Uncle Jesse's episode reviews

3 minutes ago, Hobie Harkins said:

I just finished watching part 2 of 10 million dollar Sheriff! That guy who played Dawson, reminds me of that guy who played the deputy on Heat of The Night with Carol O' Connor.

OK...end of mystery! I looked him up! He is Carlos Brown but his other name is Alan Autry! ONE IN THE SAME!!

The Haunting of JD Hogg......season 7 

Boss's Uncle Silas died. He was like a second father to Jesse. Silas had named Boss the heir to his estate on a tape recording 15 years earlier but made a new will a month before he died, making Jesse the executor and directing him to give the money to charity. A crooked lawyer named Larson conspired with Boss to destroy the new will but at the reading Boss, Larson and Larson's thug named Sharp where surprised when Jesse announced he had a copy of the updated will. Boss and Larson pretended they didn't know about it. Sharp ran Bo, Luke and Jesse off the road when they were going to the farm to get it. They called Daisy and told her to pick it up but Boss and Rosco got there first and burned it back at the courthouse. Larson and Sharp went to Summerville to pick up the $100,000 in inheritance money that Larson and Boss were going to split 50-50 at Silas's house. Daisy tried to stop them but was caught and taken hostage. The 3 Duke men hired local ventriloquist Mr. Winkle to set up a voice device and radio controlled gadgets before Boss got to Silas's house. They made it look like the house was haunted and made it sound like Silas's ghost was there. Rosco showed up and both he and Boss became convinced the haunting was real. Boss was so traumatized that he agreed to give the money to charity and even add 10 grand. Larson and Sharp showed up with their hostage Daisy and the money but then left as soon as they found out Boss changed his mind. The 3 Dukes in the General.....and Boss, Rosco and Winkle in Rosco's car......went after them. In front of the Boar's Nest they tried to stop them with the old moonshine nutcracker. It was supposed to sandwich the car between theirs but didn't work. It did distract them enough for Daisy to stop them. Rosco arrested the bad guys and the money went to charity. 

Edited by RogerDuke

3 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

The Haunting of JD Hogg......season 7 

Boss's Uncle Silas died. He was like a second father to Jesse. Silas had named Boss the heir to his estate on a tape recording 15 years earlier but made a new will a month before he died, making Jesse the executor and directing him to give the money to charity. A crooked lawyer named Larson conspired with Boss to destroy the new will but at the reading Boss, Larson and Larson's thug named Sharp where surprised when Jesse announced he had a copy of the updated will. Boss and Larson pretended they didn't know about it. Sharp ran Bo, Luke and Jesse off the road when they were going to the farm to get it. They called Daisy and told her to pick it up but Boss and Rosco got there first and burned it back at the courthouse. Larson and Sharp went to Summerville to pick up the $100,000 in inheritance money that Larson and Boss were going to split 50-50 at Silas's house. Daisy tried to stop them but was caught and taken hostage. The 3 Duke men hired local ventriloquist Mr. Winkle to set up a voice device and radio controlled gadgets before Boss got to Silas's house. They made it look like the house was haunted and made it sound like Silas's ghost was there. Rosco showed up and both he and Boss became convinced the haunting was real. Boss was so traumatized that he agreed to give the money to charity and even add 10 grand. Larson and Sharp showed up with their hostage Daisy and the money but then left as soon as they found out Boss changed his mind. The 3 Dukes in the General.....and Boss, Rosco and Winkle in Rosco's car......went after them. In front of the Boar's Nest they tried to stop them with the old moonshine nutcracker. It was supposed to sandwich the car between theirs but didn't work. It did distract them enough for Daisy to stop them. Rosco arrested the bad guys and the money went to charity. 

I love it Cousin Roger! More! :)

When you Wish Upon a Hogg.....season 7 

Hughie Hogg comes back to Hazzard and the episode begins with 8 quick different scenes of his past Hazzard misadventures. He now brings a pretty assistant named Trixie and two thugs named Barclay and Norris. The gang is planning on scamming Hughie's Uncle Boss and taking over Hazzard County. The first thing they do is put a gas cannister in the General Lee when Bo and Luke are on their way to fish and it puts him to sleep and then the thugs hauled them away, leaving the General there. Daisy found it and told Jesse on the CB. Hughie showed up to Boss and Rosco who gave him a hostile welcome. He put a bug in Boss's office and left a mysterious box with him for safekeeping. After opening it, Rosco convinced him it was Aladin's lamp and when Boss rubbed it, Trixie showed up through thick pink smoke dressed up like a genie. She granted his first wish of putting Bo and Luke in jail, thanks to Barclay and Norris sneaking their sleeping bodies there. Boss then wished for a barrel full of money and got a chest full. Bo and Luke escaped and caught a ride with Daisy and Jesse in his truck, jumping over a moving train to get away from the thugs. The Dukes then turned the tables and caught them and forced them to reveal Hughie's scam. Blinded by greed, Boss signed over everything he owned to get the lamp. The Dukes caught Trixie and forced her to tell Boss the scam but it was too late since he had already signed the papers. Hughie left for Capitol City to file the papers while his gang put Boss, Rosco and Daisy in jail after Daisy helped the boys get away. They jumped Willow Creek to get away from Barclay and Norris. They saved Hughie's life after his van teetered on a cliff and he froze in fear. Boss kicked the gang of 4 out of town but kept the lamp. The episode ended with smoke coming out of the lamp again. 

Strange Visitor to Hazzard.....episode 7

Bo, Luke and Daisy are driving around Hazzard County when Elton Loggins of WHOGG did a special report on all the UFO sightings around lately. Bo and Luke don't believe it but Daisy thinks there is something to it. Before sunrise the next morning, Enos was close to a hovering spacecraft in Skunk Hollow but didn't notice the little alien that got left behind. He went to town and reported the sighting to everybody. Two guys named Mickey and Buck were laying low in Skunk Hollow because they had just robbed a church bingo game in Greenville. Daisy, Luke and Bo showed up near them to pick crabapples. The alien had the ability to transport himself instantly to a nearby spot and he poofed himself into the back seat of the General Lee. Boss and Rosco showed with intentions of turning Skunk Hollow into a money making UFO tourist attraction. Not knowing the alien was in the back seat, the Dukes took him home and befriended their new "L'il Cousin". Enos came to the farm and they introduced him and they tried to hide him when Boss and Rosco showed up but Flash's barking gave him away. He poofed into a tree and then into a patrol car and the Dukes had to save him when he drove away. Mickey and Buck then went to WHOGG and locked Elton, Boss, Rosco and Enos in a closet and broadcast on the radio that aliens were preparing to attack the town because they wanted to rob it blind when folks left. Bo, Luke and the alien went to the radio station and L'il Cousin got knocked out and stolen because the bad guys thought he was worth money. They locked Bo and Luke up too. Jesse and Daisy got there and let the 6 guys out and Elton got on the radio and explained everything. Bo and Luke rescued the alien after he used his laser beam eyes to stop the car. They took him to Skunk Hollow after sunset and his spaceship picked him up with the boys staring at the stars. The other showed up and waved goodbye.

-- Mickey was played by Dennis Burkley. He was Bubba on "Find Loretta Lynn" 

-- The actor in the alien suit was Felix Silla. He was born in Italy and was a circus performer and, in addition to L'il Cousin, played another cousin, Cousin Itt on the Adams Family. 

-- in the back seat of the General Lee when it was flying through the air, Waylon said of the alien, "You gotta feel sorry for him. He figures the whole planet is like Hazzard"

9 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Mickey and Buck then went to WHOGG and locked Elton, Boss, Rosco and Enos in a closet and broadcast on the radio that aliens were preparing to attack the town because they wanted to rob it blind when folks left.

When the bad guys talk about "that radio show years ago... that started a riot", they're more than likely referring to Orson Welles and his 1938 "War of the Worlds" radio broadcast.

6 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

When you Wish Upon a Hogg.....season 7 

Hughie Hogg comes back to Hazzard and the episode begins with 8 quick different scenes of his past Hazzard misadventures. He now brings a pretty assistant named Trixie and two thugs named Barclay and Norris. The gang is planning on scamming Huggie's Uncle Boss and taking over Hazzard County. The first thing they do is put a gas cannister in the General Lee when Bo and Luke are on their way to fish and it puts him to sleep and then the thugs hauled them away, leaving the General there. Daisy found it and told Jesse on the CB. Hughie showed up to Boss and Rosco who gave him a hostile welcome. He put a bug in Boss's office and left a mysterious box with him for safekeeping. After opening it, Rosco convinced him it was Aladin's lamp and when Boss rubbed it, Trixie showed up through thick pink smoke dressed up like a genie. She granted his first wish of putting Bo and Luke in jail, thanks to Barclay and Norris sneaking their sleeping bodies there. Boss then wished for a barrel full of money and got a chest full. Bo and Luke escaped and caught a ride with Daisy and Jesse in his truck, jumping over a moving train to get away from the thugs. The Dukes then turned the tables and caught them and forced them to reveal Huggie's scam. Blinded by greed, Boss signed over everything he owned to get the lamp. The Dukes caught Trixie and forced her to tell Boss the scam but it was too late since he had already signed the papers. Hughie left for Capitol City to file the papers while his gang put Boss, Rosco and Daisy in jail after Daisy helped the boys get away. They jumped Willow Creek to get away from Barclay and Norris. They saved Hughie's life after his van teetered on a cliff and he froze in fear. Boss kicked the gang of 4 out of town but kept the lamp. The episode ended with smoke coming out of the lamp again. 

I love it as always Cousin Roger! Next one! :)

This was a fairly  good one but it started reaching into the " Not really possible" category. I mean, it's not really possible to drive a car the way they do and still have it survive but with a few adjustments to the driving,  economics ( where do they get enough money for all the gas they burn? ETC.) these things could really happen but NOT this Jeanie stuff! Over all it was still pretty good though!

My last post here, made me think, THAT'S the life I would love to have. A simple life, small town, work the farm and grow most of your food and then sell stuff you raise or grow, to buy the rest. This is one of the reasons I love DOH and why I like to " Go to Hazzard " everyday and when I'm waiting in line or around people I don't like, I go to HIMM ( Hazzard In My Mind). Let's face it, in Hazzard, they've got problems, people die etc. but ...well....in Hazzard, it only gets just SO bad.....and no more! :)  Also the people in Hazzard are only the people I WANT to be there!

2 minutes ago, Hobie Harkins said:

This was a fairly  good one but it started reaching into the " Not really possible" category. I mean, it's not really possible to drive a car the way they do and still have it survive but with a few adjustments to the driving,  economics ( where do they get enough money for all the gas they burn? ETC.) these things could really happen but NOT this Jeanie stuff! Over all it was still pretty good though!

Intelligent alien life is a certainty  so I'm going to draw the conclusion that Strange Visitor to Hazzard is most realistic episode in all 7 years of the series. The only thing that wasn't realistic is when L'il Cousin shot the pistol out of Buck's hand by shooting it with his laser beam eyes. Everybody knows that when an alien's laser beam eyes hit a pistol it makes more sparks than that. This was an embarrassing mistake by the writers.....worst blooper ever.

Seriously though, I know what you mean Hobie. I actually enjoyed it a lot this time because I gave myself a little talk and told myself to not take it too seriously. Because I did that, I had fun.

Enos and Daisy's Wedding......season 7 

Boss has 4 bags of money sitting on his desk at the bank and the armored truck is late. He entrusted the money to Enos because he and Rosco had to go to Capitol City to close a big real estate deal. Two robbers named Slade and Jerry broke into the back door and surprised Enos when he was reading his Bugs Bunny Looney Tunes comic book. They forced Enos to carry the bags into their car. Daisy saw him with the bags and tried to be friendly but he told her he was busy. Enos drove away with Slade and Jerry hidden in the back seat and Daisy couldn't see them. The robbers dropped Enos off on a dirt road and got away. The Duke boys picked him up and chased the robbers but they got away. When Boss and Rosco got back to Hazzard they were with an insurance adjuster and when Daisy told them what she saw, they thought Enos stole the 4 bags. When the boys came back to town, Rosco arrested Enos based on what Daisy had said. The Dukes bailed him out later. A Deputy Attorney General (AG) came to town and wanted to come down hard on Enos because the Governor was running for re-election and wanted to use this case to prove he was tough on crime. The AG even pressured Daisy to stick with her story or face prosecution. Back at the farm Daisy got the idea to marry Enos since a wife doesn't have to testify against her husband. The 3 Duke men didn't like the idea but she proposed to Enos in a rowboat and he sealed the deal with a kiss. They went to the courthouse and told Boss, Rosco and Lulu, who were happy and excited. The bad guys and AG found out about the wedding and were upset. Jesse gave Daisy his bride's wedding dress, Daisy's Aunt Lavinia. Enos forgot the rings at the ceremony so Bo and Luke went to his apartment to get them but saw Jerry and Slade leaving right after planting stolen money there. They chased them and when the General's tire got shot out, made a pit stop in tuxedos. The AG interrupted the wedding and then found the planted money and put Enos back in jail. The boys caught up with the robbers and captured them and brought them to jail. The AG apologized and the wedding was back on. Jesse saw Daisy in the dress and emotionally stated "You look just like your Aunt Lavinia". Daisy went outside to see Enos but he had a bad case of hives and wanted to postpone the wedding so they went back in the Boar's Nest and made the announcement. Waylon concluded "As for Enos, now personally, I think that boy could use some help."

1 hour ago, RogerDuke said:

Enos and Daisy's Wedding......season 7 

Boss has 4 bags of money sitting on his desk at the bank and the armored truck is late. He entrusted the money to Enos because he and Rosco had to go to Capitol City to close a big real estate deal. Two robbers named Slade and Jerry broke into the back door and surprised Enos when he was reading his Bugs Bunny Looney Tunes comic book. They forced Enos to carry the bags into their car. Daisy saw him with the bags and tried to be friendly but he told her he was busy. Enos drove away with Slade and Jerry hidden in the back seat and Daisy couldn't see them. The robbers dropped Enos off on a dirt road and got away. The Duke boys picked him up and chased the robbers but they got away. When Boss and Rosco got back to Hazzard they were with an insurance adjuster and when Daisy told them what she saw, they thought Enos stole the 4 bags. When the boys came back to town, Rosco arrested Enos based on what Daisy had said. The Dukes bailed him out later. A Deputy Attorney General (AG) came to town and wanted to come down hard on Enos because the Governor was running for re-election and wanted to use this case to prove he was tough on crime. The AG even pressured Daisy to stick with her story or face prosecution. Back at the farm Daisy got the idea to marry Enos since a wife doesn't have to testify against her husband. The 3 Duke men didn't like the idea but she proposed to Enos in a rowboat and he sealed the deal with a kiss. They went to the courthouse and told Boss, Rosco and Lulu, who were happy and excited. The bad guys and AG found out about the wedding and were upset. Jesse gave Daisy his bride's wedding dress, Daisy's Aunt Lavinia. Enos forgot the rings at the ceremony so Bo and Luke went to his apartment to get them but saw Jerry and Slade leaving right after planting stolen money there. They chased them and when the General's tire got shot out, made a pit stop in tuxedos. The AG interrupted the wedding and then found the planted money and put Enos back in jail. The boys caught up with the robbers and captured them and brought them to jail. The AG apologized and the wedding was back on. Jesse saw Daisy in the dress and emotionally stated "You look just like your Aunt Lavinia". Daisy went outside to see Enos but he had a bad case of hives and wanted to postpone the wedding so they went back in the Boar's Nest and made the announcement. Waylon concluded "As for Enos, now personally, I think that boy could use some help."

Cousin Roger I love it I love it kew kew kew! Only 1 more episode left to do.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

It's unfortunate that they didn't know at the time that the show was going to be cancelled. Maybe if they did they would have changed the ending and had Daisy and Enos marry and gave the show a proper ending in the final episode.

It's funny how some shows have a big finale and others just finish. M*A*S*H and Cheers have the highest US ratings for their last shows, but I didn't expect Magnum to come in a #5 (see this list).

I can think of a couple of UK TV shows that didn't have a definitive ending, which always leaves the door open for another season or Christmas special. UK shows tend to have much shorter seasons compared to shows in the US, but often get an extended episode at Christmas which may or may not be part of the current season.

Opening Night at the Boar's Nest......season 7 

Lulu Hogg is in charge of the annual charity talent show. Bo, Luke and Daisy are driving down the road and practicing singing "Fox on the Run" while Coltrano the Great is practicing his magic act with his assistant Flasho. Meanwhile, Floyd Malone just got out of the state prison after spending three years there when Boss testified against him in a hijacking case. His brother Bubba picked him up in a stolen car and let Floyd drive and the brothers are planning revenge on Boss. The Duke boys got run off the road by Floyd but declined a fight after seeing that he was 7 foot, 3 inches tall. Moments later Floyd almost runs Boss over in town but the General Lee got in the way. The boys chased the Malones but they got away. Boss didn't want to be Rosco's assistant for the show because he had a big real estate deal to close but Lulu said she'd stop cooking for him if he didn't. The Dukes started the show by singing, then Coltrano the Great took the stage with his assistant JD HoggO the Round. He put Boss in a booth and made him disappear. Boss snuck through a trap door in the floor and snuck off to his real estate deal but was quickly gagged and kidnapped by the Malones. Rosco got upset when he couldn't make Boss reappear. Luke figured out who took Boss by noticing the massive footprints. The boys told Lulu and Rosco while Enos was singing, humming and whistling. Rosco didn't believe them but Lulu did and stopped the whole show. The bad guys went atop a cliff but changed their minds about killing him and decided to ask for a million dollars in ransom instead. Bubba called Lulu with instructions so Jesse drove the Cadillac with Lulu and threw a bag of money out while driving down a dirt road. Bo and Luke snuck into the bushes after hanging on the side of the car. The boys snuck in the back of Bubba's newly stolen pick-up truck when he was picking the bag up and went to the hideout where Boss and Floyd were. The boys were overpowered and Floyd shot Boss and the brothers got away. Thankfully, Boss got shot in his thick credit cards and the bullet didn't get through. Daisy showed up with the General and the 3 Dukes and Boss caught the Malones and handcuffed them. The Hazzard folks then went back to the Boar's Nest. They looked through a window and saw Rosco, still frantic and upset. Boss decided to sneak through the trap door and into the booth. The others walked in and encouraged an emotional Coltrano the Great to try again, JD HoggO the Round reappeared. The series ended with a group hug with the 4 Dukes, 2 Hoggs, Enos, Rosco and Cooter. 

-- Kevin Peter Hall (1955-1991) played Floyd. He really was 7' 3" tall. He played Bigfoot in the TV series Harry and the Hendersons and was also the Predator in the Schwarzenegger movie. 

-- The General had a great suspension system. 7 years of jumps and for some reason the writers decided that this last one should be the first one where a jump ever damaged it. 

-- I love the scene on stage where the 4 Dukes sang. The boys played guitars. Jesse played the moonshine jug. Cooter played the washboard. 

50 minutes ago, RogerDuke said:

Opening Night at the Boar's Nest......season 7 

Lulu Hogg is in charge of the annual charity talent show. Bo, Luke and Daisy are driving down the road and practicing singing "Fox on the Run" while Cotrano the Great is practicing his magic act with his assistant Flasho. Meanwhile, Floyd Malone just got out of the state prison after spending three years there when Boss testified against him in a hijacking case. His brother Bubba picked him up in a stolen car and let Floyd drive and the brothers are planning revenge on Boss. The Duke boys got run off the road by Floyd but declined a fight after seeing that he was 7 foot, 3 inches tall. Moments later Floyd almost runs Boss over in town but the General Lee got in the way. The boys chased the Malones but they got away. Boss didn't want to be Rosco's assistant for the show because he had a big real estate deal to close but Lulu said she'd stop cooking for him if he didn't. The Dukes started the show by singing, then Cotrano the Great took the stage with his assistant JD HoggO the Round. He put Boss in a booth and made him disappear. Boss snuck through a trap door in the floor and snuck off to his real estate deal but was quickly gagged and kidnapped by the Malones. Rosco got upset when he couldn't make Boss reappear. Luke figured out who took Boss by noticing the massive footprints. The boys told Lulu and Rosco while Enos was singing, humming and whistling. Rosco didn't believe them but Lulu did and stopped the whole show. The bad guys went atop a cliff but changed their minds about killing him and decided to ask for a million dollars in ransom instead. Bubba called Lulu with instructions so Jesse drove the Cadillac with Lulu and threw a bag of money out while driving down a dirt road. Bo and Luke snuck into the bushes after hanging on the side of the car. The boys snuck in the back of Bubba's newly stolen pick-up truck when he was picking the bag up and went to the hideout where Boss and Floyd were. The boys were overpowered and Floyd shot Boss and the brothers got away. Thankfully, Boss got shot in his thick credit cards and the bullet didn't get through. Daisy showed up with the General and the 3 Dukes and Boss caught the Malones and handcuffed them. The Hazzard folks then went back to the Boar's Nest. They looked through a window and saw Rosco, still frantic and upset. Boss decided to sneak through the trap door and into the booth. The others walked in and encouraged an emotional Coltrano the Great to try again, JD HoggO the Round reappeared. The series ended with a group hug with the 4 Dukes, 2 Hoggs, Enos, Rosco and Cooter. 

-- Kevin Peter Hall (1955-1991) played Floyd. He really was 7' 3" tall. He played Bigfoot in the TV series Harry and the Hendersons and was also the Predator in the Swartzenegger movie. 

-- The General had a great suspension system. 7 years of jumps and for some reason the writers decided that this last one should be the first one where a jump ever damaged it. 

-- I love the scene on stage where the 4 Dukes sang. The boys played guitars. Jesse played the moonshine jug. Cooter played the washboard. 

Cousin Roger I love it like always! :) But I'm sad now cuz the show is over. :(

:previous:

'Opening Night at the Boar's Nest' was written and directed by John Schneider - his first credit in each category for the show and his career.

Thanks for writing these reviews, Roger. It's been a while since I've seen some of the later episodes, so these have acted as good reminders. It's also great to get a different viewpoint and add some background.