Hazzardville Horror House

MonacoMan

I remember watching this episode when it originally aired and I was growing up...I like spooky/scary stuff, so this is one of my favorites of 3rd Season! :tup: But, the old “haunted” mansion used looks familiar...like I’ve seen it on another show and/or movie. Does anyone know if it was showcased in anything else? 

9 hours ago, HossC said:

The house was on the backlot, just two houses down from Boss' house. The props people did a great job dressing it to look run-down, but it appears in the background of several other episodes in a cleaner state. It has now been replaced by a larger building.

HorrorHouse0304.jpg

Good to know! I swear I’ve seen it used in some episodes of other shows, though. Not positive (I’d have to get my DVDs back out to check) but if I remember right I think this house was used as a ‘spooky’ house in a ghost-type episode of Wonder Woman, a few years earlier than “Dukes”...but I could be mistaken. Haven’t watched W.W. in years! 

2 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Hoss always amazes me. Hazzardville Horror is a great episode to watch every year around Halloween......although I wouldn't exactly call it terrifying. 

Lol, it’s not terrifying by any means...but for “Dukes” this is about as spooky as it gets! :lol: Wish they’d of made it just a little more scary, but for early 80s TV & a family oriented show, they could only do so much. ;) 

I always think that every time I watch it especially around Halloween. I wish they would have done something better like a haunted house that didn't get solved until the end of the episode like on Scooby Doo. Then at the end Boss could have said "I'd have gotten away with it if it weren't for those pesky Dukes."

8 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I always think that every time I watch it especially around Halloween. I wish they would have done something better like a haunted house that didn't get solved until the end of the episode like on Scooby Doo. Then at the end Boss could have said "I'd have gotten away with it if it weren't for those pesky Dukes."

That's a great point! Scooby Doo and the Dukes of Hazzard are basically all I watch! ( I've got all of them on DVD)

• 9 months later...
On 11/28/2019 at 9:02 AM, HossC said:

The house was on the backlot, just two houses down from Boss' house. The props people did a great job dressing it to look run-down, but it appears in the background of several other episodes in a cleaner state. It has now been replaced by a larger building.

HorrorHouse0304.jpg

Cousin Hoss... This house is seen in Arrest Jesse Duke, when the yellow Ford pickup of car stripping bad girls chase Dukes around the town square while Dukes are in Cooter's pickup.