New DoH Complete TV Series Set

Just seen a new Dukes of Hazzard complete series set @ my local Walmart for $59.99, looks like it would take up less than half the shelf space of the old season sets. This is an official WB release not a lower definition Mill Creek release like a lot of other 80's tv complete sets are.

Warner Bros' own online store want $134.99 for the set!

Amazon describe it as a 33-disc set, whereas previous sets have been 38 or 40 discs. Maybe they've used double-sided discs like some seasons of the region 2 release (I've never counted how many discs I have). I just hope they didn't reduce the quality to squeeze more episodes on each disc (I've read about this with other shows).

On 7/7/2019 at 10:09 PM, Meadowmufn said:

I'm still hoping someday we'll get a blu-ray release. *sigh*

I was gonna say streaming it thru amazon was going to be your only choice for a high def DoH but it seems either WB or Amazon has since removed them from streaming, but your not missing much when they convert them to HD they usually make it 16.9 so you lose the top and bottom of the original 4.3 video.

Oh and in my original post the price was supposed to be $69.99

Amazon describe it as a 33-disc set, whereas previous sets have been 38 or 40 discs. Maybe they've used double-sided discs like some seasons of the region 2 release (I've never counted how many discs I have). I just hope they didn't reduce the quality to squeeze more episodes on each disc (I've read about this with other shows).

That's Millcreek that does that HossC. They don't do fans justice by doing that either, a lot of the episodes look really grainy. Although Millcreek is putting old 80's tv shows out on Bluray they are not truly remastering them just squeezing the 4.3 video to 16.9 and shoving as many episodes as possible on a single disc.

• 3 weeks later...