Uncle Jesse's episode reviews

Farewell, Hazzard......season 5 

While on their way into town to make the mortgage payment, the 4 Dukes  are run off the road by a helicopter and the General's oil pan gets cracked. The chopper then flew to an abandon barn hideout, where the 2 guys in it called L.S. Pritchard and informed L.S. that the General Lee was disabled and also said that "the last 8 earth core tests were all positive." Back at the courthouse Boss was trying on different wigs and getting ready to be a rich jet setter and is excited that Dallas millionaire L.S. Pritchard has given him a check for a million dollars to buy up Hazzard farmland in the first step to develop New Hazzard-community of the future. He also gets excited when he learns the Dukes didn't make their mortgage payment on time and when they do show up he gives them 3 hours to clear out of the farm. On the way back the Dukes find the 2 guys near their chopper, blowing test holes in the ground. The bad guys hop in the chopper and make an aggressive move toward the Dukes, knocking Daisy down. Her head hits a rock but she recovers quickly. Back at the farm Luke calls the FAA but since the ID numbers on the chopper were fake he can't find out who owns it. Things get pretty emotional and the empty farmhouse looks so sad and Jesse decides it's time to move to Hatchapee where Ben Watley has offered them the use of an 80 acre farm and they would become sharecroppers. Bo isn't really excited about being called the Dukes of Hatchapee. When L.S. Pritchard arrives everyone is surprised that it is a woman. The L and S stand for Lisa Sue. Boss gives her the key to the city and has no idea what her plans really are. We soon learn that she is planning to strip mine the whole county because the chopper pilots discovered high density coal deposits that were close to the surface. She continues to buy up farm land for twice the usual price. After the Duke boys meet L.S. she is flirty with Luke so he makes a move on her while Bo finds a drill bit in the field where Daisy got hurt. Later Luke calls Dallas and figures out the plan to strip mine. The boys go to Hatchapee and tell Daisy and Jesse what is going on and Jesse gets into a fighting mood. Despite the efforts of the Hazzard law and L.S.'s men, Daisy and Jesse make it to the town meeting the next morning and tell the town folks what is going on. Away from town Luke and Bo trick L.S. out of her briefcase and get proof of what she is up to. The chopper chases them as they head to the Boar's Nest and the boys are forced to stage a crash. When the were laying on the ground pretending the be knocked out, the bad guys landed and the Dukes knocked them out. They made it to the meeting and exposed the plan. Boss was so mad at L.S. that he cancelled all the land deals and the Dukes moved back into their farm. 

-- The scene at the empty farm was a tough one. Jesse said that 5 generations of Dukes lived there and he was born there and his wife died there. It was fun to hear about the 3 Dukes being little kids when they arrived and cool to hear about the height notches on the wall. Later when the boys came back to use the phone that was pretty emotional too. 

-- A couple cool Waylon quotes "Them sissies need a chopper to fly" AND "You know, Hazzard is the only place that I know of that needs an air traffic controller for cars." 

13 minutes ago, RogerDuke said:

Farewell, Hazzard......season 5 

While on their way into town to make the mortgage payment, the 4 Dukes  are run off the road by a helicopter and the General's oil pan gets cracked. The chopper then flew to an abandon barn hideout, where the 2 guys in it called L.S. Pritchard and informed L.S. that the General Lee was disabled and also said that "the last 8 earth core tests were all positive." Back at the courthouse Boss was trying on different wigs and getting ready to be a rich jet setter and is excited that Dallas millionaire L.S. Pritchard has given him a check for a million dollars to buy up Hazzard farmland in the first step to develop New Hazzard-community of the future. He also gets excited when he learns the Dukes didn't make their mortgage payment on time and when they do show up he gives them 3 hours to clear out of the farm. On the way back the Dukes find the 2 guys near their chopper, blowing test holes in the ground. The bad guys hop in the chopper and make an aggressive move toward the Dukes, knocking Daisy down. Her head hits a rock but she recovers quickly. Back at the farm Luke calls the FAA but since the ID numbers on the chopper were fake he can't find out who owns it. Things get pretty emotional and the empty farmhouse looks so sad and Jesse decides it's time to move to Hatchapee where Ben Watley has offered them the use of an 80 acre farm and they would become sharecroppers. Bo isn't really excited about being called the Dukes of Hatchapee. When L.S. Pritchard arrives everyone is surprised that it is a woman. The L and S stand for Lisa Sue. Boss gives her the key to the city and has no idea what her plans really are. We soon learn that she is planning to strip mine the whole county because the chopper pilots discovered high density coal deposits that were close to the surface. She continues to buy up farm land for twice the usual price. After the Duke boys meet L.S. she is flirty with Luke so he makes a move on her while Bo finds a drill bit in the field where Daisy got hurt. Later Luke calls Dallas and figures out the plan to strip mine. The boys go to Hatchapee and tell Daisy and Jesse what is going on and Jesse gets into a fighting mood. Despite the efforts of the Hazzard law and L.S.'s men, Daisy and Jesse make it to the town meeting the next morning and tell the town folks what is going on. Away from town Luke and Bo trick L.S. out of her briefcase and get proof of what she is up to. The chopper chases them as they head to the Boar's Nest and the boys are forced to stage a crash. When the were laying on the ground pretending the be knocked out, the bad guys landed and the Dukes knocked them out. They made it to the meeting and exposed the plan. Boss was so mad at L.S. that he cancelled all the land deals and the Dukes moved back into their farm. 

-- The scene at the empty farm was a tough one. Jesse said that 5 generations of Dukes lived there and he was born there and his wife died there. It was fun to hear about the 3 Dukes being little kids when they arrived and cool to hear about the height notches on the wall. Later when the boys came back to use the phone that was pretty emotional too. 

-- A couple cool Waylon quotes "Them sissies need a chopper to fly" AND "You know, Hazzard is the only place that I know of that needs an air traffic controller for cars." 

Cousin Roger a sad episode in some ways. But like others, it prevails with a happy ending of course. The Dukes of Hatchapee eek lol.

Daisy's Shotgun Wedding.....season 5

Pa, Milo and Sledge Beaudry come down from the Tennessee hills and into the Boar's Nest and make a moonshine deal in Boss's office and then go into the bar and start roughing up the customers. Milo then gets a little to physical with Daisy and of course Bo and Luke aren't going to take that and before you know it there is a barroom brawl so bad that it took gunfire by Rosco to stop it. Daisy didn't really want the boys to step in. Earlier in the day she had been complaining that they had been overprotective since they returned from the NASCAR circuit. The boys agree to back off from smothering Daisy but when she catches them looking out the window when Darcy Kincade was dropping her off at night after a date, that is the last straw and she moved into town with her friend Sally Jo. Boss blamed Bo and Luke for all the damages to the Boar's Nest and when he sent Rosco and Enos to the farm with the bill, the boys took off in ultralights, owned by their friends Vern and Skip, who just literally dropped in for a visit. When they come back, Luke has a rough landing and that meant that the ultralights would be staying around a short time for repairs. The Beaudry's go to Boss's house where the moonshine deal turns sour so the Beaudry's lock Boss and Rosco in the closet, take a wad of money, dognap Flash and take off in the sheriff's car. Daisy then decided to return to the farm but before she could get there the bad Beaudry boys kidnapped her and took her to their cabin in the Chatahoochee Hills. Boss and Rosco got out and grabbed a citizen's car and the Duke boys found out about Daisy so all 4 men headed to Tennessee but since the revenuers hadn't found the cabin in 20 years, the Hazzard posse had no luck either. Then Luke thought of the ultralights and they went back for them and got a bird's eye view of the hills, with Jesse trailing behind with his shotgun in the General Lee. Boss got caught in 3 revenuer traps and Rosco got caught in 2 so they weren't much help. A preacher arrived at the cabin for a shotgun wedding but while the ceremony was going on the ultralights swooped in and after a fight the General Lee Charger charged in. The Beaudry's ended up in jail. Rosco was reunited with Flash and the Dukes have a  happy ending in the last episode of historic season five. 

8 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

... there is a barroom brawl so bad that it took gunfire by Rosco to stop it.

After watching my way through 'CHiPs' recently, it's interesting to compare the use of firearms. 'CHiPs' certainly wasn't without humor, but the tone was generally more serious than Dukes due to its focus being on law enforcement issues. Despite this, Barry Baricza was the only officer to draw a firearm in all six seasons (he did it on three occasions). By contrast, firearms and gunfire are quite common in Dukes, even though a couple of the lead characters being banned from using guns.

My observation is by someone from a country where gun ownership is very rare, so maybe no one else noticed.

12 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Daisy's Shotgun Wedding.....season 5

Pa, Milo and Sledge Beaudry come down from the Tennessee hills and into the Boar's Nest and make a moonshine deal in Boss's office and then go into the bar and start roughing up the customers. Milo then gets a little to physical with Daisy and of course Bo and Luke aren't going to take that and before you know it there is a barroom brawl so bad that it took gunfire by Rosco to stop it. Daisy didn't really want the boys to step in. Earlier in the day she had been complaining that they had been overprotective since they returned from the NASCAR circuit. The boys agree to back off from smothering Daisy but when she catches them looking out the window when Darcy Kincade was dropping her off at night after a date, that is the last straw and she moved into town with her friend Sally Jo. Boss blamed Bo and Luke for all the damages to the Boar's Nest and when he sent Rosco and Enos to the farm with the bill, the boys took off in ultralights, owned by their friends Vern and Skip, who just literally dropped in for a visit. When they come back, Luke has a rough landing and that meant that the ultralights would be staying around a short time for repairs. The Beaudry's go to Boss's house where the moonshine deal turns sour so the Beaudry's lock Boss and Rosco in the closet, take a wad of money, dognap Flash and take off in the sheriff's car. Daisy then decided to return to the farm but before she could get there the bad Beaudry boys kidnapped her and took her to their cabin in the Chatahoochee Hills. Boss and Rosco got out and grabbed a citizen's car and the Duke boys found out about Daisy so all 4 men headed to Tennessee but since the revenuers hadn't found the cabin in 20 years, the Hazzard posse had no luck either. Then Luke thought of the ultralights and they went back for them and got a bird's eye view of the hills, with Jesse trailing behind with his shotgun in the General Lee. Boss got caught in 3 revenuer traps and Rosco got caught in 2 so they weren't much help. A preacher arrived at the cabin for a shotgun wedding but while the ceremony was going on the ultralights swooped in and after a fight the General Lee Charger charged in. The Beaudry's ended up in jail. Rosco was reunited with Flash and the Dukes have a  happy ending in the last episode of historic season five. 

Cousin Roger Excellent work! Bring on Season 6! Yeehaa!

8 hours ago, HossC said:

After watching my way through 'CHiPs' recently, it's interesting to compare the use of firearms. 'CHiPs' certainly wasn't without humor, but the tone was generally more serious than Dukes due to its focus being on law enforcement issues. Despite this, Barry Baricza was the only officer to draw a firearm in all six seasons (he did it on three occasions). By contrast, firearms and gunfire are quite common in Dukes, even though a couple of the lead characters being banned from using guns.

My observation is by someone from a country where gun ownership is very rare, so maybe no one else noticed.

Yeah I always thought that was odd for Chips, with it being a cop show, that they rarely drew their weapons.

Recently I've been watching Nash Bridges episodes since I have a free trial of CBS all access. Every episode some bad guy gets killed. Every time that happens I think in real life the cop would be put on about a week paid vacation while the shooting is investigated to see if it was justified. 

43 minutes ago, Spike said:

Yeah I always thought that was odd for Chips, with it being a cop show, that they rarely drew their weapons.

Recently I've been watching Nash Bridges episodes since I have a free trial of CBS all access. Every episode some bad guy gets killed. Every time that happens I think in real life the cop would be put on about a week paid vacation while the shooting is investigated to see if it was justified. 

Hi Cousin Spike. Yep that's probably exactly what would happen in this day and age we live in now. Temporary suspension of said officer.

Lulu's Gone Away.....season 6

After Lulu's car broke down in the country, she was lucky that the Duke boys rescued her because 3 people were lurking nearby, waiting to kidnap her. Lulu insisted she drive the General Lee so the boys wouldn't get a ticket. Rosco started to chase the General after noticing his sister was driving. She jumped the General over a barn and Rosco jumped into it. It appeared to be a barn at least....there was a guy sleeping in a bed inside it and he ended up on Rosco's hood. Lulu drove to the Boar's Nest where she yelled at Boss pretty soundly, complaining that he breaks all his promises. She then wanted to go to a hotel but accepted the Dukes offer to stay at the farm. The two men and woman (Billy Ray, Eddie and Anna Lisa) still wanted to kidnap Lulu and succeed the next day when she was alone at the farm. She unintentionally recorded audio of the crime and the recorder wasn't noticed by the kidnappers. When the Dukes came home they assumed Lulu had returned to Boss but right after that, Boss got a call from the kidnappers, demanding he bring $100,000 in small bills to Sheep Hollow. Jesse then found the audio recording and the 3 younger Dukes talked to Boss in town about the problem but he said he didn't want help. Boss took the money to Sheep Hollow but Rosco showed up and ruined the exchange. The bad trio left with Lulu and the Dukes and Hazzard law then teamed up to look for her. Bo found the trailer but one of the bad guys knocked him out and sent the trailer down a hill but Luke saved him. The kidnappers then demanded $300,000 be brought to Bluebird Canyon but tricked Boss by picking it up in town and not letting Lulu go. Eventually Bo and Luke caught them at the Tri-County Amusement Park. Lulu sat on Anna Lisa while the boys went on long, separate foot chases through the park. They caught them both and Boss and Lulu were reunited. For a brief moment, one of the bad guys got loose from Luke and then Boss got up a head of stream and rammed him like a raging bull. Season 6 is off to a great start!

15 minutes ago, RogerDuke said:

Lulu's Gone Away.....season 6

After Lulu's car broke down in the country, she was lucky that the Duke boys rescued her because 3 people were lurking nearby, waiting to kidnap her. Lulu insisted she drive the General Lee so the boys wouldn't get a ticket. Rosco started to chase the General after noticing his sister was driving. She jumped the General over a barn and Rosco jumped into it. It appeared to be a barn at least....there was a guy sleeping in a bed inside it and he ended up on Rosco's hood. Lulu drove to the Boar's Nest where she yelled at Boss pretty soundly, complaining that he breaks all his promises. She then wanted to go to a hotel but accepted the Dukes offer to stay at the farm. The two men and woman (Billy Ray, Eddie and Anna Lisa) still wanted to kidnap Lulu and succeed the next day when she was alone at the farm. She unintentionally recorded audio of the crime and the recorder wasn't noticed by the kidnappers. When the Dukes came home they assumed Lulu had returned to Boss but right after that, Boss got a call from the kidnappers, demanding he bring $100,000 in small bills to Sheep Hollow. Jesse then found the audio recording and the 3 younger Dukes talked to Boss in town about the problem but he said he didn't want help. Boss took the money to Sheep Hollow but Rosco showed up and ruined the exchange. The bad trio left with Lulu and the Dukes and Hazzard law then teamed up to look for her. Bo found the trailer but one of the bad guys knocked him out and sent the trailer down a hill but Luke saved him. The kidnappers then demanded $300,000 be brought to Bluebird Canyon but tricked Boss by picking it up in town and not letting Lulu go. Eventually Bo and Luke caught them at the Tri-County Amusement Park. Lulu sat on Anna Lisa while the boys went on long, separate foot chases through the park. They caught them both and Boss and Lulu were reunited. For a brief moment, one of the bad guys got loose from Luke and then Boss got up a head of stream and rammed him like a raging bull. Season 6 is off to a great start!

Cousin Roger yep it is! :)

9 hours ago, Spike said:

I don't think I've seen Nash Bridges since the late-90s. I seem to remember it being shown quite late at night (something like 11pm) during the week over here, so I didn't get to watch it every week. I'm sure I enjoyed it at the time, but my only memory of the series is the rather nice Plymouth convertible driven by Don Johnson.

10 minutes ago, HossC said:

I don't think I've seen Nash Bridges since the late-90s. I seem to remember it being shown quite late at night (something like 11pm) during the week over here, so I didn't get to watch it every week. I'm sure I enjoyed it at the time, but my only memory of the series is the rather nice Plymouth convertible driven by Don Johnson.

Cousin HossC... Wasn't Cheech Marin the main character?

13 hours ago, HossC said:

That car is the reason I first watched that show. What's funny is in one of the first episodes Nash tells another character that it's a 1970 'Cuda when it's clearly a 1971. I also liked the Ranchero that Isp. Harvey drove. The old Ford Nash's dad drove in one episode reminded me of the one in Dragnet.

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

What's funny is in one of the first episodes Nash tells another character that it's a 1970 'Cuda when it's clearly a 1971.

From what I've read, it actually was a 1970 model as very few convertibles were made in 1971 (and even fewer with a Hemi). The studio produced six 1970 cars for the show with 1971 front and rear ends, but none had Hemis..