Boy’s Best Friend Creepy Voice?

MonacoMan

8 hours ago, Skipper Duke said:

Tommy Pickles in Rugrats was really voiced by girl and all this time I thought he was a boy. Wow!

Cartoon characters can sometimes be voiced by different people/sexes/ages, etc...as they’re fake & often supposedly humorous characters to begin with. But, when it comes to real life and a real-person episode of something, if you’re going to dub someone’s voice you’d hope it’d sound halfway realistic. But, the voice they used for Boy’s Best Friend was weird & creepy...like an old lady trying to sound like a child/little boy. :blink:

22 hours ago, MonacoMan said:

Cartoon characters can sometimes be voiced by different people/sexes/ages, etc...as they’re fake & often supposedly humorous characters to begin with. But, when it comes to real life and a real-person episode of something, if you’re going to dub someone’s voice you’d hope it’d sound halfway realistic. But, the voice they used for Boy’s Best Friend was weird & creepy...like an old lady trying to sound like a child/little boy. :blink:

That's true but it was a good episode though....of course I like every episode!!!

23 hours ago, MonacoMan said:

I love every episode, too (except for the alien one :crazy:). I liked Boy’s Best Friend, and the majority of the episode I enjoyed. :tup: It was just the bad voice-dubbing that I found strange. :cornfused:

The alien one is definitely not one of the better ones. I also don't like ones where the boys fight, like Doctor Jekyll and Mr. Duke. 

2 hours ago, MonacoMan said:

Yeah, I’m not wild about the Dukes fighting amongst themselves, either. I realize it happens in most families at one time or another...but I was always glad when they worked it out and moved onto another episode where the Dukes were fighting bad-guys from outside Hazzard, together. :wink: 

Amen MonacoMan! Btw did you pick your name from Dodge Monacos? :)

Edited by Skipper Duke
I accidentally put to many words

5 hours ago, Skipper Duke said:

Amen MonacoMan! Btw did you pick your name from Dodge Monacos? :)

Yes...I chose my username from the 1977-78 Dodge Monacos used in the show (for Rosco’s, Enos’, & Cletus’ patrol cars), although 1977-78 Plymouth Furys were used as well. :D 

A 1977 Dodge Monaco was also the “signature” car used by Fred Dryer in the cop show Hunter, which I’m also a fan of & am a member of a fan-site for it. So, I’ve used ‘Monaco’ as part of a username before, too. :tup:

3 minutes ago, MonacoMan said:

Yes...I chose my username from the 1977-78 Dodge Monacos used in the show (for Rosco’s, Enos’, & Cletus’ patrol cars), although 1977-78 Plymouth Furys were used as well. :D 

A 1977 Dodge Monaco was also the “signature” car used by Fred Dryer in the cop show Hunter, which I’m also a fan of & am a member of a fan-site for it. So, I’ve used ‘Monaco’ as part of a username before, too. :tup:

Very cool! Besides The Dukes of Hazzard, I am Gilligan's Island and The Andy Griffith Show fan. My favorites are Bo Duke and Skipper Jonas Grumby. Hence my username of Skipper Duke.