to be a getaway car. This makes the agents think the Duke boys are record pirate accomplices. Eventually the boys and the General get away from the bad guys. Rosco is worried about Boss's scam because he just got into astrology and says the planets aren't lined up for them to succeed. His obssession with astrology lasts all episode. The agents don't know Boss and Rosco are crooked so they report the pirates to them. Bo and Luke don't know Boss is in with the pirates so they report to them as well. After Rosco gets the pirated tape that was in the back of the General he tries to arrest the boys but they get away. Boss and the duo of Heep and Morton spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to double cross each other. One of the agents catches the boys but they get away with a dramatic double jump onto Dixie with Daisy driving. Heep and Morton steal money from Boss and take him hostage in their van and later grab Rosco too. It's the Duke boys to the rescue, fighting off the bad guys and their bulldozers, one of them (driverless) almost crushing the General but then hitting Cletus's car. The agents arrest Heep and Morton and Mickey returns and sings "The Girls all get Prettier at Closing Time". He gives the Dukes a reward that they donate to the orphanage. 

Shine on Hazzard Moon.....season 4

All 4 Dukes are in the General Lee on the way home from fishing. All 4 caught their limit of trout on the first day of the season....Waylon said he did too. Cletus started chasing them after they went through a 5 MPH sign. Jesse pointed out that he couldn't even walk that slow. Cletus ended up in the pond and caught his own fish and pointed it like a gun. Boss has a big time buyer named Jasper Fenwick test his moonshine but Jasper said it was terrible and he'd only make a deal if Jesse would make the shine or if Boss could use Jesse's recipe. (Jasper's henchman Eli reminded me of a bigger stronger Bill Clinton). Boss took $202.10 to Jesse and claimed he overpaid on the mortgage. He suggested Jesse put it in a safe place so he put it in a cookie box. The next morning Boss and Rosco lured the Dukes out of the house and Rosco took what he thought was the shine recipe from the box but when he brought it back, Boss knew right away it was horse linament. Boss then hires Rayford Flicker to make it look like the boys stole from the orphanage playground fund. After a chase they go to jail and Boss made a deal with Jesse....their freedom for Jesse making up a batch of moonshine. Boss let's him use his personal still. Since Cletus always ends up in the pond he is reading a book on how to swim while guarding the jail but Cooter tricks him and the boys escape. They catch Rayford and he signs a confession that Boss paid him to frame them. Jasper buys the "shine" and then Boss forces Jesse to load the still and haul it to Chickasaw where Big Ed is waiting after being called. Luke and Jesse were able to dump the evidence in the swamp and Jesse revealed that all he made was some "pretty top grade motuthwash."

-- "You know, Bo and Luke went to the fair once and rode one of them big time roller coasters. They fell asleep."

-- Bo talking about Cletus "He's alright though" .......Waylon's response "If you can call being Cletus alright." 

-- Great scene of the General and Sheriff's car jumping in opposite directions. When the scene froze while they were in mid air Waylon said. "Friends, that's America. Kinda purty ain't it?"

Edited by RogerDuke