General Lee #2

JESSI DUKE

I guess it might be different if they used the same Batmobile in the movies like the one in the TV show. But the TV show isn't on regular TV anymore and when younger people think of Batman , I would think they come up with Michael Keaton and Tim Burton, not Adam West ...

With the Dukes , the General is recognized all over the world and it is the same one that will be used in the movie.....

Well enough of my ranting, the General Lee should have been #1 on the list....

Darrell

The General Lee will always be the number one car in the world to me, an I think many people can chime in with me there. I mean General Lee is the king of kings when it comes down to cars.

Twenty some years down the road he'll still be saluted, the only reason he aint number one is because he dont need to hog the spot light. Hes pulling forward for awhile, givin someone else a chance to own up to being great. But no matter how great another is... General Lee will always be as he has always been....01.

~Chet

officially yes the general is the most recognised car world wide, the most famous tv car, the most replicated car and is one of the most wanted cars to own / drive in the world

but the batmobile was completely custom built and a lot of custom fabrication went into it (although it is made by the same guy that made the general and he preffers the general) which may be what made it the best car from tv / film

but jesse james never put the batmobile or kitt on a bike rear fender!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone remember Herbie? One of the Bug websites claimed Herbie was the most recognized car in the world. I felt like emailing them and sending them to this website. Herbie was cool and all, but I think a big 'ol orange American musclecar ramming it on the side would make it less recognizable.

• 3 weeks later...

doh is the only tv series where the car is the star

knight rider (wash mouth out with soap) had david hasselhoff (more soap) as the star

batman had, well, batman as the star

general lee = best tv car EVER

the only tv car that was better, was del boys van, and it is only better for comic reasons

general lee = best tv car EVER

Crazy C, I agree with this statement, but you also said that "DOH is the only show where the car is the star"...I have to disagree with that...I don't think that the General is the star of the show. I think that the orange charger, like the rest of the "main" cast was part of the ensemble that were the stars of the show. If the General were the true star of the show, Coy and Vance would have had a better reception because people would have been watching for just the General (and personally I am thrilled that Bo and Luke came back).

As for KITT in KR...I think that KITT and David Hasselhoff were co-stars, I know I personally watched for one as much as the other....

LS3

What about the Munsters coffin-car?

Just in case you're still curious... The car from the Munsters was called Dragula!

And as far as Herbie vs. The General... Let's just say the Herbie movie might be better than the Dukes movie after hearing all the crap with Uncle Jessie and them Dukes smoking up. But you never know, do you?

What about the Munsters coffin-car?

Just in case you're still curious... The car from the Munsters was called Dragula!

And as far as Herbie vs. The General... Let's just say the Herbie movie might be better than the Dukes movie after hearing all the crap with Uncle Jessie and them Dukes smoking up. But you never know, do you?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I also have a little insight on the new Herbie movie coming out. The cars were built by the same guys that did the General Lee...sorta. A fella named Garnet Baril in California built pretty much all the Beetles for the movie. I have a disk around here somewhere with pictures from the production. I wasn't really planning on seeing the movie but the Bug sounds awesome. And to be perfectly honest, (I'm gonna get lynched for this I know) Herbie would smack the General Lee's orange bottom if put side by side. Mind you it was not a stock, production Beetle in the movie. The body panels were about the only stock parts. The frame was custom (tube chassis) but there was a VW motor/transmission; albeit a tad beefed up. Herbie actually ran with real NASCAR racers on the track and kept up easily at OVER 170+ MPH. NASCAR let Herbie participate with the other racers just prior to the races getting underway, and a few yellow laps. One of the NASCAR drivers literally laughed when he saw the Beetles out there...until he ran against it. In reality though, the GL is far more recognizable than Herbie ANYDAY. I look at the two cars as which one could pick up chicks faster. Damn, Lindsay Lohan is better looking than Jessica Simpson. Hmmmm. Let me re-think this stuff.

(if I happen upon the Herbie disk amongst all this chaos we call a computer room, I'll include the pics!)

The Dukes had the General and each other to rely. But in Knight Rider Michael(David Hasselhoff) when he had made a mistake in a case he had K.I.T.T to rely in which his car ended up saving the day nuremous times. I just bought season two of Knight Rider and I was watching the episode called "White-Lined Warriors" or something like that. I Like when the car was right behind the one guy after the police chief was trying to silence Michael about what he had knew about what was going on and kitt had pushed the Ram Charger nearly off the cliff with the guy attached to it.

But just in a point but in Knight Rider the red Caddy in all the Smokey and The Bandit is in the Goliath two episode. You know somebody that has season two set or you actually own Season two watch the very first season two show and you'll see what I am talking about. But the funniet thing that happened with Kitt was when he taped Michael confronting the guys at the radio station and after he broadcast the tape, the radio station wants to hire Kitt.