Streets of San Francisco

MonacoMan

I’m currently going through the 70s crime drama The Streets of San Francisco. Tonight I’m getting ready to watch the Season 2 episode “Winterkill”, from late 1973. One of the guest stars is Denver Pyle—without the beard, lol! I’m just starting it so don’t know yet if he’s good or bad...but I always enjoyed his guest spots on Perry Mason, and he played a variety of good & bad characters on there. ;)

12 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I hope he's good in it! Let me know.I remember watching that show. It was pretty good. My mom really liked it too. 

He was a jerk at first...but ultimately changed and was good at the end. :tup: He is so engrained in my mind as ‘Uncle Jesse’ that it’s always strange, but also interesting to see Denver in other roles. 

1 hour ago, MonacoMan said:

He was a jerk at first...but ultimately changed and was good at the end. :tup: He is so engrained in my mind as ‘Uncle Jesse’ that it’s always strange, but also interesting to see Denver in other roles. 

It's the same for me when I see Sorrell Booke's cameo appearances in 'M*A*S*H'. Even though he's dressed as a general, part of me wonders what Boss Hogg's doing in Korea.

Growing up I watched him on Andy Griffith. Later I used to watch him on Grizzly Adams with his mule #7. To this day when I pull into a gas station and happen to end up on the #7 pump I think of Uncle Jesse and the way he used to say "number seven" (even though he wasn't named Jesse in Grizzly Adams). I'm sure I saw him on lots of other things but only remember 3 of them well. At 59 I'm the same age that Jesse was when Dukes began so I suppose it's time for me to start growing the hair longer and growing the beard longer. Currently my hair never gets longer than two inches before my wife buzzes it and I shave once a month so the beard never gets that long. My hair only has a little grey by the ears and my beard is only about 30% gray so unfortunately I couldn't look like him if I wanted. My voice is kinda deep so I can sound a little like him. Just waiting to get a little more grey and get that old white Ford truck. In a few years I'll be him.

On 12/20/2019 at 1:17 PM, HossC said:

It's the same for me when I see Sorrell Booke's cameo appearances in 'M*A*S*H'. Even though he's dressed as a general, part of me wonders what Boss Hogg's doing in Korea.

Lol! Sorrell Booke’s episode of the original Hawaii Five-0 was pretty intense...not Boss Hogg, for sure! He also has a guest spot on Streets of San Francisco, but I haven’t gotten to it yet. I think Denver only had this one guest appearance on “Streets”. 

Edited by MonacoMan

On 12/20/2019 at 8:23 PM, RogerDuke said:

Growing up I watched him on Andy Griffith. Later I used to watch him on Grizzly Adams with his mule #7. To this day when I pull into a gas station and happen to end up on the #7 pump I think of Uncle Jesse and the way he used to say "number seven" (even though he wasn't named Jesse in Grizzly Adams). I'm sure I saw him on lots of other things but only remember 3 of them well. At 59 I'm the same age that Jesse was when Dukes began so I suppose it's time for me to start growing the hair longer and growing the beard longer. Currently my hair never gets longer than two inches before my wife buzzes it and I shave once a month so the beard never gets that long. My hair only has a little grey by the ears and my beard is only about 30% gray so unfortunately I couldn't look like him if I wanted. My voice is kinda deep so I can sound a little like him. Just waiting to get a little more grey and get that old white Ford truck. In a few years I'll be him.

I’ve seen Denver Pyle on lots of different things in the past, but despite how much I love Uncle Jesse, I’m not into white or gray hair—shaggy or short. ;) I’ll be like Robert Redford and dying my hair at 80, lol! :p 

15 hours ago, MonacoMan said:

despite how much I love Uncle Jesse, I’m not into white or gray hair—shaggy or short. ;) I’ll be like Robert Redford and dying my hair at 80, lol! :p 

LOL...I'm also a Lord of the Rings fan so if the hair gets too long I might be able to become Gandalf the Gray or Gandalf the White. Then I could put on a wizard's outfit and hop in the General Lee (not that I'll ever really own one) and drive down the road with the window open yelling...."You shall not pass!"

9 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

LOL...I'm also a Lord of the Rings fan so if the hair gets too long I might be able to become Gandalf the Gray or Gandalf the White. Then I could put on a wizard's outfit and hop in the General Lee (not that I'll ever really own one) and drive down the road with the window open yelling...."You shall not pass!"

I’d love a General Lee...but Uncle Jesse can keep the white hair. :D His ‘character’, who he was, and what he stood for is what I like to try and emulate. :tup:

On 12/22/2019 at 10:44 PM, MonacoMan said:

I’d love a General Lee...but Uncle Jesse can keep the white hair. :D His ‘character’, who he was, and what he stood for is what I like to try and emulate. :tup:

+1 ! Right on! Although I have  gray hair with my brown and a white beard, when my wife said something about dying it, my mother said, " Oh no you don't" . I had to agree...like everything else in my life, I worked hard and got them through tons of stress!! ( So, since I earned them, I think i'll keep them! ;) )

Edited by Hobie Harkins