Uncle Jesse's episode reviews

We see the General's odometer...32047.6 miles...neat coincidence since the license plate is CNH 320

I wonder how many miles Bo and Luke would average per year? Their life consisted of working on the farm and going to the Boar's Nest. The only break in the action, was when they had one of their  adventures that put extra mileage on the car...so...

We usually agree Hobie but I wouldn't call Carnival of Thrills goofy. I also will honestly say I'm not all that crazy about it. I was flustered when it came out originally because they ended the first show with that fist fight and I had to wait a week to see the rest. I hated the fight. Even Waylon said "Duke hadn't fought Duke since the war between the States." I was never really crazy about any episode where the Dukes struggled with family unity....Dr Jeckel and Mr Duke was the worst.  

29 minutes ago, Hobie Harkins said:

We see the General's odometer...32047.6 miles...neat coincidence since the license plate is CNH 320

I wonder how many miles Bo and Luke would average per year? Their life consisted of working on the farm and going to the Boar's Nest. The only break in the action, was when they had one of their  adventures that put extra mileage on the car...so...

There's another episode where the odometer says the same so it must be broke. I bet they put about 20,000 on a year. Town was at least 18 miles from the farm. 

22 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

We usually agree Hobie but I wouldn't call Carnival of Thrills goofy. I also will honestly say I'm not all that crazy about it. I was flustered when it came out originally because they ended the first show with that fist fight and I had to wait a week to see the rest. I hated the fight. Even Waylon said "Duke hadn't fought Duke since the war between the States." I was never really crazy about any episode where the Dukes struggled with family unity....Dr Jeckel and Mr Duke was the worst.  

I thought it was goofy because of lines like, " You're just lucky we're in uncle Jesse's house".....then..." You're unlucky because we can always step outside"  Stupid? Silly?  Goofy? It's really a combo of all three. Also, another stupid/goofy thing was Luke was going to ride with him so he could "Keep his eyes on the jump".  They had to do something to involve both of them I guess but it would be easier to make the jump if you lighten the load by NOT having Luke in the car! The fight itself was stupid/goofy.  Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Duke I agree, was one of if not THE worst....although the space alien episode would give it a run for the money!

Edited by Hobie Harkins

11 hours ago, Hobie Harkins said:

They had to do something to involve both of them I guess but it would be easier to make the jump if you lighten the load by NOT having Luke in the car!

The final jump in 'Hooper' had Burt Reynolds and Jan-Michael Vincent in the car, but that was because one of them had to read a boost gauge and activate the boost. As you say, there was no reason for Luke to ride along.

BTW. Jimmie Best was in both scenes (Hooper and Dukes)!

You both are right about Luke in the jump. I suspect the writers were just trying to re-establish family unity. It was odd that everybody supported the jump now but didn't support it before. Nothing has really changed because if you think about it, when they didn't support it before they didn't know about the cut fuel lines. Why would Luke riding along change their minds? That should have made it worse since now 2 Dukes could have been killed. Maybe they knew Dukes can't get killed on their show. 

On 5/27/2020 at 12:27 PM, Hobie Harkins said:

Hey, I don't know where to put this, so I'm just going to put it here. 

Has anybody else had trouble signing in? It actually sent my email 2 notifications to  sign up! Then when  I got to the sight, it  was just the lower part of the logo and on the left, it said " Home".  

No trouble here. 

Enos Strate to the Top....season 3

Deputy Enos Strate has been applying to big city police departments because that has been a secret dream of his and also because he is tired of Boss's dirty tricks. On their annual trip to Atlanta Daisy takes Jesse's picture in front of the Atlanta National bank and (by Duke luck) happens to get bank robbers in the picture. The bad guys follow them to Hazzard in an attempt to get the camera and film. They come to the farm at night but get caught but shoot out tires on all 3 Duke vehicles. Boss fires Enos and hires Cletus. Rosco isn't too happy and even offers to give up part of his pay to keep Enos. The bank robbers kidnap Daisy but don't give her back when the Duke boys deliver the recently developed pictures. Eventually the bad guys get caught and Enos gets a job with the Los Angeles police department, and a big hug from Rosco. At the airport Daisy asks him if he's nervous about flying and he says "I've never flown anything....except a car"

-- This episode has two debutes...Flash and Miz Emma Tisdale 

-- The scene where Enos turns the sign around to show the bad guys that it is quicksand that their car just did an upside down flip in is featured on the opening of every Enos episode. 

-- We learn that Bo was a linebacker in high school. 

-- Boss was in a wheelchair this whole episode because of gout

-- Enos mentioned the hurricane of 1972....I remember Hurricane Agnus. 

-- Rosco was talking about how poor the Dukes are "if money was pole cat perfume you couldn't smell them through a barb wire fence" 

--bittersweet....Enos leaves Hazzard but gets his own show. You know a show is huge when it gets a spin-off. 

Boss was in a wheelchair this whole episode because of gout

That Gout is the real deal! I have to take medicine for mine! 

Boss was in a wheelchair this whole episode because of gout

I knew he was...but  the whole episode??...WOW!! I didn't realize!

Rosco was talking about how poor the Dukes are "if money was pole cat perfume you couldn't smell them through a barb wire fence" 

THAT was a classic! PERFECT!!  :) 

Shucks. We put new floors in so emptied out the living room. I was real careful to mark every wire on the satellite, VCR, TV, Wii and all that other stuff. Now that I've hooked everything back up the VCR isn't working. It's probably something simple but I'm a complicated guy who hates technology (oxymoron?) and I can't figure it out after trying everything. How appropriate that my next episode is Hazzardville Horror.....not being able to see Dukes is horrific. Guess I'll wait for the Mrs to get home. Maybe she can figure it out....

:previous:

I'd love to help, Roger, and I probably could if I was sitting in your living room, but as some US AV connections are different to Europe, I'd only be guessing from here. If your wife can't fix it, feel free to PM me with extra info like the models of the equipment and the cables you're using.

6 hours ago, HossC said:

:previous:

I'd love to help, Roger, and I probably could if I was sitting in your living room, but as some US AV connections are different to Europe, I'd only be guessing from here. If your wife can't fix it, feel free to PM me with extra info like the models of the equipment and the cables you're using.

You see? This is what I'm talking about! Hazzardites sticking together!  Just like a family should!

You probably just got a few wires mixed up, it's real easy to o do when you have alot of things hooked up to the tv. Try chasing the wires from the dvd/vcr to the back of the tv and make sure they are all connected to the right section. Hopefully your DVD/vcr player didn't decide to breakdown. Think there's only one manufacturer that still makes dvd/vcr combo players.

The Hazzardville Horror....season 3

A father-son team disguised as plumbers are stealing silver around Hazzard and melting it into bars with their portable smelter that they have stashed in the basement of a house that has long believed to be haunted. They steal Boss's silver that is in the Boar's Nest and of course he blames the Dukes. Mary Lou Pringle comes to Hazzard to fix up the house (to sell it) that she inherited from Uncle Hezekiah Pringle. When the Duke boys come to the house Luke discovers that the house really isn't haunted and after putting 2 and 2 together realize the silver thieves are hidden somewhere inside. Eventually Luke takes Rosco and Cletus there but the silver is gone and Bo is tied up. Meanwhile, the thieves go to the Boar's Nest to steal more silver.....stuff that Boss just brought from his house to keep safe. After Bo and Luke hop in Cletus's car they catch the thieves.

-- The episode title is likely inspired by the book and movie from the late 70s, The Amityville Horror. 

-- Tammy Wynette sings "Rocky Top" in this one. Season 3 finds Rosco's celebrity spedtrap becoming more active. 

-- I loved the scene where Flash has his paws on the dashboard and when Rosco told him to buckle up for safety he did!

-- Also, classic scene when Rosco's car went under a truck, turning it into a convertible and turning Rosco's hat into a convertible too. 

The episode title is likely inspired by the book and movie from the late 70s, The Amityville Horror. 

Hey, I never thought about this! Wow! Good call!!

-- I loved the scene where Flash has his paws on the dashboard and when Rosco told him to buckle up for safety he did!

This was great! You could tell it was where they reversed the tape of Flash  getting  out of it but I always enjoyed this!  :) 

Also, classic scene when Rosco's car went under a truck, turning it into a convertible and turning Rosco's hat into a convertible too. 

This was hilarious and I thought it made him look really funny as he walked around with it sticking up! LOL!

Edited by Hobie Harkins