Residents of Hazzard County

This could possibly take weeks but since there is an interest in it I'll get started. I'm going to compile a list of residents of Hazzard as well as relatives that may or may not be residents. I'm not sure how many I'll do every time I post. I likely won't be consistent. As long as the interest remains I will continue to add to the list. If you want to know which episode the person was on I can look it up. 

Edited by RogerDuke

I'll start with living relatives of the characters....Rosco has an Aunt Tillie.....Cletus has a mama.....Maybelle Tillingham is Boss's cousin....B B Davenport is Cooter's cousin....Boss' nephew Dewey is Hughie's older brother.....L B Davenport is Cooter's cousin....the Duke boys have an Aunt Lavinia.....Holly Comfurt is Jesse's second cousin twice removed and her kids are Lori and John Henry....Cletus is Boss's third cousin twice removed....Abraham Lincoln Hogg is Boss's twin, born 4-6-26....Daisy has an Aunt Kate....Rosco's Aunt Emma and Uncle Wilbur live in Nashville....Duke cousin Jeb Stuart Duke lives in Placid County....Cooter's cousin Earl is an undertaker. Cooter also has an Uncle Earl. Lulu and Rosco have a sister Hortense living in Decatur....Boss's nephew Jamie Lee Hogg is Boss's little brother's son....Rosco and Lulu have an Aunt Clara.....Boss has a father....Coy and Vance have an Aunt Bessie and Uncle Elbert...

Enos has an Uncle Odie (Sonny's father's real name)....Luke's brother is Jud "Killer" Kane....Boss's cousin is Big Dan Hogg of Rapaho County....Cooter's daughter Nancylou Nelson is from Alabama and her mother is Beverly Hibbs....Enos has an Aunt Minnie....Cooter has a cousin Tyrone.....Daisy has an Aunt Clara....Emma Tisdale has a younger sister Beulah Mae.....Gaylord Duke has an Aunt Katrina in England. My residents list is pretty long.  I think I'm done with relatives of the main characters that are still alive. I'll move on to relatives who have passed next. Then  I'll start on the resident list which is probably close to 200. 

Here's a list of relatives who have passed on to Hazzard Heaven.... Bo's father, Luke's father and Enos's father ran shine together.....Jesse's Mama was the best midwife in Hazzard County.....Boss' s Mama's ashes are in a racing trophy....Jesse's grandaddy worked Mississippi gambling boats before becoming a Christian.....The 3 younger Dukes had a Grandpa Henshaw...Grandma Duke's maiden name was Denton. Caleb Duke settled in Hazzard in the mid 1700s. Martha Duke had Joshua Duke on September 9, 1762.....Sadie Hogg was Boss's great-great grandma....Boss's great aunt Emma Lou Hogg died in 1980...Boss's great-great grandfather was Lighthouse Harry Hogg...Rosco and Lulu had a great uncle Hosiah P Coltrane....Rosco and Lulu had an Uncle Jasper....Silas Hogg was Boss's uncle.....and of course the season 7 episode "Go West Young Dukes" has a lot of charaters from June of 1872.

It will take several posts to get all the names in. Please realize that not all of these are actual residents. Some of them were simply people who were passing through town for a single episode. Perhaps I should have worded it "Residents and Visitors"......Honest John Ledbetter.....Dobro Doolin....Deacon Lyle Perkins.....Henry Porter (daughter Mary Kaye).... Ace Parker....Swamp Molly and Cousin Alice....Hershel Ferguson....Ernie Ledbetter....Jim Bronke....Pettigrew farm....Mackenzie farm....Dewey Stovall...Puckett farm.....Rhuebottom's house.(also own store)...Jason Higgins....Doc Henry Petticord....Widow Campbell....Burl Tolliver (daughter Sherry)....Widow Baxley.....Mrs Oxford (owns boarding house)....Jill Dodson.....Ms. Mabel.....Roxanne Huntley....Neil Bishop....Homer Willis (dentist)....

If you notice anybody I have missed it's probably because I haven't got to them yet. I will let you know when the list is complete....Widow Snodgrass...Hobson farm.....Amos Stigger....Ned Benson.....Judge Charles Druten....Granny Annie Coggins......Jim and Thelma Claire Rogers....Emery Potter.....Mabel Wooster.....Homer Hotchkiss...Nate Sumner.....Hard Luck Jones....Lester Crabb...Grady Byrd and his mama.....Miss Postale....the Spencer place....Amos Petersdorf.....Henstep McCullum....Jud Simpson...Henry and Gail Flatt...

Fritz Dooly....Jeb Tompkins.....Abner Peabody....Miss Finster....Mary Lou Pringle.....Judge Peabody.....Dr. Ronald L Carney....Charlie Watkins....Digby farm....Buster Moon....Perkins farm.....Adam and Ester Venable....Wilbur Fudge....Lucinda Meadows....Billy Burgett.....Len Hickey....Clyde Amos.....Mabel Horton.....Sy Marker.....Ed Purty....Zack Wheaton....Homer Griggs....Deke Haskell....Stump Roundtree....Miss Crumbly....Widow Emma Partridge....Reverend Ed Bachmann....JP Pruitt.....Fanny Drucilla...Bob Marley.....Roy Wheetley.....Mr. Jervis....Mr. Hotchkiss..

Miss Macarey......Doc Appleby....Clarence Stovall....Homer Sneed.....Bib Tucker.....Ben Wilkenson....Jim Skuggs....Hobie Harkins.....Zach Wheatley....BillyJo Dupard....Les Seymour....Judge Buford P Potts....Hector Farley....Charlie Wooten....C M Hermit....Billy Joe and Scarlett Fong...Pringle farm....Brown farm....Vern Haskins....Mr. Murkin....Otis Plunkett....Jake Sumner.....Andy Tibble....Hortense Bledsoe....Jeb and Carrie Morton....Silas Pew.....

Thanks for appreciating it Hoss. I only have 2 or 3 more posts. I used closed captioning to get some of the spelling but I know they're not all correct since it spelled Hobie Hartkins....unless our local HazzardNet moonshiner is spelling it wrong. I doubt it....unless he's been dipping into his finest again. That's enough to make a feller ferget how to spell his own name.

Chester farm....Eugene Jackson.....Artie Bender...Hopkins farm....Widow Baxley....Mrs Walker....Jeanette Parker....Old Man Conkey....Thurlow Westley....Cy Morley....Ben Brady....Cy Cummings....Mr. Malook....Perry farm....Mr. Whipple.....McCraken farm....Angus and Minnie Philpott... Deke Clancy....Shorty Shank...Ruben Scuggs....Heaver farm....Jed Barton....Zeke Ferris.....Widow Barlow.....Cy Erzo....Clyde Berney....Judge Carter....Postel farm.....S J Pruitt....N Beemer....Rosie Walker....

Reverend JP Frawley....Odie Strate....Pruitt farm.....Hackett place....Gussie Peabody.....Darcey Kinkaid.....Thompson farm.....Howard farm.....Baker farm.....Doc Peterson.....Peevee Hawkins farm.....Mr. Broom......Bill and Bonnie Tomkins farm....Gary Butler.....Hansen farm....McCall farm.....Lou Ann and Rodney Moffet.....Bib Tarkey.....Bubba Buford.....Ira Grant.....Cindy Mae Moffet......Mr. Winkle (there are 2 different ones).....Mrs Huckabee....Joe Ward.....Clem Boswell.....Elton Loggins.....Mrs Crabtree....Moses Baxley.....Ned Beemer farm....

:previous:

Ezekiah (no "H") Pringle was Mary Lou's Uncle Zeke in 'The Hazzardville Horror'.

You're right about the other one - the man who owed the Dukes money for a roofing job in 'New Deputy in Town' was just named as Mr. Pringle.

There was also a Pringle's Pond mentioned in 'The Great Bank Robbery' - "It's not my fault. Them Duke boys evaded me right into Pringle's Pond."

The writers must've liked the name Pruitt. There was Mr. Pruitt the printer in 'Mrs. Daisy Hogg', and one of the characters in 'The Treasure of Soggy Marsh' was also called Pruitt. Besides those, there were mentions of Pruitt Corners, Mr. Pruitt's farm, Pruitt's Hollow, Pruitt's pasture and Pruitt's Meadow (some of which have already been mentioned by Roger).

17 hours ago, HossC said:

The writers must've liked the name Pruitt. There was Mr. Pruitt the printer in 'Mrs. Daisy Hogg', and one of the characters in 'The Treasure of Soggy Marsh' was also called Pruitt. Besides those, there were mentions of Pruitt Corners, Mr. Pruitt's farm, Pruitt's Hollow, Pruitt's pasture and Pruitt's Meadow (some of which have already been mentioned by Roger).

That's a good find! I noticed that there are a lot of  " Charlies " in the show....Jesse calls almost any male he's passing on a street cornet etc.  Charlie.   " Hey Charlie" 

10 hours ago, Hobie Harkins said:

Wow! For a minor character, who was name only...he was in a lot of episodes!!

From what I remember JP Pruitt was only a name on a mailbox but I think it appeared more than once. A lot of these names I've listed are people whose faces never appeared on screen. Some of them were just places that were talked about or driven by. I have a lot of them matched up with roads, landmarks, ponds, etc. When I retire I'd like to make a map as big as a wall. I've made smaller ones in the past.