Please help me figure out what episode this is from...

di79mar

Hello... Hoping someone can help me figure out the episode when Boss uses a trick wooden box to make it look like Bo and Luke stole money? I believe it was Boss Hogg and a Priest pass around a charity fund box at the Boars Nest, there is a lever that makes the inside of the box flip so it looks like the money is gone.

I can't for the life of me remember what episode this is... Thanks for helping me figure this one out!

I could be wrong but would this possibly be Shine On Hazzard Moon...where Boss forces Jesse to make shine again or he’ll send Bo & Luke to prison for the “supposed” theft of the orphanage fund—that was in a trick box the town was donating to at the Boars Nest? Could be mistaking this for a different episode, though. 

Edited by MonacoMan

:previous:

I've just checked it out, and that was the scene that I was remembering. I hope it's the one that di79mar wanted.

It was Rayford Flicker of United Amalgamated Dixie Charities, Inc. who was collecting for the Orphans' Fund. Boss starts the donations with $500, but while the box is on the Duke Boys' table, a distraction created by Rosco allows Rayford to drop the money into the false bottom of the box so that they can say the boys stole it. The scene is about 20 minutes into the episode, which is #16 in season 4.

I'm pretty sure the n in the first no is supposed to be capitalized and there should be a comma between the first and second no but not between the second and third no and you also forgot a period after the sentence which wasn't a proper sentence anyways since your prepositions, adjectives and adverbs weren't in proper grammatical sequence. Glad I could hel'p.

On 11/19/2019 at 1:45 AM, Hobie Harkins said:

The Grammar Police just told me that there's no apostrophe on the word " Orphans' "!  ( apostrophe goes on the right hand side showing a plural connotation! ( now back to my shine! ;)

I see that the box in the show didn't have an apostrophe, but the props people made a few spelling/grammar errors over the years. An "Orphan's Fund" would only support one orphan, whereas an "Orphans' Fund" could support many. If you really don't like apostrophes, you could call it "A Fund for Orphans"!

Or maybe the props people did it incorrectly to make the bad guys look stupid. After all, the bad guys who come through Hazzard are always stupid enough to get caught. If there is anywhere that a Duke mispelled anything then my theory may not hold water. I should add that us bad spellers need to all come together to support each other.....BAD SPELLERS OF THE WORLD UNTIE. 

On 11/21/2019 at 7:59 AM, HossC said:

I see that the box in the show didn't have an apostrophe, but the props people made a few spelling/grammar errors over the years. An "Orphan's Fund" would only support one orphan, whereas an "Orphans' Fund" could support many. If you really don't like apostrophes, you could call it "A Fund for Orphans"!

Right ON Hoss! LOL!   :) 

• 9 months later...
On 11/15/2019 at 9:41 AM, di79mar said:

Hello... Hoping someone can help me figure out the episode when Boss uses a trick wooden box to make it look like Bo and Luke stole money? I believe it was Boss Hogg and a Priest pass around a charity fund box at the Boars Nest, there is a lever that makes the inside of the box flip so it looks like the money is gone.

I can't for the life of me remember what episode this is... Thanks for helping me figure this one out!

Season 4 Shine On Hazzard Moon

On 11/17/2019 at 11:02 PM, MonacoMan said:

I could be wrong but would this possibly be Shine On Hazzard Moon...where Boss forces Jesse to make shine again or he’ll send Bo & Luke to prison for the “supposed” theft of the orphanage fund—that was in a trick box the town was donating to at the Boars Nest? Could be mistaking this for a different episode, though. 

No. You are right.