Uncle Jesse's episode reviews

7 minutes ago, HossC said:

Also in 'Uncle Boss', Cooter needed a truck big enough to hide Hughie's VW inside, and said that he borrowed it. That's despite it having faded signwriting with Cooter's name on the sides.

I never noticed that! WOW!! That's funny! I guess ol' Cooter's gone schizoid and he borrowed it from himself! LOL! :) 

6 hours ago, HossC said:

I've just spotted Daisy's yellow car making another return in 'Uncle Boss' in season 3. The plot needed Daisy's car to have a trunk for Hughie to plant the moonshine. Apparently, this episode was meant to be shown in the first half of season 2, which also explains why Enos is back from LA (four episodes after leaving).

Wow! That is interesting. Thanks.

That car has some of the longest doors I have ever seen. 

2 hours ago, Spike said:

Think Daisy's car makes another appearance in season 4 episode Goodbye General Lee. If it's not the same one they went and bought another one the same color.

The car the boys bought off of Hobie to replace the General was a pale yellow '74 Plymouth Satellite. It was very similar to Daisy's Georgia car, but a lighter color and a base model without the Road Runner decals. Coy and Vance also turned up in a '74 Plymouth Satellite, but theirs was blue.

Follow That Still.....season 2

-- To open the show ATF Agent Buchanan is about to arrest Hard Luck Jones for a still but the boys use their dynamite arrows to blow it up. "What evidence?" asks Hard Luck! Right away we can tell this is going to be a great episode. Hard Luck tells Jesse he won't do it again....sort of....he amen'ed it. Waylon says "Now how ya gonna say no to Uncle Jesse?" Boss brings in a 30 year old APC (armored personnel carrier) as a war memorial but is really planning on using it for contraband cigarettes. Hard Luck steals it to use for a mobile still. Rosco thinks Luke stole it since he was talking about having one in the Marines. The boys find it but Hard Luck isn't there and Rosco shows up. They get away but the APC breaks down on Duke property. Hard Luck finds it, then Jesse. Luke, Daisy and LB drive around in bulldozers to mimic APC tracks to throw off the law. Bo gets the APC running again and Daisy and Luke jump in on the fly. Thanks to Daisy's sharpshootong....who knew she could fire a big APC gun?....the day is saved.....after the Boar's Nest gets a little scuffed. Agent Buchanan gets Hard Luck a job at a legal distillery which "wasn't much fun but everybody has to grow up sometime" - Waylon

--One of my favorite episodes....top 10...maybe top 5. I loved it when Jesse and Hard Luck were talking inside the APC. They made the shine for each others weddings. 

-- Being a Marine myself I liked hearing about Luke being one too. Hard Luck said the Marines are a lot like moonshiners....the few, the proud....and neither of them don't stay in one place too long. 

--A couple classic scenes....Rosco falling into a big mud puddle on a bicycle and his car getting crushed by the APC. And a classic Rosco line "Freeze Tank!"

-- Boss eating raw liver. It's been a few eps since we've seen that. 

--Hard Luck said his shine is "smoother than honey with twice the sting of a bee"

-- Great episode on this special day. May 11, 2020.....100 years since Denver Pyle was born. 

- Being a Marine myself I liked hearing about Luke being one too. Hard Luck said the Marines are a lot like moonshiners....the few, the proud....and neither of them don't stay in one place too long

Another classic line!

Boss eating raw liver. It's been a few eps since we've seen that. 

Sorrel was a hard core method actor for sure. I liked Rosco's reaction that time..." Raw liver....ugh...!!"  LOL! :) 

-Hard Luck said his shine is "smoother than honey with twice the sting of a bee"

Another great line and true...that's the mark of good shine...no burn....until you feel it in your insides and then it's just nice and warm!

Edited by Hobie Harkins

Treasure of Hazzard....season 2

-- Rosco is away for more training so Lester "Orders is orders" Crabb is in this one. 

An attractive female professor shows up with proof that a union army paybox from 1862 is buried in Hazzard but a nasty older couple shows up too with plans to steal it. They even go so far as ruiining a bridge in the opening scene. Lester told the professor that the Dukes are the only descendants of Hazzard's original settlers so she goes there and Jesse figured out where the paybox might be. The Dukes take her into a swamp to find a map marker where they meet Jeb McCobb, his twin grandaughters and a bunch of gators. They eventually find the paybox but the nasty couple take it at gunpoint. After getting it back the professor agrees with Boss that he can have the money but she's keeping anything else that is in it. She ends up getting a signed letter from Abraham Lincoln and Boss ends with a couple stacks of worthless Confederate money. 

-- In reality those Confederate bills are worth a lot for their historical value. Waylon explains that things were mixed up in Hazzard even back then. Why would the union pay its army in Confederate money? 

-- Boss and Lester tore up the Boar's Nest floor because the Dukes tricked them into believing the treasure was buried there by using a fake map. It was also funny when Lester was not paying attention and throwing dirt on Boss and in his car. 

-- I loved it when Jesse read in the Duke Bible about Caleb Duke coming to Hazzard in the mid 1700s. We learn more about that in season 7.

-- When the professor fell in the water and Bo jumped in and wrestled a gator to save her she got back in the boat and said she'd never been so scared in her life. Luke responded " I don't blame you. After that cute little critter in the water it must have been plum frightening to run into Bo here."

20 hours ago, HossC said:

The attractive female professor was played by Jeannie Wilson, one of only a few guest cast members from the Georgia episodes to return to Hazzard. She was previously the blonde Mary Kaye Porter.

WOW! I thought she had a familiar look! Thanks Hoss! 

Officer Daisy Duke.....season 2

-- Boss fires Daisy from the Boar's Nest after Luke pressures him into giving her a raise. Sheriff Grady Byrd posts a "new directive from Washington" about hiring a female deputy and Enos gets the idea that Daisy should apply. The 3 younger Dukes don't like the idea but Jesse reminds them that Dukes aren't against law and order just Boss and Rosco's version of it. While that's going on a male and female bank robbing duo shows up in town and Grady catches them. Daisy passes all the tests and becomes a deputy but Bo and Luke want to protect her and listen to the police on the radio and get ahead of her, fixing the problems before she gets there. When she finds out she is furious she slams a door at the farm and the camera scene literally shakes. But then she gets tricked and the prisoners escape so Grady fired her. She took off after them anyways but got taken hostage after Enos got hurt. Bo and Luke saved her by stopping the plane at Morgan's Airfield with dynamite arrows. Daisy donated the $10,000 reward. 

-- They made it seem like Grady was a permanent replacement. In fact, he even had a spot in the opening song.

-- Daisy even gave Boss a parking ticket. He tried to bribe her with a ten dollar bill and when she refused he tore it up, thinking it was the ticket!

-- At one point Boss called him "Cousin Grady?" Was that a blooper? 

-- Waylon said "When it comes to fancy driving Cale Yarborough could take a few tips from that girl" (bank robber). I was thinking that he used that line a few episodes ago. 

4 hours ago, HossC said:

:previous:

It's a fun episode, but Enos' line, "This here Equal Opportunities law says that the sheriff's office has gotta open jobs for ladies now, just like regular people." makes it feel very dated.

Good point but of course Enos was certainly not a sexist although Boss did call himself a "male chauvinist hog"....or "Hogg" if you will. The fact remains that men and women are different even though today we are not always permitted to say it. Some cities have literally lowered the bar to get women to be cops. A city near me lowered the fence in the test for officers because women couldn't jump over it. If I was in a wheelchair and someone assaulted me I shouldn't be labeled a sexist by asking for a male officer who has the ability to jump over a fence to catch him. 

3 hours ago, Hobie Harkins said:

At one point Boss called him "Cousin Grady?" Was that a blooper?

Here's something we ought to figure out! .....After all,  Grady was a night watchman and so he was a citizen in Hazzard with a history, but he always seemed like an outsider  trying to sound country...so....

I might have missed it but I think that's the only place he was called cousin.....which made me suspect it was a blooper. 

Find Loretta Lynn....season 2

Rosco sets up a detour that forces Loretta Lynn's RV to stop at the Boar's Nest on the way to the state fair. When leaving, a trio of kidnappers take Loretta and her manager Leona in the RV. Boss and Rosco think Bo and Luke had something to do with it. The polite  kidnappers want 1136.15, the amount that Platter Records tricked them out of. Loretta had nothing to do with Platter but they just figured since she was from Nasville that was close enough. Leona escapes and Bo and Luke find her and take her back to the farm. Then the boys find a trail of Loretta pictures that she threw out the RV window and locate her at the stockyards. The kidnappers tried to get away but Luke jumped on the General's hood and tied it to the back of the RV while moving and the boys saved her. Loretta didnt't press charges and even sang Y'all Come at the Boar's Nest.....best song in 7 years of Dukes.....everybody but Rosco joined in at some point. 

-- Loretta is my all-time favorite female country singer so this is one of my favorite episodes. I just love Southern accents!

-- Daisy's yellow Road Runner is back. Bo scuffs it driving through a hay pile and hitting something on the other side. 

-- When Squirt called and told Rosco to not call the police it took Rosco a second to realize the he was the police.....lol

-- After chasing Jesse and Daisy, who was disguised as Loretta, Daisy said "Does this mean you don't want my autograph Rosco?" Enos had that famous big grin "I do Daisy!" Now that's a boy in love!

In the DVD extra 'Building the Legend: The Dukes Story', Gy Waldron says the following about Loretta Lynn:

When Loretta Lynn came in she had a terrible sore throat. It was the kind of sore throat that if an actor had had it you wouldn't see him for two days. But she's in town, she's going to do a concert with this sore throat and she's going to be on Dukes of Hazzard. And so, she comes in and she sings. And, I just remember thinking that that's a typical coal miner's daughter. "I've come to work, and if I drop in my tracks, that's what I'm here to do."

4 hours ago, HossC said:

And, I just remember thinking that that's a typical coal miner's daughter. "I've come to work, and if I drop in my tracks, that's what I'm here to do."

Great quote from Loretta. Thanks for posting it Hoss. You always provide us with many awesome bits of information......which makes you awesome!

Loretta is my all-time favorite female country singer so this is one of my favorite episodes. I just love Southern accents!

You need to pay me a visit! LOL! Me and a whole bunch of us have  " Sound"!    :)  

Daisy's yellow Road Runner is back. Bo scuffs it driving through a hay pile and hitting something on the other side. 

I like the line right after that, when  Luke says, " When Daisy sees this car, she's gonna pull out all your teeth" and Bo says..., " And gums!"....lol...I always liked that one! ;)

Edited by Hobie Harkins