Coronavirus

RogerDuke

1 hour ago, RogerDuke said:

Another bad turn. I have covid-19 now. I started getting symptoms last night but it's in full gear now. I'm sitting here on the hottest day of the year and I'm all bundled up like it's winter. I haven't done anything all day and I feel like I've just ran a marathon. I have a cough and upper respiratory congestion but it's not too bad. The health department said it's safe to say I have it and a test isn't required under these circumstances. So, statistically I'm in the "probable" category even though I clearly have it. 

Praying for you and your family buddy.

4 hours ago, HossC said:

My uncle tested positive for covid-19 earlier this week, although my aunt was negative. Apparently, they've been pretty careful, but did meet up with my cousin's family recently.

That sounds like what happened to us. It really doesn't matter how careful you are. If the people around you aren't careful you are in the danger zone too. I wish him well. Please keep me posted as to how he's doing. 

My wife is practically fully recovered but I've taken a turn for the worse. Last night I started to develop chest congestion and it got bad fast. My cough is only moderate but my chest is real heavy....just hoping to stay out of the hospital at this rate. I hope it doesn't get worse. This is day 7 and I only had mild chest congestion the first 2 days so I thought I had dodged that bullet but Covid is a real trickster. Chest congestion is the most dangerous part of this thing so the big challenge is here. 

We both had really great days today but at midnight my wife started having severe abdominal pains and we had to call an ambulance. That was her first ambulance ride in her life. I'm just sitting here waiting for a call. It could be gall bladder, blocked intestine, covid related or none of the above. I'm still under quarantine so I doubt they'll let me pick her up if they release her. 

4 hours ago, HossC said:

I spoke to my brother last night, and he tells me that my aunt and uncle's condition is improving.

That's good news Hoss. They ran a few tests and couldn't find anything wrong with my wife. They also said it's not covid related. That seems like a pretty weird coincidence. Nothing like this has ever happened to her in her life and it just happens to occur as she is recovering from covid?! Sounds like too much of a coincidence but I suppose it is possible. She is home and has no more pain. Maybe our family doctor will have some ideas. She is calling him this afternoon. 

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 8:42 PM, RogerDuke said:

She didn't have a very good day but we're hoping for a better one tomorrow. I'm trying to decide if I should call Doc Appleby or Doc Petticord. Which one do you folks think is best?  I'm still symptom free for now. 

Hi Roger, new member here, but I've been lurking for years so I feel like I already know you.  I hope you and you wife get better soon.

To answer your question: I was going to suggest Doc Petticord since he attended to the hog cholera of '43.  But, then I remembered that he can't tell the difference between poison ivy and bubonic plague, so you better go with Doc Appleby.

On 7/24/2020 at 6:05 PM, RogerDuke said:

My wife is practically fully recovered but I've taken a turn for the worse. Last night I started to develop chest congestion and it got bad fast. My cough is only moderate but my chest is real heavy....just hoping to stay out of the hospital at this rate. I hope it doesn't get worse. This is day 7 and I only had mild chest congestion the first 2 days so I thought I had dodged that bullet but Covid is a real trickster. Chest congestion is the most dangerous part of this thing so the big challenge is here. 

I'm sorry to hear your family has COVID-19, Roger. I've known a few others who've had it and they say that about a few days to a week in, you start to feel like you're getting better and then it just slams you. I hope you and your family get over it real soon.

Just about everyone in my family is at high risk due to diabetes and autoimmune diseases, so none of us have seen each other in months except through photos and phone calls. I have a procedure coming up next month to check if I'm still cancer free, so I have to get COVID-19 tested several days before the procedure.

Just now, Meadowmufn said:

I'm sorry to hear your family has COVID-19, Roger. I've known a few others who've had it and they say that about a few days to a week in, you start to feel like you're getting better and then it just slams you. I hope you and your family get over it real soon.

Just about everyone in my family is at high risk due to diabetes and autoimmune diseases, so none of us have seen each other in months except through photos and phone calls. I have a procedure coming up next month to check if I'm still cancer free, so I have to get COVID-19 tested several days before the procedure.

Now we found out our niece has it too. We suspect a lot of family members did but they have all recovered from their cold-like symptoms so it looks like things are improving. My wife goes back to work tomorrow and I'm officially off quarantine tomorrow too but I'm still avoiding anybody else for another week just to be safe. Besides, I'm retired now and don't have to go anywhere. While things are improving for my family I feel the pain of other families that are just getting started. Keep us updated MM on your test. 

Just now, RogerDuke said:

Now we found out our niece has it too. We suspect a lot of family members did but they have all recovered from their cold-like symptoms so it looks like things are improving. My wife goes back to work tomorrow and I'm officially off quarantine tomorrow too but I'm still avoiding anybody else for another week just to be safe. Besides, I'm retired now and don't have to go anywhere. While things are improving for my family I feel the pain of other families that are just getting started. Keep us updated MM on your test. 

I probably won't be tested until mid-August (my procedure's on the 20th). I'll let you know how it goes, though.

On 7/29/2020 at 1:06 AM, Meadowmufn said:

My brother has had medical issues throughout his life, and had half been expecting to be told to stay at home and isolate. He never was, and has been working in a food store serving the public since lockdown started. Some of his colleagues are only just starting to return to work now.

I hope all goes well for you next month, MM.

11 hours ago, HossC said:

My brother has had medical issues throughout his life, and had half been expecting to be told to stay at home and isolate. He never was, and has been working in a food store serving the public since lockdown started. Some of his colleagues are only just starting to return to work now.

I hope all goes well for you next month, MM.

Thanks. My oncologist is cautiously optimistic that I'm still cancer free.

• 1 month later...

Just to follow up... I got the final pathology report from my procedure. It says "no neoplasm identified". I'm pretty sure that means I'm still cancer free. Yay! I have a follow up with my doc on the 23rd to go over everything. I have an echocardiogram coming up on Monday and I think after that, hopefully, that should be the last of the medical tests/procedures for the rest of the year.