Strange Visitor to Hazzard

Ok, I know it's one of the later episodes, what did everyone think about "Strange Visitor to Hazzard"?, if you haven't watched it, to cut a long story short an alien comes to Hazzard and Boss and Rosco want to use him/her (was never clear on that) as an attraction to bring tourists into Hazzard. Oh and two guys who are on the run for holding up a church bingo game try to take over Hazzard using the WHOGG radio station (I think that's the name...), anyway that's all from me, 10:4.

Joe

5 minutes ago, Meadowmufn said:

Felix Silla played the Visitor. He also wore the costume for Twiki in Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, he was an Ewok in Return of the Jedi, he wore the Lucifer costume in Battlestar Galactica, and was Cousin Itt on The Addams Family.

And that's all the good stuff I have to say about "Strange Visitor to Hazzard". LOL!

That's quite a resume!

Edited by JHDuke

• 3 years later...
14 hours ago, MonacoMan said:

This was the worst episode of the show! :crazy: I don’t like alien/UFO stuff to begin with :roll:, but it definitely did NOT belong on a show like “Dukes”! :angry: 

We're glad you're back with us in here MonacoMan and a few years ago ( ?) we talked about this and all agreed with you....this show sucked!! It's GOT to be the bottom of the list! They were really reaching with this one! ( Were they drunk? Ran out of ideas? Buzzing?)

7 hours ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

We're glad you're back with us in here MonacoMan and a few years ago ( ?) we talked about this and all agreed with you....this show sucked!! It's GOT to be the bottom of the list! They were really reaching with this one! ( Were they drunk? Ran out of ideas? Buzzing?)

I check back periodically to see about new posts or topics to comment on. :D But, yeah this was around the time the writers seemed to not care & started coming up with some ridiculous episodes. This and the robot one, were pathetic plots that should never have been allowed to be produced & filmed into actual episodes. :unsure: 

1 minute ago, RogerDuke said:

It wasn't good. In fact, I'll agree that it was downright bad. Still, it was better than anything that is on television now. 

True...there’s not a lot of current TV shows I watch. The only one is the revival of CSI...now called CSI: Vegas. But, I love crime, detective, and adventure shows best. :wink: 

Just now, MonacoMan said:

True...there’s not a lot of current TV shows I watch. The only one is the revival of CSI...now called CSI: Vegas. But, I love crime, detective, and adventure shows best. :wink: 

I was watching Duck Dynasty for awhile there but there is no show that I care about anymore. I watch "Kudlow". It's a financial show..  Thank goodness for the classic TV channels and DVDs. Lately I've been youtubing motorcycles...mostly dirt bike stuff. 

7 minutes ago, MonacoMan said:

I check back periodically to see about new posts or topics to comment on. :D But, yeah this was around the time the writers seemed to not care & started coming up with some ridiculous episodes. This and the robot one, were pathetic plots that should never have been allowed to be produced & filmed into actual episodes. :unsure: 

I think the alien one was James Best's idea. They probably just did it as a favor to him. 

5 minutes ago, RogerDuke said:

I was watching Duck Dynasty for awhile there but there is no show that I care about anymore. I watch "Kudlow". It's a financial show..  Thank goodness for the classic TV channels and DVDs. Lately I've been youtubing motorcycles...mostly dirt bike stuff. 

3 minutes ago, RogerDuke said:

I think the alien one was James Best's idea. They probably just did it as a favor to him. 

I have TONS of shows I’ve collected over the years...so thank God (for real) that we came up with DVDs & Blu-rays! I have Netflix but I don’t even watch that a lot anymore. I’m always going through some show I haven’t seen in a few years (and I’m always acquiring movies—usually older or old ones to watch), and usually never have to worry about viewing content. 

Recently I’ve started going through “Dukes” again...this time I’m purposely watching on my old cone-butt TV in the basement family room—which is in the old entertainment center & all my “Dukes” action figures next to die cast metal models of their cars —along with the lunchbox & one of the TVGuides, are all displayed on top. All this while sitting on an old 70s brown floral couch, lol! I still have an old DVD/VCR combo machine set up down there...so it’s fun watching the show as it looked when originally aired (aka non-HD). This is all just because I can, lol...although a Blu-ray release (digitally remastered in HD) of “Dukes” would be superb!! 

I didn’t know James Best wanted the robot episode...as much as I loved him & the character of Rosco, I can’t agree with the choice to make that one. :spin:

• 1 year later...
On 8/17/2022 at 9:47 PM, RogerDuke said:

I said the alien episode but now that you mention it, it might have been the robot ep too. I can't remember where I heard that. Maybe Hoss will shed some light on that tomorrow. It's probably 3 in the morning over there now. 

Sorrell Booke directed Strange Visitor so the alien must have been Hogg's idea.

39 minutes ago, Skipper Duke said:

Sorrell Booke directed Strange Visitor so the alien must have been Hogg's idea.

Hey! I bet not! :( Well...if it is....maybe he had no taste but he still was one of the best actors! I've started to notice that I've added more episodes to my least fav./don't watch anymore list.  The orphan they took in that time