Different Steering Wheels??

MonacoMan

Maybe this has been brought up already in the past, but there’s so much awesome info about the “Dukes” on this site, it’s sometimes hard to find something if it’s already been mentioned in years past. :D Anyway, starting in I think 3rd season or so, Rosco, Enos, & Cletus primarily used 1977 Dodge Monacos & 1977 Plymouth Furys...the Furys primarily taking over by Season 4. But, I’ve noticed a lot of times the steering wheels and/or interiors don’t seem to match a 77 Fury, when shown. They are many times more from a 75-76 Fury. Did they interchange interior parts & steering wheels for some reason? I’ve noticed this a lot of times even before they wreck ‘em, so I wouldn’t think there’d be a reason to change out steering wheels or interior parts from an older model...it just seems strange to me, and I wondered if anyone knew why or had ideas of why? :confused: 

As the series progressed, a lot of the vehicles (and clothing) became standardized to make continuity easier. That still didn't stop AMC Matadors occasionally appearing in chase sequences in later seasons.

I'm guessing that rather than swapping the interiors, they probably swapped the front grille/lights from '77/'78 cars onto '75/'76 cars so that they looked the same from the outside. Of course, the makers probably had no idea that we'd still be watching the show 40 years later and spotting these little inconsistencies!

10 hours ago, HossC said:

As the series progressed, a lot of the vehicles (and clothing) became standardized to make continuity easier. That still didn't stop AMC Matadors occasionally appearing in chase sequences in later seasons.

I'm guessing that rather than swapping the interiors, they probably swapped the front grille/lights from '77/'78 cars onto '75/'76 cars so that they looked the same from the outside. Of course, the makers probably had no idea that we'd still be watching the show 40 years later and spotting these little inconsistencies!

I wondered if it was something like that, but it just seemed strange. Yeah, the Matador chase scenes used after 1st season were just stock-footage scenes thrown in from before...supposedly we wouldn’t notice...right? :-P As a little kid watching “Dukes” I can remember noticing the differences then, lol...but it never took away the joy of the show—and still doesn’t! :cheers: