Coronavirus

RogerDuke

The pandemic has done a number on this historic small town we love to visit several times a year. We stopped there yesterday for the first time since last December. 5 businesses are either closed or will be going out of business. Only the new bar was open for inside dining, the rest of the town's restaurants were takeout only. The town has added a few new picnic tables to help but it's going to be a rough winter for the restaurants there. The town's annual Applebutter festival which is a major influx of cash for the businesses has been cancelled. I hope not but I wouldn't be surprised if next year that town becomes a ghost town.

• 1 month later...

I think another shutdown in Ohio is inevitable now. In the last 4 days the county has had almost a thousand new confirmed covid cases, which is a huge spike compared to the past few weeks even. Local library's have closed to the public again, only doing non contact dropoffs and drive thru pick ups if the library has a drive thru. Most of the local schools went back to online classes. People aren't social distancing as much as they were either, seen a few times of grocery store workers reminding people at the cash registers. Stay safe and healthy y'all.

3 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I sure have been hearing your name a lot on all these virus stories they have been doing on TV......Spike. My wife says their hospital is full so hopefully things will start to slow down. 

:lol:

Covid finally struck at the wife's work, one person confirmed 2nd waiting for the test results. She's now doing 3 people's jobs as they don't want to call any backup in in case the rest of the crew is also infected and just don't know it yet. They would just have everyone tested but due to a major jump in testing before Thanksgiving to travel, tests are hard to come by here.

We're down to 250 new cases today, which is much better than the 1284 peak we had just over a month ago, although still a long way from the single digits we had in June.

I see that millions of people are traveling around the US for Thanksgiving - I can't see that ending well.

1 hour ago, HossC said:

I see that millions of people are traveling around the US for Thanksgiving - I can't see that ending well.

I think a lot of people are just getting tired of being scared all the time. They also see their friends and family getting covid, getting sick a few days and getting back to normal life (like I did). That doesn't mean you can't die from it or cause someone else to die. It's simply like most of life.....risk vs reward. Since the death rate has been (relatively) low they just aren't as concerned as when this thing started in the spring. I'm not saying they shouldn't be. I'm just stating that they aren't. We're having a Halloween spike. We'll have one for Thanksgiving and Christmas too. Human nature can be a tough thing to stop. We're staying home Thursday. 

4 hours ago, Spike said:

:lol:

Covid finally struck at the wife's work, one person confirmed 2nd waiting for the test results. She's now doing 3 people's jobs 

That's what's going on at my wife's hospital. The workers are really pushed hard because they aren't replacing  the sick ones. Her hours have been increased and the work is much tougher. 

13 hours ago, HossC said:

We're down to 250 new cases today, which is much better than the 1284 peak we had just over a month ago, although still a long way from the single digits we had in June.

Is that 250 for your country or just the local area? Lucas county is now averaging 200+ new cases daily and #3 in deaths in Ohio county's. Ohio is averaging over 8,000 new cases daily.

Yeah I don't see the traveling thing ending well either. This one senior lady I did some odd jobs for yesterday said she's got family coming in from a hot spot state, I wished her luck in not catching it. She's already got health issues though not any major ones but takes prescriptions daily.

11 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I think a lot of people are just getting tired of being scared all the time. They also see their friends and family getting covid, getting sick a few days and getting back to normal life (like I did). That doesn't mean you can't die from it or cause someone else to die. It's simply like most of life.....risk vs reward. Since the death rate has been (relatively) low they just aren't as concerned as when this thing started in the spring. I'm not saying they shouldn't be. I'm just stating that they aren't. We're having a Halloween spike. We'll have one for Thanksgiving and Christmas too. Human nature can be a tough thing to stop. We're staying home Thursday. 

Maybe if the media didn't push the covid story's all the dang time. Yes it's a serious disease but I'm sure I'm not alone in getting burned out from hearing about it all the dang time. I barely get through a minute of the news before I turn the channel. I don't remember the avian flu and swine flu getting this much coverage.

Wife and I are staying home too, having a roast instead of a turkey though. 

2 hours ago, Spike said:

Is that 250 for your country or just the local area? Lucas county is now averaging 200+ new cases daily and #3 in deaths in Ohio county's. Ohio is averaging over 8,000 new cases daily.

That's for the whole of the the Republic of Ireland which has a population of just under 5 million.

This is just like AIDS. Is it real? Yes! Is it deadly? Yes! However, it is blown WAAAY out of proportion and there is a good reason for this. You need to take a look at who controls the mass media, the money etc. ( They're all the same the same group of people)   I saw a local commercial by a doctor at a local hospital and he was saying if anyone tells you masks work, they are being played or they are playing you.  A little while later, ( a month?), he was on another commercial saying wear your mask. I guess they got to him. ( We can't have ANYBODY in the medical community stepping out of line, now can we?? ) 

* The COVID-19 virus is .125 microns in diameter.

* A micron is one millionth of a meter.

* The average diameter of a pore in a paper or cloth mask,  is  80-100 microns. 

* This is 600-800 times larger than the COVID virus! 

* Wearing a mask to fight this, is like building a chain link fence in your yard, to keep mosquitos out! 

* You don't quarantine healthy people, you quarantine sick people!  When this is all over ...remember my prediction here/now!.....When all this is over, there will be a backlash of people flooding hospitals, sick....because quarantining and wearing masks, LOWERS your immune system's defense capabilities and makes you MORE susceptible to contract the disease! MARK MY WORDS AND WAIT AND SEE!  

DO YOU GET IT??? OR JUST THINK YOU DO???

* It's called controlling the cattle ( the dumb Goyim)

7 hours ago, Spike said:

Maybe if the media didn't push the covid story's all the dang time. Yes it's a serious disease but I'm sure I'm not alone in getting burned out from hearing about it all the dang time. 

There's a saying in economics, the more you have of something, the less it's worth. I think you are on to something Spike. We get lectured so much we've stopped taking the warnings seriously because there are so many of them that they have lost their worth. Adults are no different than kids. If you yell at your kids constantly they stop taking you seriously. If you rarely yell, they really listen when you do. 

Well lucas county is going to purple level? whatever that means. So the schools are going back to online classes, library's are closed, restaurants and bars closed to indoor dining, outside dining still allowed if you don't mind freezing your butt off. Even the parks are limiting people again, one I went too yesterday blocked some of the parking lots off. Looks like it's going to be a long month.

It will be interesting to see how they give the vaccines and who will get them after health care workers and folks in nursing homes. Already folks in poor neighborhoods are complaining that folks in rich neighborhoods will get them first. I understand why they feel that way but my question would be....Why would it be fair that folks in poor neighborhoods get it first? They are no better than rich people.  It should be decided on risk factor, not income. It's spreading like wildfire in the suburbs too.

13 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

It will be interesting to see how they give the vaccines and who will get them after health care workers and folks in nursing homes. Already folks in poor neighborhoods are complaining that folks in rich neighborhoods will get them first. I understand why they feel that way but my question would be....Why would it be fair that folks in poor neighborhoods get it first? They are no better than rich people.  It should be decided on risk factor, not income. It's spreading like wildfire in the suburbs too.

Same here too Roger. I say let the senior citizens and high risk individuals get the vaccines first, after first responders, nurses doctors and nursing home residents, no matter if they're rich or poor. Problem is going to be the anti-vaxxers, the people who still think this disease is fake and the aluminum foil hat wearers that think the vaccine is going to have a gps tracker won't get the vaccine so we're probably going to have to wear masks for at least another year.

The virus is not fake, people have died, etc. The pandemic, however,  is B.S. All this entire thing is, is a different strain of the Influenza ( Flu) virus.  The flu kills people every year! The flu makes people very sick every year! You don't hear about it, because it's " Normal". What's NOT normal, is this new strain, that there's no vaccine for....give it a few more minutes....It's all a case of politics, going rogue and turning something simple into something complex, for political reasons. Like I've said before, it's all about control!

I think a lot of people are just getting tired of being scared all the time

Oh!! Well, that's where the " Fun" is, for those who control us!  Keep the cattle agitated. Keep the cattle worried, scared etc. Have you ever noticed, that it's always something? Aids! Global Warming! Pedophile Priests! And on and on it goes......ad infinitum! With no end in sight! Do you see what they're doing to the mindless masses, the  Goyim....or  do you THINK you see? All this  stuff is real, but incredibly exaggerated! FOR A REASON! If you know anything about livestock, think about what happens to your livestock if  they are in a constant state of agitation, stress, etc. Are you starting to understand?  We are, after all, no more than animals to them!

Edited by Hobie Harkins

My wife just found out that the hospital where she works is going to quickly convert their intensive care unit to an all covid unit because they just can't handle all the cases anymore where they currently are. This means she is going to have to wear one of those space suits all day and most of her work days are 12 hour shifts. I keep encouraging her to check into retirement. She has 41 years there. She likes her job though.....but not lately as much as before covid. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/4/2020 at 1:59 PM, RogerDuke said:

My wife just found out that the hospital where she works is going to quickly convert their intensive care unit to an all covid unit because they just can't handle all the cases anymore where they currently are. This means she is going to have to wear one of those space suits all day and most of her work days are 12 hour shifts. I keep encouraging her to check into retirement. She has 41 years there. She likes her job though.....but not lately as much as before covid. 

Thankfully my wife isn't going to be in a covid unit. The area she is in will turn into a covid unit but her intensive care unit is moving to a different area....false alarm. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the government announced today that we'd continue the current full lockdown until at least March 5th. That means only essential stores open, no schools, no travel and no haircuts! They're increasing checkpoints, increasing fines for traveling more than 5km from home, and forcing people arriving in the country to quarantine.

4 hours ago, HossC said:

Well, the government announced today that we'd continue the current full lockdown until at least March 5th. That means only essential stores open, no schools, no travel and no haircuts! They're increasing checkpoints, increasing fines for traveling more than 5km from home, and forcing people arriving in the country to quarantine.

Remind you of any other  countries at another time?