Uncle Jesse's episode reviews

On 5/15/2020 at 12:21 AM, RogerDuke said:

I might have missed it but I think that's the only place he was called cousin.....which made me suspect it was a blooper. 

It's like when Boss was trying to get Rosco on the CB to help him get the boys ( I can't remember the season or episode...I never can....:( )  and he was yelling " This is  JP Hogg...!"...that HAD to be a blooper! 

Jude Emery...season 2

-- This episode and RIP Henry Flatt are the only two defective episodes in my 7 year collection. As I recall Henry Flatt is pretty bad so somebody else can write up a review. My Jude Emery started when Cooter was working under Jude's truck so I missed the beginning. 

--Texas Ranger Jude Emery shows up in Hazzard to catch Snake Harmon and his gang. He finds them with Bo and Luke's help but the gang overpowers them. Daisy busts in with that hot red car we've been talking about here lately. Jesse and Cooter were hidden in it ( just like Jude was hiding in the General) and the Hazzard law was not far behind and eventually Snake and his gang are in custody on their way back to Texas. 

--Grady Byrd is in this one again, no Rosco. 

-- This is the one where Daisy says "You're some cowboy Jude" without her mouth moving.

-- When Snake said "Hey Jude" you couldn't help but think of the song. 

-- There were a couple pretty tense scenes in this one....with a rattlesnake and a poison cactus. 

-- Enos mentioned that Daisy is a Methodist. There was another episode where it was mentioned that the Dukes were Methodist and I'm pretty sure those are the only mentions. 

1 hour ago, RogerDuke said:

Jude Emery...season 2

-- This episode and RIP Henry Flatt are the only two defective episodes in my 7 year collection. As I recall Henry Flatt is pretty bad so somebody else can write up a review. My Jude Emery started when Cooter was working under Jude's truck so I missed the beginning. 

Contact Warner Brothers, they replaced my season set that had a defective disc for free. I'll search my email to see if I still have the correspondence and give you the department to contact.

I don't see why not if the disc is defective. At the time I had gotten 3 seasons of DoH as a birthday gift so by the time I got around to watching the season I had with the defective disc about 6+ months passed from the date it was purchased. I couldn't find the email but I think I contacted wb shop, on their website they have a 'contact us' in the customer service menu. 

Return of the Ridge Raiders....season 2

-- This one starts out with a bang when the Ridge Raiders blew up one of Boss's mines because they were mad that Boss is taking money intended for the senior citizens center to use for his Play Pen because he wanted to compete with Hugh Hefner. Jesse has been trying to stop his old buddies because he wants to stop Boss the legal way but they blow up Boss's still next. Recreational equipment intended for the senior center comes into town but the Ridge Raiders hijack the semi because they know Boss is going to use the equipment for his Play Pen. Acting Sheriff Buster Moon arrests Jesse for the hijacking and the Ridge Raiders and Duke boys get together and bust him loose. The boys have a newspaper reporter help them out a little and Boss is forced to give back the equipment. 

--The last time I watched this it was fine but today the last few minutes were messed up. I guess it's not just 2 eps on this disc that have a problem now.

-- The Ridge Raiders made it look like it was 2020, running around with red handkerchiefs over their faces.

--I really love this episode. As I get older myself I can relate to those Ridge Raiders. 

When Snake said "Hey Jude" you couldn't help but think of the song. 

I thought I was the only one who thought that! :)

The Ridge Raiders made it look like it was 2020, running around with red handkerchiefs over their faces.

LOL! I never thought of that! I still think it should've been Ridge Runners and not Ridge Raiders!  I think this was a mess up, whether on purpose or not.

14 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

--The last time I watched this it was fine but today the last few minutes were messed up. I guess it's not just 2 eps on this disc that have a problem now.

Check the disc for any fingerprints or dust. If you have an air can around use open the tray of your DVD player and blow it out a few seconds. Could also be your DVD player is getting worn out too. Have family or friends try out the disc and if it works ok in their player's then you know it's your player that has issues.

Mason Dixon's Girls.....season 2

-- The boys go to pick up a water heater in the General but end up in trouble because it is a box full of marijuana instead. They team up with private detectives, Mason Dixon and girls, but Bo and Luke get caught by the drug dealers on Razorback Mountain and then the two girls get caught too. The dealers leave while all 4 are tied up but they get away and Luke and one of the girls take off after the dealers in hand gliders. This leads to a chase that has it all....lots and lots of gunfire....Boss gets his cigar shot when it's in his mouth.....car wrecks, cars in ponds, hand gliders in hot pursuit....one of Mason's girls driving the General Lee....a fight on top of a big truck load of pot....bombs blowing up the truck.....Boss covered in marijuana...and the drug dealers caught!

--- bad disc again....missed a lot of beginning. Only 2 more eps on it...RIP Henry Flatt and Southern Comfurts...then season 3.

-- This is the only time in 7 years we see Cooter's farm on Jessup Road and his dog Buster

-- how 'bout that Tarzan yell when Bo got kissed!

-- When the girls beat Bo and Luke up then took off their helmets Bo was surprised they were girls. Luke responded "I thought she felt a might soft whilst I was flying through the air" 

--Rosco is back as Sheriff. 

This is the only time in 7 years we see Cooter's farm on Jessup Road and his dog Buster

I thought about that myself. They should've showed him on his farm more!  Hey, if you want, I can see if I can find a DOH DVD set for you...season 2. Then you can watch it better. I can pm you and we can set up send/receive etc.

5 hours ago, Hobie Harkins said:

This is the only time in 7 years we see Cooter's farm on Jessup Road and his dog Buster

I thought about that myself. They should've showed him on his farm more!  Hey, if you want, I can see if I can find a DOH DVD set for you...season 2. Then you can watch it better. I can pm you and we can set up send/receive etc.

Thanks anyways. I'll replace it eventually. 

RIP Henry Flatt.....season 2

Henry Flatt faked his death a year ago because he scammed Boss out of $20,000....which Henry donated to the Capitol City Youth Center. Of course Boss was seeking revenge but Henry figured he'd forget about it if he thought he was dead. Construction workers were making a road and it was supposed to run through the cemetery and by law the bodies had to be checked before being reburied so Henry was worried that all they would find would be bricks in his. Also, Boss wanted to put a housing development in the area. The Dukes found Henry alive and also found out about Boss's greedy plan. They teamed up with Henry, his daughter Gail and an corpse that Henry stole with the intent to pass off as his own body. After playing musical vehicles with the stolen coffin for awhile the Dukes and Henry end up burying the body in the cemetary and due to a technicality Boss couldn't  legally dig it up which ruined his plans. It turned out that the stolen corpse was really a veteran and the folks of Hazzard gave him a fitting military funeral since he had no loved ones. Boss never did find out Henry is still alive.

--I did miss part of this because of the bad disc but not as much as I thought I would. 

-- I loved the scene with Jesse riding Maudeen the Mule while talking on a walkie talkie....Jesse that is...Maudeen still hasn't figured out how to use one. 

--Denver Pyle directed this one. It was a great episode To watch on Memorial Day weekend. 

I thought it was just a bit sad at the last when it showed Henry ( He'll always be Otis the town drunk from Mayberry to me..!) almost crying looking out of the window of the van.

I loved the scene with Jesse riding Maudeen the Mule while talking on a walkie talkie....Jesse that is...Maudeen still hasn't figured out how to use one. 

lol...that's a good one! :) 

Southern Comfurts....season 2

-- The good news is this is the last episode on my bad disc. The bad news is that it is the worst one. It's odd because I thought this one was fine earlier. If anybody gets a chance to check it out maybe you could comment. I only got to see the first 20 minutes. 

-- Jesse's second cousin twice removed, Holly Comfurt and her two kids Lori and John Henry sell their farm for a quarter million dollars. Boss meets her at the Duke farm and starts scheming to sell her some land as an investment but it is really worthless swamp land. Holly showers the Dukes with gifts and is planning on buying a rooming house in Savannah. Their Rolls Royce breaks down and while it is at Cooter's he lends them a car. Lori puts a suitcase in the trunk but when they walked away a drunk stole the car. Since Holly doesn't trust banks she had left the quarter million in the suitcase.......and eventually the Dukes save the day

-- When Bo and Luke looked under the hood of the Rolls Bo said "Uh, it ain't American" 

-- When Jesse was negotiating the land deal and the guy said a quarter million dollars, Jesse passed out (thankfully he was already squatting low). It was pretty funny to see his feet sticking in the air!

--season 3 next....Carnival of Thrills!

:previous:

Bernard Fox, who played Iggins in 'Southern Comforts', was in an episode of MASH that I saw a week or two ago. He played an English major who Hawkeye originally disliked, but then saw he just did things differently. At the end, Hawkeye advises him not to give tea to soldiers with belly wounds as it causes peritonitis. His reply is, "I'll take it up to higher authorities, but I don't know. If it was anything but tea..." (all in his very English voice) :)

4 hours ago, HossC said:

:previous:

Bernard Fox, who played Iggins in 'Southern Comforts', was in an episode of MASH that I saw a week or two ago. He played an English major who Hawkeye originally disliked, but then saw he just did things differently. At the end, Hawkeye advises him not to give tea to soldiers with belly wounds as it causes peritonitis. His reply is, "I'll take it up to higher authorities, but I don't know. If it was anything but tea..." (all in his very English voice) :)

This was a great MASH  show! I've seen him on several different things and he always plays an English Butler or some sort of  cultured type!.....real uppity acting/sounding!  

Carnival of Thrills.....season 3

Bob Dexter crashes in Cedar City while trying a 32 car jump called the Leap for Life in Diane Benson's Carnival of Thrills stunt show that she inherited from her father. The show comes to Hazzard and Diane, with her shady assistant and announcer Carl by her side, signs a paper with Boss stating that Boss gets the Carnival if she can't afford to pay him rental after the show. After running a local race to check out the talent Diane hires  Bo to make the Leap for Life in Hazzard (flirting and challenging his pride helped). The other three Dukes, Cooter, Enos, even Waylon (see below) all think it is too dangerous and that causes problems between them and Bo. It even got so bad that Bo and Luke ended up in a fist fight at the end of the first part of the 2 part episode. Bo moved out of the farm. With the help of an insurance investigator the other 3 Dukes find out that Bob Dexter's car, and the ones before that had been tampered with so they would fail. They race to the Carnival just in time to save Bo and find out that jealous Carl was behind it all. Despite admitting that she was just using Bo he decides to make the jump with Luke as his wing man and the Carnival is saved and poor Boss doesn't get it. 

-- After Bo decided to jump anyways Daisy said "Ain't that beautiful?" Jesse responded "Yea....it's stupid....but it's beautiful"

-- even Waylon thought Bo was crazy with this quote "Back in Hazzard Bo thought he was in heaven. And that's exactly where he might be ending up in a few more hours"

-- We see the General's odometer...32047.6 miles...neat coincidence since the license plate is CNH 320

-- One of the best scenes in the series is where Jesse makes Daisy stop the Jeep and challenges Luke to a fist fight. 

-- To start the show all 4 Dukes were in the General heading to Cedar City. When Bo was driving rough Jesse wondered why they even needed to see a stunt show....lol

-- auto spell check changes fist fight to fish fight....come to think of it a fish fight would be funny

Edited by RogerDuke