A Family From A TV Show

Meadowmufn

I saw a commercial tonight for The Walking Dead. It was about fans coming together and becoming friends over the show. One of the fans said something along the lines of  "I've created a family out of a tv show." Well, Dukes fans have been doing that for FORTY years! :) I know I'm not around here as often, but you all have helped me through some tough times. You're my Dukes family.

Well said cousin. Being here has been an amazing experience and always feels like family. When you get together for family reunions the only thing that everybody has in common is that they are related by blood or marriage. Here we have something better than DNA in common. We have the love of jumping an old clunker car over a creek with a corrupt but lovable sheriff behind us shouting "Hot pursuit!. I love it. I love it. Khee Khee!". I can think of nothing better or more meaningful than that to bring a bunch of people from all over the world together. Khee Khee. Thanks for making that happen MM!

17 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Well said cousin. Being here has been an amazing experience and always feels like family. When you get together for family reunions the only thing that everybody has in common is that they are related by blood or marriage. Here we have something better than DNA in common. We have the love of jumping an old clunker car over a creek with a corrupt but lovable sheriff behind us shouting "Hot pursuit!. I love it. I love it. Khee Khee!". I can think of nothing better or more meaningful than that to bring a bunch of people from all over the world together. Khee Khee. Thanks for making that happen MM!

I'll second that!, when I first discovered the Dukes of Hazzard it had been off the air for a good thirty-five years or so, I lived (and still do live) in a small, almost forgotten town in the middle of the UK, and I thought I was the only Dukes fan left in the world, fast forward seven years and I discover that I'm not the only fan left! Thanks MM for allowing me to be in a family I never knew existed :)

On 12/7/2019 at 10:48 PM, Meadowmufn said:

I saw a commercial tonight for The Walking Dead. It was about fans coming together and becoming friends over the show. One of the fans said something along the lines of  "I've created a family out of a tv show." Well, Dukes fans have been doing that for FORTY years! :) I know I'm not around here as often, but you all have helped me through some tough times. You're my Dukes family.

Yes....and we love you very much!

On 12/9/2019 at 1:41 PM, JHDuke said:

I'll second that!, when I first discovered the Dukes of Hazzard it had been off the air for a good thirty-five years or so, I lived (and still do live) in a small, almost forgotten town in the middle of the UK, and I thought I was the only Dukes fan left in the world, fast forward seven years and I discover that I'm not the only fan left! Thanks MM for allowing me to be in a family I never knew existed :)

As you can see, we're all over the world and there are many of us!  It's good to have you in the family...ALL of you in the family!! :)