Coronavirus

RogerDuke

Pennsylvania has a mandatory mask in public rule but now that I'm retired I haven't been anywhere. According to my wife, before the rule came out in place over a week ago only about 10% of the people in stores wore masks. I'm starting to think that Major League Baseball is done for the year. 

Thanks for posting the link Hoss, using a smartphone to get online has it's limitations, especially the small screen.

The governor waffled on his mandatory masks rule yesterday :lol:, says now nobody will be forced to wear them but he recommends you do. Typical inflatable wailing arm tube man politician. 

Just when we needed the local farmers markets to open all but one has had the opening days postponed until June. Just the main one downtown is open now, only issue is you got to get there early before the trouble makers wake up and decide to choose your car to break into.

The only way I see stick and ball sports playing is to empty stadiums until a vaccine is readily available. MLB I think was mulling the idea to play the season in the small spring training fields. 

1 hour ago, HossC said:

:previous:

I wouldn't complain too loudly, Spike. Our gas is at the lowest it's been for ages, and it's still about €1.28/liter. That works out at about $5.26/gal!

Pennsylvania has the highest gas taxes in the US (or we used to....I think we still do) so we never got under $2. 

12 hours ago, Hobie Harkins said:

I got gas for 79 cents a gallon yesterday ( My wife works at Krogers and we have gas points...so...40 cents off!!)

Those are Hazzard County prices! Speaking of that, I'm in the middle of season 2 and there are still gas pumps at the Boar's Nest. A distant memory bell is ringing here. Wasn't somebody here awhile ago wondering when the pumps disappeared?  

1 hour ago, RogerDuke said:

Those are Hazzard County prices! Speaking of that, I'm in the middle of season 2 and there are still gas pumps at the Boar's Nest. A distant memory bell is ringing here. Wasn't somebody here awhile ago wondering when the pumps disappeared?  

Yes they were but I can't remember who …..or when....

• 2 weeks later...

Some of Ohio's conspiracy theorists were busy spreading their theory's this weekend on a fishing/hunting forum I frequent. Some of the stuff I read on there :spin: :lol:, some of them need some tinfoil hats. Don't believe everything you read or see on the internet about coronavirus especially if it's not from a medical professional.

Let's try this again since chrome crashed while I was typing...

Gas is back up to $2 here already. Figures since the governor is allowing non essential businesses to open back up this week. Restaurants will be allowed to open outdoor dining areas this week and indoor dining next week as long as they follow the new guidelines. Though I don't know how the small diners will be able to as they don't have the space. For instance the one I frequent would have to remove all the tables in the middle and block off half the booths and counter stools. That would only leave them 18 guests if they maximize booth seating. Gonna be a tough year for small family owned diners and restaurants.

5 hours ago, Spike said:

Gonna be a tough year for small family owned diners and restaurants.

Not just them but all small consumer based businesses. Just because a place is open doesn't mean the customers will show up. A lot of people will because they are just itching to get out but a lot won't because they'll wait to see if this reinfection thing will be bad. 

On 5/11/2020 at 1:10 PM, RogerDuke said:

Not just them but all small consumer based businesses. Just because a place is open doesn't mean the customers will show up. A lot of people will because they are just itching to get out but a lot won't because they'll wait to see if this reinfection thing will be bad. 

Then there's the lost business from the ones that refuse to wear a mask in a business that mandates it and "won't ever shop there again" :rolleyes:. I personally don't have a problem with wearing a mask in a business especially if it makes the employees feel better. The comic shop I go to is asking for the customers to wear masks while inside the shop and if the customers don't want to they are offering curbside pickup. 

Well since Ohioans couldn't follow simple social distancing rules this past weekend some bars and restaurants might get closed down again. On top of that the governor is going to increase policing of those businesses for a short time. 

Still can't understand the logic in opening bars and restaurants but still keeping the campgrounds closed :wacko: . Though some of the privately owned ones I heard are opening. 

I feel for this country when this young "it's all about me, me, me." Generation gets into power. Some of the interviews the news shown yesterday from some places where they were packed in like sardines in a can just makes you shake your head. One kid even said "if I get it(covid 19) I'm gonna make sure everyone gets it" :wacko: He obviously has no respect for anyone else's life. I pray the people in that generation that don't have that 'it's all about me' mentality out number the ones that do otherwise this country will be headed down a dark path.

• 1 month later...

I'm starting to get a little nervous. Our daughter and her family left this morning after spending a week here and everybody felt fine. It wasn't too long after they left that my wife started coughing and went downhill quick. She developed a fever and chills. She's going to call the doctor in the morning to see about a test. We're in northwest Pennsylvania and they came from northern Virginia so neither are hot spots but that doesn't give us a lot of comfort. 

On 7/16/2020 at 12:55 AM, RogerDuke said:

I'm starting to get a little nervous. Our daughter and her family left this morning after spending a week here and everybody felt fine. It wasn't too long after they left that my wife started coughing and went downhill quick. She developed a fever and chills. She's going to call the doctor in the morning to see about a test. We're in northwest Pennsylvania and they came from northern Virginia so neither are hot spots but that doesn't give us a lot of comfort. 

Bad news. My wife has it. I don't have any symptoms yet but we're both under quarantine for at least 2 weeks. 

3 hours ago, HossC said:

Roger, I forgot to ask how your daughter and her family are doing.

Thanks for asking. The situation has gotten worse. I have twin daughters (actually step daughters). They have husbands and five kids total. Add my wife and I and it totals 11 people. We were all together a week ago and now 7 of the 11 are sick. I'm still fine but I was being more careful than the others. A lot of people are starting to say that everybody will get this eventually unless they develop a vaccine and that presents a whole other set of questions. The big question is: can you get it again? Definitely unchartered territory. 

Another bad turn. I have covid-19 now. I started getting symptoms last night but it's in full gear now. I'm sitting here on the hottest day of the year and I'm all bundled up like it's winter. I haven't done anything all day and I feel like I've just ran a marathon. I have a cough and upper respiratory congestion but it's not too bad. The health department said it's safe to say I have it and a test isn't required under these circumstances. So, statistically I'm in the "probable" category even though I clearly have it.