boycott

MIsti

why don't we just boycott the movie? i know i'm not gonna go see it. it's downright shameful that they didn't get input from the original cast/crew...anyone else just doesn't work...they didn't even bother with getting people that looked like the original characters...ugh...it's just disgusting and disheartening and i refuse to go see the movie!!!!!

I agree but sadly a boycott wont work it just makes people what to watch it more. I also agree they could have used the original actors are atlest asked them what they whated but if they have done that into days world no one would watch it. I would but people today would'nt watch a movie that would be made like the show. People today what sex and viloces if you dont belive me just tround the tv on thats is all thats on. A tv show like DOH or SAH Would never work in are world today.

Welcome to the board

dukesran1, i think a boycott by the people who love the show, who grew up with it just might work cause the ones who don't love the show are more 'an likely not gonna see the movie anyway, so it could work...i'm only one person, but i'm sure there are others who, like me, will not pay money to see the movie...there just has to be. Oh, thanks for welcoming me here. Dasy, i'm sorry for sounding so negative, but i just cannot find it in my heart to go watch this movie...it doesn't appeal to me in the least. They shouldn't even call it DOH...it's not the Dukes!!! Chet, i think dear ol' Uncle Jesse would want me to follow my heart on this one. :)

If you don't want to go see it, then don't go see it. I for one am looking forward to it. If it sucks it sucks, if it's cool I'll see it again. I'm not gonna join some band wagon and mess up something that could turn out to be pretty good. I won't pass judgement until I see it.
. I agree with you hole heartly. Why boycott no matter what people are still going to see the movie. Let people make their own choice to see it or not. 8)

I'm going to see it on opening day June 24th,, 2005... It may turnout to be a Blockbuster movie... no offense to original series... I guess we'll have to wait and see...

Based on people looking at the albums of the Dukes movie photos in these albums at

http://www.ccc-la.com/gallery/index.php

I'd say there is lots of interest in the new movie and people are anxiously awaiting the release...

Hopefully in the final editing and public/private screenings , everybody involved in the film will see that "scene" doesn't NOT fit in the context of the film. I sure hope they did not film that "scene" to appease the Poltically Correct public.

I am still looking forward to seeing the movie when it comes out. I have my reservations about it, but overall as a DOH I want to see what they made. Whos knows it might turn out better than we all expected? Lord knows almost everyone on this board expects very little from it. Then again it might not. WE sahll see in few months...

I have stated over and over again that movie will bring a new generation of Dukes fans who will in turn look back to the original series. Then those new fans can compare the original series to the current Hollywood adaptation. This will hopefully be a good thing all around to keep the DOH alive for future generations.

• 4 weeks later...

I will wait until I hear from others who go see it before I decide. If it has sex scenes and foul language, then it's certainly a no go for me. I don't think that's appropriate because 1) the original show was family friendly and 2) there will probably be many young boys interested in this type of movie.

The original wasn't supposed to be family friendly it just sorta turned out that way.

Personally, I'm waiting to see a trailor or somethig first. Still not thrilled about jessica as Daisy though. Ick.

Jessica Simpson said yesterday on Leno that they have "high expctations" for this movie. And maybe even a "sequel"

Personally, I dont really care if its family friendly or not. I dont want a lot of dog eating crap scenes however, or a lot of fart jokes, but if it wants to be a little more "adult" then I'm OK with that. BUt I can understand why some would be turned off by it

Almost all the cars came from Louisiana and Southern Mississippi. WB actually hired some guy from our local Mopar magazine to find the cars in people's backyards and such. The top notch cars were the ones used for close-ups and the rust buckets were bondo'd up and sprayed pretty. Trust me though...you won't be able to tell while watching the movie. And I won't say how much WB's put out for each Charger they found. You'd gag.