Coronavirus

RogerDuke

1 hour ago, Hobie Harkins said:

I I'd  hug the stuffin' out of the Muffin' if she was around here! I missed ya! :)  

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Take a number and wait your place in line. 

2 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Take a number and wait your place in line. 

Aww, shucks.

I've missed you guys, too. Work has been unbelievable lately. People leaving in droves and they're not hiring other folks to help and so our workload keeps increasing and our workforce keeps shrinking. A lot of people sick from stress. I'm looking for another job because I can't stand this much longer.

Well here in Ohio the governor basically said Shelter in place which started midnight this morning. My wife's work is one of the business's not shutting down because they are making some kind of doohickey for Hospitals though after they fill their latest order the boss might shut it down for a week or two. We've taken some time off working for my cousin since one of the businesses we clean the employees travel all over the world and we just don't feel safe cleaning the offices at this time. 

Saturday we had to go to 4 stores just to fill this week's grocery list :wacko: The last stores that were open for 24 hours in town finally scaled back their hours to just 12 hours a day to mitigate the panic buying. Sad part is even though stores are limiting certain products to 1 or 2 per customer people are still finding ways around that by either going in multiple times or using their kids or hitting all the stores for the same product. I was chatting with one store employee when we were waiting in line for the store to open and we were talking about the milk panic buying the other day and one of the panic buyers happened to chime in saying they needed all that milk for their business, then it got kind of ugly with the crowd so the topic got changed to calm things down. Hopefully with this shut in order maybe the stores can restock their shelves.

Stay safe and Healthy everyone. Thank god we all have Hazzard county to escape too every once and a while.

Forgot to mention if you haven't heard the news already, WWE streaming network is free for everybody for the next few weeks so if there's any classic Wrestlemanias or Summer Slams or even the old Saturday Night Main Event's you want to re-watch now's your chance. You don't need to an account or to even set up an account. Just download the app to your phone or smart tv and get to watching.

19 hours ago, Spike said:

Forgot to mention if you haven't heard the news already, WWE streaming network is free for everybody for the next few weeks so if there's any classic Wrestlemanias or Summer Slams or even the old Saturday Night Main Event's you want to re-watch now's your chance. You don't need to an account or to even set up an account. Just download the app to your phone or smart tv and get to watching.

Geuss the article I read was wrong about not needing an account. It's still free but you need to sign up to watch. CBS All Access is also offering a free month trial now thru April 23rd https://mobile.twitter.com/SirPatStew?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twgr^393535353b636f6e74726f6c&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-5771992611757325403.ampproject.net%2F2003101714470%2Fframe.html . You will have to sign up for that as well.

We've gone into full lockdown here since last night. I was still working roughly as usual until yesterday, but then our leader announced tighter controls, and I got a text from work saying that we'd be closed for a couple of weeks.

Here are some of the restrictions:

Members of the public must stay at home in all circumstances, except:

• Travelling to and from work where work is an essential health, social care or other essential service that can't be done from home.
  • To shop for essential food and household goods or attend medical appointments and collect medicines.
  • For vital family reasons such as providing care to children, elderly or vulnerable people but excluding social family visits.    
  • To take brief physical exercise within 2km of your own home, as well as for farming purposes and food production.

Now I have time to do projects around the house, but all the stores are closed, so I can't buy the things I need to do them!

Supermarkets are now limiting the number of customers allowed inside, and people have to queue outside at two meters apart until they're let in. Having said that, eggs and pasta were the only products noticeably out of stock at the store I visited today.

I hadn't heard that. Even though he  isn't known by everybody I bet he is the first celebrity to lose his life to it. It's a bit strange that a song about dying was his biggest hit. This has gotten  pretty serious. I'm concerned about my wife working in intensive care. Numbers are increasing here. I won't be going back to my job before my retirement date of April 15 so I'm officially retired now because of this. 

Edited by RogerDuke

3 hours ago, Hobie Harkins said:

We have a paper in our car that gives us permission to be out and about, because my wife works at a grocery store and is considered " Essential". 

I'd say that food is pretty essential. Since my wife works in a hospital they gave her a paper too. I'm worried about her but I also know that the Boss upstairs is in charge.....and I'm not talking about JD. 

26 minutes ago, RogerDuke said:

I'd say that food is pretty essential. Since my wife works in a hospital they gave her a paper too. I'm worried about her but I also know that the Boss upstairs is in charge.....and I'm not talking about JD. 

Well, if He is, he's been doing a crappy job so far....Hospital, grocery,....not much else matters other than that

to keep you going.

Edited by Hobie Harkins

Heard on the news earlier that Ohio Governor is thinking about closing the border with Michigan. I don't know how the heck he can do it as there is so many roads that cross the border and even then someone could just cross the Michigan/Indiana border and come into Ohio that way. 

I still haven't had a full nights sleep in weeks even though I've stopped watching the news except for a quick 15 minutes in the morning and that's just mainly to hear what the weather will be for the day. I got to find some way to get a full 7+ hours of sleep in. 

Grocery shopping here is becoming hit and miss with all the crazy panic buyers. Saturday for instance the Butter section was completely emptied, one of the employees said Friday night people came in and grabbed as much butter as they could. And Toilet Paper, if you don't get there when the stores open and make a mad dash to that aisle you're not getting any. 

I can't wait for this insanity to end...

On 3/30/2020 at 4:33 PM, Hobie Harkins said:

How are you doing Muffin'? 

We're ok here still so far. In our morning meeting for work (almost everybody except those with essential business in the office are working from home), someone mentioned that we're starting to flatten the curve here in Washington. Hopefully, the rest of the country will be following right behind us soon.

So far, I don't personally know anyone who has gotten COVID-19 (at least not a confirmed case, just suspected cases that they recovered from) and I hope it stays that way!

Y'all stay safe and healthy.

That's good to hear you guys. Same goes for me too, none of my family or friends have it yet but according to the local news the ZIP code I live in has the highest cases in the county. Needless to say the wife and I are going to take some extra precautions when we go grocery shopping this weekend.

We tried going for a walk in one of the nearby parks today but couldn't because they were full so we just came back home and took a stroll through the neighborhood. Even though the playgrounds are closed that didn't stop people from going under or over the caution tape so it probably won't be long before the parks will be closed to everyone. 

Even though the governor hasn't banned fishing state wide yet it isn't stopping some city's and towns from banning fishing in their jurisdictions. Fremont has banned fishing till further notice, said fishermen will only get one warning and after that they will get fined. So get out while you can if you enjoy fishing. 

Stay healthy.

It's good to hear you're doing well Muffn' but I'd step up my hunt for another job, if I were you, because the place I used to work for, never replaced anybody, when they quit or got fired and they were out of business in just a few years. THAT'S why they never replaced anybody! They saw that their business wasn't doing well and they kept costs down and saved money by not hiring anybody. After a while, they had just a handful of ppl and then they just closed.

6 hours ago, Hobie Harkins said:

It's good to hear you're doing well Muffn' but I'd step up my hunt for another job, if I were you, because the place I used to work for, never replaced anybody, when they quit or got fired and they were out of business in just a few years. THAT'S why they never replaced anybody! They saw that their business wasn't doing well and they kept costs down and saved money by not hiring anybody. After a while, they had just a handful of ppl and then they just closed.

Well, you've probably done business with the company I work for (I'm a hardware engineer), they currently employ over 800,000 people (and hiring in other areas as fast as they can), and many people are ordering essentials through their website right now, so I doubt they'll close down. ;) I'm sure they'll eventually hire more people for my team, but not before more people leave with a lot of domain knowledge. Which is kind of ridiculous because the team I'm on tests all the hardware that the website and other company services runs on and is arguably the most important team in the company.

9 hours ago, Meadowmufn said:

Word is, we're starting to flatten the curve here in Washington. I hope that continues and the rest of the country follows suit soon.

New York City is predicting the curve to flatten in a week so we're probably looking at 2 weeks. It's always encouraging to see a little light but unfortunately lots more will still die before this is all over.