Has anyone been to "cooters place" yet?

T-Man

I stopped there after Dukefest last year and really enjoyed it. It was really cool. It has several Duke vehicles parked outside including his tow truck and inside is like a Dukes of Hazzard meuseum where he has DOH toys and collectables showing along with things from the show. Lots of pictures and autographs from the cast.

He also has a small store of DOH goods that you can look at and buy. I really enjoyed looking around there and seeing all that he has to show and all that he has to sell. :D I hope you enjoy it!

-Garrett Duke-

Crowded as these things can get, I've never seen them reach a capacity where they stop selling tickets. It's $25 for tix for the whole weekend, which ain't bad.

I usually pack a cooler, and do these trips on a shoestring. Where I blow the money is on autographs n' gifts n' such. I can't seem to go to these things without gettin' stuff for my friends who couldn't make it.

Because I'm sucha sweet cuss. :D

One of my students is going to get his autograph for me next weekend. We thought it was this weekend but that was a different auto show at Bartle Hall.

I doubt I'll go myself since I have little interest in cars in general (although I'm tempted since I heard THE General would be there) and I have to do taxes and other errands that day (my only free day).

But my student says if I'm nice to him this week he'll get Ben Jones's autograph for me. Oh the things we teachers do for an autograph! But for Ben Jones <sigh>, okay I'll be nice to the kid.

He is really nice in person. I met him last year at a car show here were i live. He talked to me for a few minutes and when he was done talking to me and signing my things, he went over to my parents who was waiting for me and talked to them for a few minutes. Out of all the cast i have met(bo,rosco,enos,cooter)he was the most friendly. They were all nice but cooter was the best, more down to earth.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Crowded as these things can get, I've never seen them reach a capacity where they stop selling tickets. It's $25 for tix for the whole weekend, which ain't bad.

I usually pack a cooler, and do these trips on a shoestring. Where I blow the money is on autographs n' gifts n' such. I can't seem to go to these things without gettin' stuff for my friends who couldn't make it.

Because I'm sucha sweet cuss. :D

:lol:

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi, im from Australia and am doing a massive road trip for 5 weeks starting in August, im visiting Covington and plan to visit Cooters place in Tennesse, after hearing all the good reports about this place im getting very excited, cant wait!

YEEHAW!

You will meet his cousin works there at Cooter's place but she's nice and she's related to Ben Jones.